PDA

View Full Version : NYTimes article: "Why Not Them?"

vaticanplum
05-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Article about the Reds and the Tigers. Nothing really new...fundamental baseball gets some lip service. I'm still wondering where the love is for Coffey.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/07/sports/baseball/07chass.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

redsfan30
05-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm still wondering where the love is for Coffey.
Coffey will get love when/if he is inserted into the closers spot, and he does well in that spot. As far as the national media goes, nobody cares about what is right now a set-up man in Cincinnati, Ohio.

2001MUgrad
05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Fundamentals huh?? Been preaching it huh Jerry??

Its weird watching this team sometimes. One game they will play great defense, get their bunts down, move runners from second to 3rd, etc. etc. Then the next game it will look like they have never seen a baseball glove and never attempted a bunt in their life. Its weird with this team sometimes. The good thing about it I guess is when it rains it pours and finishes up that game(See 15 error game against the cubs I think, and the 22 errors in 1 inning against the D'Backs Friday).

blumj
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Don't almost all teams have those domino effect error-fests on occasion? I don't think those are particularly meaningful. It's one of those things, like LOBs, that just get contagious once in a while.