PDA

View Full Version : Reds Mother's Day promotion

indyred
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
On the sked it says a special gift for first 10,000 moms next Sunday at GAB.........and the big surprise give-away is a freakin Reds water bottle.....I bet all the moms went and rushed to the Reds ticket offices today.......come on Reds, you can do a little better than that.........can only imagine what the special give-away item is for Father's day.......anybody heard yet.......

Highlifeman21
05-05-2006, 04:47 PM
All I know is they consider you a "Mother" if you're a female 16 and up. Classy.

Red Leader
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Note to Bob C:

Need a little work in the P.R. dept.

edabbs44
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
All I know is they consider you a "Mother" if you're a female 16 and up. Classy.

They'll probably give paternity tests to the fathers. What a joke...how about a rose for each mother?

Reds Fanatic
05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
They are giving away the same water bottles on Father's Day. Here is what they look like:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/images/schedule/2006/ph_bottles.jpg

savafan
05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
They'll probably give paternity tests to the fathers. What a joke...how about a rose for each mother?

Roses in Cincinnati are banned by interim commissioner for life Bud Selig. ;)

Red Leader
05-05-2006, 05:06 PM
They are giving away the same water bottles on Father's Day. Here is what they look like:

Wow.

*shuts down Redszone to go to ticket.com site to get tickets*

savafan
05-05-2006, 05:10 PM

FWIW, I know some males 16 and up that I consider "mothers" :evil:

creek14
05-05-2006, 05:21 PM
They use to have decent Mother's Day promos. I still take the tote bag from a few years ago to every game.

Last year it was a frame. Who wants a frame with Reds and Kahn's or whatever it was on it? Not me.

The PR dept needs to do a tour of parks and see some of the stuff other teams give away. I still have great caps and flip flops and an umbrella and beach towels and tee shirts and license plate frames and other stuff from my days attending White Sox games.

Highlifeman21
05-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Did you know that in the Commonwealth of Kentucky (since it's not actually a state), all unmarried mothers have to have a paternity test done when they have a child?

A guy I know just had a kid and the baby mama's from KY, and she had to have a state ordered paternity test. I keep busting his balls telling him it's not his.

Which one of you smarty pants can name the other 3 commonwealths in the US off the top of your head?

KronoRed
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM

I've seen those at the dollar store.

traderumor
05-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey, it could be worse. I would imagine the Reds apron would not go over real well, or the Reds official toilet brush. Free breast cancer screenings to the first 10,000?

And somewhere John Allen is copying and pasting into memo format as I type. :evil:

traderumor
05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Did you know that in the Commonwealth of Kentucky (since it's not actually a state), all unmarried mothers have to have a paternity test done when they have a child?

A guy I know just had a kid and the baby mama's from KY, and she had to have a state ordered paternity test. I keep busting his balls telling him it's not his.

Which one of you smarty pants can name the other 3 commonwealths in the US off the top of your head?

Hey, they could have Kentucky day on the Maury Povich show "You are not the father." The cast of "My Name is Earl" could be the guest hosts.

KronoRed
05-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia ;)

KronoRed
05-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Of course the commonwealth is simply a title, they are no different then the other 46 states.

A real commonwealth (Puerto Rico) has distinct differences, not having to pay federal taxes for one.

Topic hijack over..carry on :D

RedsFan74
05-05-2006, 05:47 PM
They gave away Reds/Kahn's gas grill covers a few years ago that were pretty nice.

Unassisted
05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Now if those bottles came with a free refill of the beverage of your choice for the rest of the season, that would be worth the trip. :beerme:

indyred
05-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I almost feel bad for George on TV when he has to promo this game...........Reds fans make sure you bring your moms/wife to the ballpark on Mother's day, where they will get a gift from the Reds......a nice handy dandy freakin plastic water bottle...........

savafan
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
They should give away a Reds' recipe book of the players' favorite recipes from when they were growing up. It'd be a unique gift, and I'm sure LaRue and Dunn would have some good recipes to include.

traderumor
05-05-2006, 07:48 PM
They should give away a Reds' recipe book of the players' favorite recipes from when they were growing up. It'd be a unique gift, and I'm sure LaRue and Dunn would have some good recipes to include.

I don't think pizza and beer would count as a recipe :evil:

KittyDuran
05-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I was complaining to a co-worker about the Mother's Day promotion this year - I told her I might not go - because it's so crappy.:thumbdown

I still have my totes, visor and floppy hat from years past which were great!

savafan
05-05-2006, 07:53 PM

That's what I grew up on. :p:

Patrick Bateman
05-05-2006, 07:59 PM

No, but it counts as a nurishing breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Yachtzee
05-05-2006, 08:18 PM

My brother got me a 97X cookbook about 12 years ago that included recipes from listeners, rock bands, and prominent Ohioans. Why not do the same as a Reds promotion? Players, wifes, mothers, FO people, broadcasters, groundscrew, banana phone callers ;), could all submit their favorite recipies.

WVJulz
05-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Roses in Cincinnati are banned by interim commissioner for life Bud Selig. ;)

Thank you so much for the chuckle.....I laughed until I cried when I read this.

