PDA

View Full Version : trade idea with minnesota!

schroomytunes
05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
what if we deal with the Twins. Krivsky knows the system and they are not going to be contenders this year and with our hot start maybe we should try to acquire another pitcher before the deadline. so here goes:

Reds trade: Ryan Wagner RP
Brandon Claussen LHP
And a B prospect

Twins trade: Boof Bonser RHP
Carlos Silva RSP or Kyle Lohse RSP

Thoughts?

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't see what the Twins are getting in the deal.

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't see what the Twins are getting in the deal.
Junk.

We'd have to throw in an A prospect, and we don't have many.

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:05 PM
at this point short it's really hard to see how they can make a deal that will do much. There arent many trading chips that if used wouldn't hurt the team in one to help in another.

Heath
05-09-2006, 11:06 PM
As much as I appreciate Krusty and everyone's trade ideas, I'm afraid what you see is what you will get for this year anyway.

Unless the Reds are in the race come July 31st. Or, the Reds are out of it enough where they can unload an Eric Milton, a veteran bullpen arm, or Scott Hatteberg.

The return ain't going to solve many issues.

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:14 PM
As much as I appreciate Krusty and everyone's trade ideas, I'm afraid what you see is what you will get for this year anyway. The best they can do is hope to address the situation internally. They have some AA relievers who could help and having relief help jump from AA to the majors and help is not unheard of.

I honestly hope that when Milton comes back they send Belisle to AAA and put him in the rotation.

traderumor
05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
You're giving up too easy. Jason LaRue, Ryan Freel, Austin Kearns, Brandon Claussen could all generate some value, esp. at the deadline, to name a few chips that could be replaced internally and lead to a starter upgrade. And all of those could result in a contender or pretender overpaying. A good package including one or two of those guys plus a prospect might be worth more than you think.

CTA513
05-09-2006, 11:17 PM
Twins are using Liriano out of the bullpen right now.
If they got him he could start, but it might take a little while to get him stretched out since hes only been pitching a few innings at a time.

3.60 ERA
20 IP, 26 Hits, 1 HR, 4 BB, 28 K

I dont expect it to happen... but it would be nice if it did.

:D

Heath
05-09-2006, 11:20 PM
The best they can do is hope to address the situation internally. They have some AA relievers who could help and having relief help jump from AA to the majors and help is not unheard of.

I honestly hope that when Milton comes back they send Belisle to AAA and put him in the rotation.

The above will take some retooling of the 40-man with some outrighting and some other things.

It would be interesting.

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:25 PM
The above will take some retooling of the 40-man with some outrighting and some other things.

It would be interesting.WK has not hesitated to make moves. I glad he didn't take a year to assess the situation. :rolleyes:

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
WK has not hesitated to make moves. I glad he didn't take a year to assess the situation. :rolleyes:
Then spend 25 mill on a bad pitcher

flyer85
05-09-2006, 11:45 PM
Then spend 25 mill on a bad pitcherI guess he should have taken another year.

kheidg-
05-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Lohse could be easily available, the Twins likely would want hitting in return for him though. His spot in the rotation is likely on the line versus the Rangers tomorrow night. Especially now that Liriano pitched three more scoreless innings tonight.

As far as Lohse is concerned, he'd be an upgrade over Dan Williams and considering his salary I don't think we'd have to give up all that much to get him.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060508&content_id=1443876&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

KronoRed
05-10-2006, 03:58 AM
I guess he should have taken another year.
I shudder at the thought of what he would have done with 2 years

RedsManRick
05-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Lohse is simply not good (see Mays, Joe) and Silva puts way too many balls in play to be effective with a poor defense behind him. Bonser would be nice, but I'm not sure why this deal makes sense for anybody really.

kheidg-
05-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Lohse is simply not good (see Mays, Joe) and Silva puts way too many balls in play to be effective with a poor defense behind me. Bonser would be nice, but I'm not sure why this deal makes sense for anybody really.

Lohse is better than Mays. I'd deal a couple low value prospects for Lohse, but not Silva. Silva would get racked at the GABP. Lohse would be an upgrade over Wilson or Williams, which is why I'd take him. The Twins are looking to deal him and he could be had cheap.

RedsManRick
05-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Lohse is better than Mays. I'd deal a couple low value prospects for Lohse, but not Silva. Silva would get racked at the GABP. Lohse would be an upgrade over Wilson or Williams, which is why I'd take him. The Twins are looking to deal him and he could be had cheap.

The question is that with the twins offense as pathetic as it is, why would they trade a starter and solid pitching prospect a worse starter, a different prospect, and a B level guy?

A Lohse for Denorfia type deal makes more sense.

RedsMan3203
05-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't think the Twins are gonna come up off on Boof who is suppose to break into the majors later this season.

If you want him, you have to give something up for him.....

Krusty
05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
If we can't get either Crain, Liriano, Baker or Boof in a deal, what is the sense of making one with the Twins? Radke, Lohse and Silva are struggling and wouldn't improve the Reds pitching.

membengal
05-11-2006, 09:39 AM
If we can't get either Crain, Liriano, Baker or Boof in a deal, what is the sense of making one with the Twins? Radke, Lohse and Silva are struggling and wouldn't improve the Reds pitching.

Thank you.