PDA

View Full Version : Wilson does not equal Savior

BoCcc2832
05-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Paul Wilson, for any of those hopefuls out there, will not save our season from the tyranny of Dave Williams, evil Brandon Claussen (b/c he is two-sided) and whoever is the fifth pitcher. My reason is that, even though Paul Wilson is only 33 years old, he has gone through numerous arm surgeries, and after two rehab starts (three if you include extended spring training), he called for a rest period (10-14 days) to regain his composure. This is bad news to me and I have lost hope that Paul Wilson will come back to be anywhere close to what he was two years ago. The Paul Wilson of 2006 (when he comes back) will be no better than a reliever because of the lack of arm strength. Wilson's fastball is around 82-83 mph when it should be closer to 88 mph. Face it, Reds fans. In Wilson, we should not trust. We must look elsewhere.

wolfboy
05-08-2006, 09:23 PM
The bad news is that Paul Wilson will not be the pitcher he was in '04.

The worse news is that the pitcher we saw in '04 wasn't all that good anyway.

kxblue
05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
This is pretty clear, and many on this site have called for his retirement. Still, I really hope he comes back, as he deserves to make it with his work ethic and good guy nature.

Milton should be the bigger worry as right now he is also only throwing in the low 80s. If he could get it back up to 90, that would be huge.

Ravenlord
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Milton should be the bigger worry as right now he is also only throwing in the low 80s. If he could get it back up to 90, that would be huge.
that's a huge 'if' for a guy who's velocity comes from his legs that have a degenerative knee condition and is in his mid 30s.

GAC
05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Paul Wilson has a greater chance of walking on water then ever pitching again. ;)

Joseph
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't think Paul Wilson is considered by any to be a savior of the staff.

Ravenlord
05-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I don't think Paul Wilson is considered by any to be a savior of the staff.
that's not the impression i get off of Narron or Marty...or Daughtry when he's in the booth with Marty.

'savior' is too strong a word though, more like the guy who would put the rotation over the top and solidify the team into making the playoffs.

KronoRed
05-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Wishful thinking on their part.

BoCcc2832
05-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Okay, I guess I shouldn't have said "Savior", but my point was that Paul Wilson was supposed to bring this rotation over the top from its pathetic 3-4-5 rotation woes. My bad, dawgs.69