PDA

View Full Version : Odalis Perez

Benihana
05-09-2006, 11:26 AM
is on the trading block according to ESPN.com. What could we give to get him? With Nomar out would LA be willing to do a deal for Hatteberg and say...Josh Hall?

Hall is pitching well at AAA and Hatteberg is replaceable with Aurillia (and MAYBE Jr.) coming back. Plus we would be selling high with him (and buying low with Perez). If Hall wouldn't get it done as a throw in, would you include Ryan Wagner to get the deal done?

This is, of course, assuming the Dodgers are willing to assume the difference in Hatteberg and Ody's $10 mil salary, leaving us with a $1.5 mil buyout for next year.

Puffy
05-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Paging Krusty in Three.....Two......One......

Spitball
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Remember when Grady Little said, "This isn't Oakland. We swing the bat"? I'm not sure they'd be interested in Hatteberg. And, I'm not sure the Reds should be interested in Perez. He has not pitched well and has not gone very deep into games and he makes way too much money...and he is a head case.

The only deal I might consider would be Milton for Perez. But, to be honest, I like Milton's chances of coming back better than Perez's. Knees are more fixable than heads.

Cyclone792
05-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Odalis Perez Road since 2003

Innings H/9 K/9 BB/9 HR/9 K/BB dERA ERA
286.0 10.20 5.70 2.36 1.35 2.41 4.57 4.94

Get Odalis Perez out of Dodger Stadium and he becomes a below average pitcher. Once he leaves the friendly pitching confines of Los Angeles, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

Perez will make Eric Milton type money this season and next season. Plus he has a $4.5 million signing bonus owed to him after the 2006 season, which I'm not sure if the Dodgers are on the hook for anyway or if they're also trying to unload that. The Dodgers are trying to contact the Mets regarding a Perez deal, which leads me to believe that LA isn't willing to fork over the cash to pay for the bulk of his contract.

Regardless, if I was the Dodgers I'd be trying to unload Perez too. And if I'm Wayne Krivsky I'm staying far away.

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Milton for Perez or nothing at all.

Joseph
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't think Hatteberg can be traded until June 15th as he was signed as a FA this year.

Spitball
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think Hatteberg can be traded until June 15th as he was signed as a FA this year.

Excellent point, he can't be traded until June 15. I'm betting any team willing to take Perez's contract could have him for an average double A middle infielder.

Marc D
05-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Excellent point, he can't be traded until June 15. I'm betting any team willing to take Perez's contract could have him for an average double A middle infielder.

Unless Dan O gets another GM gig soon.

Then all bets are off because a resume with names like Milton, Ortiz and Williams wouldn't be complete without Perez (that is of course assuming he couldn't pry Lima away from the Mets).

wheels
05-09-2006, 10:30 PM
I would actually pay to see a pitching staff of Milton, Perez, Ortiz, and Lima.

That would be utterly hilarious.

flyer85
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Why would LA want Hatteberg?

KronoRed
05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
He's a vet who brings a winning attitude?

Spitball
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM

I think the original poster must have thought Nomar was still DL'd.

Krusty
05-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Milton for Perez. Two struggling lefthanders that need a change of scenery. Salaries are similar.

Spitball
05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Milton for Perez. Two struggling lefthanders that need a change of scenery. Salaries are similar.

The only deal I might consider would be Milton for Perez. But, to be honest, I like Milton's chances of coming back better than Perez's. Knees are more fixable than heads.

Just my thoughts.

Redmachine2003
05-11-2006, 05:29 PM
How about Milton and Williams for Perez and we throw in about 3 mill.

Krusty
05-23-2006, 08:19 AM
From the LA Daily News:

No takers: The Dodgers continue to shop left-hander Odalis Perez, a 12th pitcher they don't really need but are carrying simply because they can't get rid of him.

Perez has made exactly one appearance since being demoted to the bullpen three weeks ago, that being a shaky, one-inning stint May 14 at San Francisco.

Perez declined to comment on the matter Monday.

"He's getting his work in in the pen," manager Grady Little said. "There were two days during the last series when he was up in the pen throwing."

If the Dodgers are willing to eat some salary or possibly take Milton for Perez, would you do it?

KronoRed
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Yes.

Milton for Perez or nothing at all.