PDA

View Full Version : Please move Dunn to 1b when Jr returns...

44Magnum
05-09-2006, 09:10 AM
and Jr to LF. This is just a desperate plea from a fan that is hoping that someone in the Reds organization is reading this. :thumbup:

UPRedsFan
05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Double please!

flyer85
05-09-2006, 10:26 AM
I would be shocked if it happens.

Jr's Boy
05-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I believe this topic has been covered on RZ,umpteenth times.

TOBTTReds
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I'll pass this along to Mr. Narron when I see him today. Thanks for your support.

TOBTTReds
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
;)

BoCcc2832
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
No, this should not happen, because even though Griffey is slowing down, Dunn would be so much worse at 1B. Plus, Jr. has played CF all his career and he would have to relearn a new position. It can't happen, plus we can use Hatteberg's OBP.

TOBTTReds
05-09-2006, 12:53 PM
No, this should not happen, because even though Griffey is slowing down, Dunn would be so much worse at 1B. Plus, Jr. has played CF all his career and he would have to relearn a new position. It can't happen, plus we can use Hatteberg's OBP.

So Freel on the bench everyday? Then when he needs time we take out one of our sluggers? And Hatteberg becomes and everyday player?

Reds1
05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't see it happening, but I would like to see some double switches and maybe some starts for Griffey at LF, but not sure it's happening until Griffey signs off on it.

BoCcc2832
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
That's not what I said, dang it. I wish people would get off my freaking back and stop taking what I said out of context. Stop twisting my words! You know what I mean, so get off of it. I happen to love Freel's "all-outness" because I am a runner and I love when baseball players give it their all to get a play, regardless of what it does to their body. And no, Hatteberg shouldn't be an everyday player. But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.

TeamBoone
05-09-2006, 01:37 PM
And no, Hatteberg shouldn't be an everyday player. But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.

Just curious as to what your basis is for feeling this way....

remdog
05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
....But he sure is a better option at 1B than Dunn is, hands down.

I would vehemently disagree with that statement. Dunn is, IMO, already a better defensive first baseman than Hatteberg and by moving him to first you would allow the 'D' to get better at other positions as well. Additionally, while 'Hat' has been hot with the bat lately, when he returns to his norms you're going to see a drag on the 'O'. Hatteberg makes a nice bench player---and that's his best option.

BTW, what does being a runner have to do with likeing Freel? :confused: Ya' lost me with that one. Does this mean that non-runners prefer players that stand around like their shoes have been nailed to the turf?

Rem

Hal#23Fan
05-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Moving Jr. to first seems to me to be the better move with all of the injuries that Jr. has had the past couple of years. It might be time for Jr. to give up CF in order to stay healthy and 1st would be a perfect fit for him. IMHO

44Magnum
05-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Hatteberg does not appear to be that good of a fielder. I see him turning catchable balls into e's pretty regularly. Plus, he's on pace to hit 10 dongs for the season. He is a good bench guy/spot starter, but that's about it. And don't even get me started on Weathers closing.:laugh:

TeamBoone
05-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Moving Jr. to first seems to me to be the better move with all of the injuries that Jr. has had the past couple of years. It might be time for Jr. to give up CF in order to stay healthy and 1st would be a perfect fit for him. IMHO

I'm not pinpointing your post, just using it as an example because this is the perception of at least 50% of the posters on this board.

Jr (and different members of the medical staff) have said repeatedly that Jr's medical history precludes him from playing first base due to the quick starts and stops required to play the position effectively.

I wish I could find the articles but I guess I'm not using the appropriate search term(s) because so far I've been unable to locate them. But they're there, somewhere. Trust me; I've read them.

Hal#23Fan
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm not pinpointing your post, just using it as an example because this is the perception of at least 50% of the posters on this board.

Jr (and different members of the medical staff) have said repeatedly that Jr's medical history precludes him from playing first base due to the quick starts and stops required to play the position effectively.

I wish I could find the articles but I guess I'm not using the appropriate search term(s) because so far I've been unable to locate them. But they're there, somewhere. Trust me; I've read them.

I was not aware of that, so thanks for the info. :beerme:

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I would be shocked if it happens.
I'd give Jerry a big hug if it did happen :D

dougflynn23
05-09-2006, 05:54 PM
:) It won't happen. An absolutely iron-clad source in the Reds baseball operations department at the time of Dunn's signing swears on his honor that Dunn and his agents willingness to sign a multi-year deal was predicated on the Reds giving him their word that he would remain primarily an outfielder. Apparently Krivsky and Narron agreed to that.

Matt700wlw
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
and Jr to LF. This is just a desperate plea from a fan that is hoping that someone in the Reds organization is reading this. :thumbup:

Won't happen....Griffey will be in center and batting 3rd when he returns.

REDJAKE
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Dunn is a lot better off in LF and so are the Reds god knows how many errors he would make at 1st and Lopez and Encarnacion need a good guy at 1st.GO CINCY!!!!

buckshotrod
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
As far as dunn goes at 1B...why? so he can screw up that position, too. He has a hard enough time being in the on deck circle as he about got McCracken killed sunday by not telling him to slide. He stood there and was a spectator.

As far as Hatteberg's defense goes, maybe it is just me but all of the games I have seen (all on tv) he has flat out saved the infielders from more errors. He has continually dug out errant throws.

With Freel not hitting it kills me to see Denorfia rotting on the pine. Put the kid in there a few games and see what happens. However, Freel has made some darn good defensive plays.

JMHO