PDA

View Full Version : Is Dave Williams Still in the Rotation?

TheBigLebowski
05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
I don't know how much more The Powers That Be need to see, but we rarely know what they're thinking, if ever.

Shaknb8k
05-07-2006, 11:17 PM
I went with yes....even though cant see why he should be. But i have no faith in the way this 25-man roster as well as starting lineups are being managed.

flyer85
05-07-2006, 11:22 PM
He got the win, isn't that what counts?:D

KronoRed
05-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Of course, he did get that win ;)

RedsMan3203
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Who else we going to stick in there?

UK Reds Fan
05-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Honestly, I just don't see why if Milton is healthy, letting Eric and Lizard fill out the 4 and 5 slots in rotation and just let Williams rot in AAA or bullpen.

The guy is awful now, has no great pitches of potential, salad tosser and doesn't have any command of his slow rollers. I'd even have to consider Mike Gosling and Matt Belisle in the rotation before Williams.

Belisle doesn't even pitch much at all in the pen, let the guy run out there every 5th day besides the slow of Williams.

Joseph
05-07-2006, 11:29 PM
I went with yes....even though cant see why he should be. But i have no faith in the way this 25-man roster as well as starting lineups are being managed.

Are you watching the same team as me?

Williams is questionable, but I don't know how you could have no faith in the way the roster is being managed.

KronoRed
05-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Who else we going to stick in there?
Our 8 million dollar ace.:evil:

RedsMan3203
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Our 8 million dollar ace.:evil:

Milton right? :)

Caveat Emperor
05-07-2006, 11:59 PM
If Elizardo Ramirez is the best the Reds farm system can currently produce, then we're stuck with Dave Williams for the forseeable future.

Oh yeah, and Krono -- according to DanO, Williams is our $1.5 million dollar ace.

Superdude
05-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Williams looks like a product of a great Pittsburgh defense. I'd give him until Milton gets back and then go with this...

1) Harang
2) Arroyo
3) Claussen
4) Milton
5) Ramirez

Ramirez has been pretty decent, and even if he implodes, I'd have Belisle in the 5th spot before I'd have Williams.

TheBigLebowski
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Currently, 12 people think he will still be in the rotation, and 17 don't - albeit in varying degrees.

I have to admit, I voted "Hell No" based on my wishes, but I really think he will be.

Now...once Milton is healthy, Williams should either be headed to AAA or released outright after a severe beating and The Lizard should get his spot in the rotation. Hell, if we're that starved for a lefty, teach The Lizard to throw lefty. After about 2 weeks of training, he'll be better than Disco Dave.

kyle1976
05-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Williams, in our minds, is dangling by a thread. Hopefully, managemant feels the same way and will let him go join Womack on the couch, effective immediately. :beerme:

Anybody would be better than Williams. He has absolutely no potential whatsoever. He looks like a 50 year old batting practice pitcher. It's really sad to think that this is all we got for Casey. I understand the money part, but still, Casey for this guy??? He is, without a doubt, the worst pitcher I've seen in the last few years and maybe the worst I've ever seen. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone more inept on the mound.

scounts22
05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I have to admit, I voted "Hell No" based on my wishes, but I really think he will be.

Me too.

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know who will be pitching Friday?
(Please not Williams...:pray: ) I know Williams pitched yesterday, but can't remember where he falls in the rotation.

Cicero
05-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Right now you keep him in there because we need a warm body in the rotation. Once Milton is back you can move him to the bullpen. My biggest concern right now is the errors. I can understand poor pitching from time to time, but the errors are just poor fundamentals and should never be happening at such a high frequency.

RedFanAlways1966
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
The REDS as a team are...

* 4-2 when Dave Williams starts.
* 2-0 when Dave Williams starts in May.

:evil:

flyer85
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Who else we going to stick in there?Belisle.

flyer85
05-08-2006, 12:03 PM
from Rotoworld

The Mets are expected to inquire about Odalis Perez as a replacement for Victor Zambrano in their rotation.

Somebody needs to tell them about Dave Williams ... and he is much cheaper than Perez.

Send us Heath Bell and you can have Williams.

TheBigLebowski
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
from Rotoworld

Somebody needs to tell them about Dave Williams ... and he is much cheaper than Perez.

Send us Heath Bell and you can have Williams.

Send us a loaf of bread and some lunchmeat and you can have Williams.

Hell, just pay the price of the plane ticket to fly him out there and he's yours.

PuffyPig
05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
I think that most people who voted "he's not in the rotation" voted with their heart, not their brain.

There's zero chance that Willimas will be removed from the rotaion prior to his next start.

Whether he should be is an entirely different question.

gilpdawg
05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
He's in there probably until Uncle Miltie gets ready. I hope Lizard doesn't implode, because that will be how Williams gets out of the rotation. If Lizard implodes, then he'll go down when Milton gets back. Go Lizard! Get Williams outta here.

VR
05-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I voted yes, simply because he got the 'w', and I think that appeases management a bit. I'm more hopeful that something is found to be wrong with him physically, as he his k/bb rates are off the charts for career norms. I don't recall seeing a pitcher without even a hint of an 'out' pitch since Jose Lima's 'no bueno' years post Astrodome.

Let's hope it's some fatigue type injury, as the DL is the only viable option IMHO. He's no help to the pen, and no need to have him clog up AAA.

Milton can at least strike people out (I was actually surprised by his much improved velocity and ability to K people vs. last year), I'd gladly have him and Elizardo/Belisle in the rotation until Williams figures it out.

KronoRed
05-08-2006, 07:25 PM
The REDS as a team are...

* 4-2 when Dave Williams starts.
* 2-0 when Dave Williams starts in May.

:evil:
Thanks to the mighty O ;)