PDA

View Full Version : The Lizard

TRF
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Third start for The Lizard, and while his record stands at 1-1, he hasn't pitched bad yet. Can he sustain it? My hope is yes, and my head says yes as well. This kid has impeccable control, always has, but he's add a much improved changeup to his repertoire. He's keeping hitters off balance. Will Arizona's offense/park help or hurt him tonight? Can he continue to be stingy with the free passes?

I don't think the Reds bullpen is up to the task of making a run for the post season, but this underappreciated rotation is quietly making waves. I plan to enjoy it while it lasts.

dougdirt
05-05-2006, 03:11 PM
I really hope that Elizardo can come through with another quality start for the Reds tonight. The Dbacks have been real hot lately though, so lets hope he can keep them guessing and the bats can rough up Webb for the first time all year

Falls City Beer
05-05-2006, 03:23 PM
I don't know what Ramirez will do, but there are fewer greater uphill climbs than Brandon Webb.

lollipopcurve
05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Would make for another Friday night giantkill.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Chris Carpenter, Ben Sheets, Roy Oswalt...all have been beaten by the Reds on a Friday night this year. Amazing. And now Brandon Webb is pitching tonight. It seems like this team never misses the opposing teams ace in a series.