PDA

View Full Version : Would you take a chance on...

RedsMan3203
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Josh Towers from the Blue Jays?

He has gotten off to a HORRIBLE start this year.

Last year he posted 3.71 ERA in 33 games started. Pitched over 200 innings and won 13 games.

If he keept his up, the Jays will look to move him out of the rotation, would you take a chance on the 29 year old?

edabbs44
05-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Sure...depending on the cost. I'll take a chance on a lot of people to get DWill out of the rotation.

flyer85
05-09-2006, 10:49 PM
If you want to keep an eye on somebody see if Krivsky has any interest in Joe Mays(a Twins product). I doubt that he does and he hasn't shown the DanO propensity to love players he knows.

Heath
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
If you want to keep an eye on somebody see if Krivsky has any interest in Joe Mays(a Twins product). I doubt that he does and he hasn't shown the DanO propensity to love players he knows.

Mays refused assignment to Omaha so he could get paid the 1 million (or so he thought)

After the 10 days are over, I would not be shocked to see WayneK snatch him up for the league mininum - or - trade for the infamous PBTNL.

Tony Womack, where art thou?

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Mays refused assignment to Omaha so he could get paid the 1 million (or so he thought)

After the 10 days are over, I would not be shocked to see WayneK snatch him up for the league mininum - or - trade for the infamous PBTNL.

Tony Womack, where art thou?except that over the last year+ Mays has just been awful.

Heath
05-09-2006, 11:08 PM
except that over the last year+ Mays has just been awful.

True - dude lost some velocity and location. Not good.

He'd fit right in, however.

Got traded for Roberto Kelly. How interesting.

Talk about a one-hit wonder.

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I think for the moment WK will sit tight until he sees what he has in Milton. I suppose he can cross his fingers and hope this will fix the problem a least for a few months.

From what I've seen so far the Lizard has a really good shot at staying in the rotation. He has better stuff and command than both Claussen and Williams

kheidg-
05-09-2006, 11:14 PM
As a Reds fan in Minnesota I sure hope they don't sign the guy. IMO he is no better than anything we have, even Paul Wilson or Dave Williams.

RedsMan3203
I love Claussen and I believe in the guy... He has everything going for him... He just can't pitch more then 5 innings....

Stick him in the pen so he can pitch 2 innings every couple days... I think that would be best for him...

Move someone else into the rotation...

Heath
BTW - Darrell May's line stats in Louisville.

1-2 3.80 ERA
21 1/3 IP - 18 H, 8 BB, 20K

Maybe we can have a Mays and a May in the same rotation in May.

:dunno:

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:17 PM
I love Claussen and I believe in the guy... He has everything going for him... He just can't pitch more then 5 innings....Claussen's problem is that when he can't thrown his offspeed stuff for strikes he gets pounded because his fastball is below average. Tonight they were just sitting fastball and when he left 'em out over the plate they hammered them.

RedsMan3203
05-09-2006, 11:18 PM
You think he'd be better out of the pen, or traded?

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:21 PM
You think he'd be better out of the pen, or traded?I honestly don't see him as a reliever because he stuff is so pedestrian, to be effective he needs to use all three pitches with decent command. The question is will he ever develop any consistency with his offspeed stuff.