Julz :thumbup:

savafan
05-05-2006, 08:29 PM
banana phone callers ;)

Now you're talking about people who throw out the pizza and eat the box while crushing the still full beer cans on their forehead. :help:

BuckWoody
05-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Possum Fritters?

MattyHo4Life
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM

The Cardinals are giving their promo away to the first 20,000 women 16 and up also. I thought that was odd when I saw it. They aren't giving away water bottles though. Their promotion is a pink Cardinal tote bag.

KySteveH
05-05-2006, 10:06 PM

This is ridiculous. Of course this isn't true in any of the 50 states. The easiest way for a father to establish paternity is simply signing the birth certificate. I'm guessing your friend has a "special" situation.

Also, "commonwealth" is just used as part of the official name of the state. It's no different than "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations". All states are legally the same, regardless of their official names.

Highlifeman21
05-05-2006, 10:53 PM
This is ridiculous. Of course this isn't true in any of the 50 states. The easiest way for a father to establish paternity is simply signing the birth certificate. I'm guessing your friend has a "special" situation.

Also, "commonwealth" is just used as part of the official name of the state. It's no different than "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations". All states are legally the same, regardless of their official names.

The guy who had the kid wasn't allowed to sign the birth certificate until the test came back. The baby was given the mother's last name. Just b/c you sign the birth certificate doesn't mean you're the father. I guess once the test came back proving this guy was in fact the father, then he was added to the birth certificate. B/c the mother is a resident of KY, this is why the test had to happen. Apparently if you're a female resident of KY and you have a kid and you're not married, you have to have a mandatory paternity test to identify the father. I don't make up the rules, I just pass on what I've observed as fact.

I wasn't saying that Commonwealth had anything to do with this example, I was just commenting that there are only 4 Commonwealths in the US, and Krono identified the other 3 after KY.

I think The Federalist Papers as well as the concept of Federalism would dispute your last fact here.

KySteveH
05-05-2006, 11:33 PM
The guy who had the kid wasn't allowed to sign the birth certificate until the test came back. The baby was given the mother's last name. Just b/c you sign the birth certificate doesn't mean you're the father. I guess once the test came back proving this guy was in fact the father, then he was added to the birth certificate. B/c the mother is a resident of KY, this is why the test had to happen. Apparently if you're a female resident of KY and you have a kid and you're not married, you have to have a mandatory paternity test to identify the father. I don't make up the rules, I just pass on what I've observed as fact.

I understand what your friend told you, but it's not the case. Trust me when I say that you would never be required a paternity test unless the parenthood of the child is in dispute. I should note that I am not qualified to practice outside of Kentucky or Indiana, but I'm fairly certain that no state has this requirement. If there is a state that does, I stand corrected, but certainly not Kentucky.

I wasn't saying that Commonwealth had anything to do with this example, I was just commenting that there are only 4 Commonwealths in the US, and Krono identified the other 3 after KY.

I think The Federalist Papers as well as the concept of Federalism would dispute your last fact here.

I understand we got off on a tangent discussing commonwealths. What I should have said is that none of the 4 states that call themselves commonwealth is legally different from the other 46 strictly due to its name.

redhawkfish
05-06-2006, 11:15 AM
On a Father's day several years ago, I got a barbecue grill set.(tongs, grill fork, spatula and a sauce brush. I still use it!
As for the cheap water bottle, I'll pass!:eek:

Benny-Distefano
05-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Somebody start a poll.

Which do you want?
a) tote bags and grill sets
b) added guns after the all-star break to carry us into the playoffs

:)

Yachtzee
05-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Somebody start a poll.

Which do you want?
a) tote bags and grill sets
b) added guns after the all-star break to carry us into the playoffs

:)

Why can't we have both? The team doesn't actually pay for those promotional goods. They get some local company to cover it. Thus, your grill set will be a Reds/Kahns grill set or a Reds/Totes Tote Bag.

When I interviewed with a minor league team, I asked why they had gotten rid of certain past promotions. The plain and simple facts was that they didn't have enough sponsors to pay for those promotions and all the fireworks nights the team was offering.

My idea, if I were the Reds Mktg Director, would be a Reds Oktoberfest to coincide with Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. Procure a home series on that weekend and extend the usual Oktoberfest festivities down to GABP, with bands, German food, etc. Get the Hofbrauhaus, Warsteiner, or Christian Moerlein to sponsor a "Tiroler Huet" (Tirolean Hat) promo. Everyone gets a Red Tiroler Huet with a wishbone "C" and a feather. If they ever get the Banks project done, they could put Oktoberfest Zinzinnati right next to GABP. The Reds should create a symbiotic relationship with other events in the town.

By the way, if you've never been there, Oktoberfest Zinzinnati rocks. :beerme:

MattyHo4Life
05-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Why can't we have both? The team doesn't actually pay for those promotional goods. They get some local company to cover it. Thus, your grill set will be a Reds/Kahns grill set or a Reds/Totes Tote Bag.

Exactly... the past Reds ownership has done a great job of teaching Reds fans how to pinch pennies, and convinced them that it is necessary in order to field a good team. Companies pay for the promotional items so that they can plaster their name all over it.