PDA

View Full Version : GAB Survey

TeamMorris
05-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Found this on Cincinnati.com

Thought some may be interested. At the end they allow you to see how others opinion relates to yours...interesting!

http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/22867/redsgapb.htm

KittyDuran
05-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Completed it this morning - the issue that I was opposite of the majority was having a restaurant chain take over the Machine Room (I thought it was a good idea). IIRC, 95% thought it was a bad idea. :p:

smith288
05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Im clueless...what is the "machine room"? I have only been to GABP 4 times

redsmetz
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Found this on Cincinnati.com

Thought some may be interested. At the end they allow you to see how others opinion relates to yours...interesting!

http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/22867/redsgapb.htm

The result I was glad to see was most people agreed ushers are friendly. I think Cincy's ushers (maybe just ushers in general) get a bad rap. I've rarerly found them surly, almost always helpful.

flyer85
05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Im clueless...what is the "machine room"? That's where they take you if you are a tool.

smith288
05-08-2006, 02:25 PM
So that is the place they took me... nevermind.

KittyDuran
05-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Im clueless...what is the "machine room"? I have only been to GABP 4 timesIt's a sports bar in the ballpark. The first year that GABP was opened (2003) the Reds stated that it would be open during the off season - but that hasn't happened since. Parking, low attendance, and the fact that the advertising for the bar is terrible has kept it closed during away games and the off season. It's tucked in the left field corner.

TOBTTReds
05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
My main thing is get some vegetation! There aren't any trees or bushes (in the stadium) visible while watching the game. I love how others have it out in center (Jacobs, Phillies, Comerica (Detroit), Camden, Wrigley, Busch). Even our grass out there is fake, and not to mention our stealth fighter party deck.

smith288
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
My main thing is get some vegetation! There aren't any trees or bushes (in the stadium) visible while watching the game. I love how others have it out in center (Jacobs, Phillies, Comerica (Detroit), Camden, Wrigley, Busch). Even our grass out there is fake, and not to mention our stealth fighter party deck.
That partydeck needs ivy or something

KronoRed
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
IIRC, 95% thought it was a bad idea. :p:
I wonder why? the name? it's a nice name but the place is never open, a real chain might be..would be good for the Reds.

People can be so short sighted :dunno:

Dunner44
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I'd love a BW3s there... then I could combine my two favorite things.... Wings and sports! (not that I already don't at BW3s, but live sports are more fun)

TeamBoone
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Completed it this morning - the issue that I was opposite of the majority was having a restaurant chain take over the Machine Room (I thought it was a good idea). IIRC, 95% thought it was a bad idea. :p:

I really like the Machine Room just the way it is... the food has been top notch when I've eaten there. Reasonably priced too, considering the portions are not exactly small.

TeamMorris
05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I'd love a BW3s there... then I could combine my two favorite things.... Wings and sports! (not that I already don't at BW3s, but live sports are more fun)

The one question where they asked what food you would like to see added I said a BW3's. Not in place of the Machine room but one of the concession. I honestly am not a huge wing fan unless cooked on a grill with BBQ sauce but I am in love with there onion rings and pizza pockets!

I watched a show on the Food network late winter that featured ball park food. It was incredible what other parks have. What was more amazing is that most of the parks with the fancy and/or local foods were minor league parks. They had roasted corn, turkey legs, fresh cut fries, foot long taco's, ribs, fried chicken and much more!

TeamMorris
05-08-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh...anyone want a great salad!! Get the taco salad at the machine room!! Probably the best I ever had and it's not a small whimpy salad! Yummmmmy!

Reds/Flyers Fan
05-09-2006, 01:34 AM

If you think those parks have greenery, you should check out the home and visitors bullpen and the Colorado scene beyond the centerfield fence at Coors Field. Dozens of pine trees and other evergreens, birch trees, rock formations and a waterfall. Beats all the other ballparks combined.

BuckWoody
05-09-2006, 10:16 AM
I really like the concept of the Machine Room and in general think it's pretty well ran aside from the lack of marketing. We went to the 12:35 game last Tuesday and were able to get in and get a very good lunch about an hour before the game. We had plenty of time to eat and get to our seats for the first pitch. A lot of times we'll head back up after the 7th to get another cold beer for the non-driver that game and watch from outside.

I have one major complaint about it though; you can't watch the game from there. There are seats outside and some along the windows which are great but 90% of the place has zero view of the field. Is this the way the "stadium restaurant" is set up in the other new ball parks? I've often thought that they would be better served in turning the Riverfront Club into the Machine Room or at least another stadium bar type place. The tiered seating allows for more people to see the game while they eat/drink/socialize. I know that memberships to the Riverfront club have dropped in price nearly every year since the park opened and it never seems to be packed. I wonder how profitable it's turning out to be.