PDA

View Full Version : I saw something in the sky tonight

savafan
05-10-2006, 12:55 AM
At 12:02 AM, on my way home from Xenia, I was travelling down Upper Bellbrook Road toward Kettering. Off to my right, I saw something hovering in the air. It appeared to be symmetrically triangular in shape, and had about 16 lights around it's base. Since there were no other cars on the road but me, I was able to stop and watch it. It was clearly hovering, but not moving. After a few seconds, it slowly spun around twice and started moving to my left. I watched it for a few seconds and then carried on. Two minutes later down the road, I saw another one off to my left, a bit further out (or perhaps it was the same one, but I didn't see it travel that direction, so I don't know). As soon as I stopped my car to look at that one, it quickly moved straight up and darted further off behind me, back toward Xenia.

Now, I usually tend to be a rational thinking person, so I'm not going to make any outlandish claims that I can't prove here, but someone please tell me that there is aircraft like what I described. :help:

KronoRed
05-10-2006, 04:02 AM
Hats on.
http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/screen/signs19.jpg

LoganBuck
05-10-2006, 07:44 AM
Don't they keep the Roswell spaceship at Wright Pat?

RedFanAlways1966
05-10-2006, 07:51 AM
sava... were you drinking the water at Lake Shawnee? ;)

Strange for sure. It reminds of my honeymoon. My wife and I made it a point to take a midnight stroll on the beach each night (holding hands, romantic, etc). Everynight over the horizon of the ocean we'd see lights just above the ocean. These lights would kind of bounce around a bit and move. We do not drink or do drugs (in case you were wonderin'). We never could figure it out. We still make reference to it from time-to-time and laugh.

Perhaps since we are close to Wright-Patt AFB, it was an escapee from Hangar 18?!?! :alien:

Welcome to our fortress tall, Take some time to show you around
Impossible to break these walls, For you see the steel is much too strong
Computer banks to rule the world, Instruments to sight the stars

Possibly Iíve seen to much, Hangar 18 I know too much

Foreign life forms inventory, Suspended state of cryogenics
Selective amnesiaís the story, Believed foretold but whoíd suspect
The military intelligence, Two words combined that canít make sense

Possibly Iíve seen to much, Hangar 18 I know too much

paintmered
05-10-2006, 09:11 AM
I've heard stories from Harrier pilots of competitions amongst them to see who can create the most UFO sightings through their flying. One of them once put himself in a hover on the backside of a road tunnel. He found 18 documented sightings from his little stunt over the next week.

The harrier is an aircraft that can mimic the flight of a UFO very easily.

Heath
05-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Notice UFO's never come out in the daytime....

You were in Xenia, sava, that does explain SOME of it..

Puffy
05-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Sky rockets in flight?

deltachi8
05-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Sky rockets in flight?

An afternoon delight...

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiO58mFE4rEAC.SjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/

Falls City Beer
05-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Two words: MEEE-thane.

Dom Heffner
05-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I always wondered why UFOs had lights, anyway. Seems to me if they could travel all the way across the galaxy, they wouldn't need to put little white flashbulbs on their ship.

If the bulb goes out, I wonder if they can get a replacement at Wal-Mart?

westofyou
05-10-2006, 12:09 PM
If the bulb goes out, I wonder if they can get a replacement at Wal-Mart?Or if one goes out do the others? Like a christmas tree?

BuckWoody
05-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe it was the ball Soriano hit off of Shackelford last night. ;)

Blimpie
05-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Hats on.
http://www.joaquin-phoenix.net/pics/screen/signs19.jpg:laugh: :D :laugh: :D :laugh: :D

marcshoe
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
If you were in Xenia, it was probably just Tecumseh's spirit streaking through the sky.

Nothing unusual.

KronoRed
05-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Maybe it was the ball Soriano hit off of Shackelford last night. ;)
Nah that one is still going :devil:

flyer85
05-10-2006, 03:24 PM
are you sure it wasn't a Close Encounter of the 4th Kind?

Heath
05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
If you were in Xenia, it was probably just Tecumseh's spirit streaking through the sky.

Nothing unusual.

That's Blue Jacket.

Tecumseh was in Chillicothe.

And now, for something completely different.

Caveat Emperor
05-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I always wondered why UFOs had lights, anyway. Seems to me if they could travel all the way across the galaxy, they wouldn't need to put little white flashbulbs on their ship.

More advanced species obviously reduce the number of lights involved in their spacecrafts until they reach an efficient number:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40953000/jpg/_40953683_tardis203.jpg

Roy Tucker
05-10-2006, 04:42 PM
That's Blue Jacket.

Tecumseh was in Chillicothe.

And now, for something completely different.
Chillicothe was the name of where the Shawnee tribe lived. Which moved around so there is no one Chillicothe. Old Chillicothe is also called Old Town which is on SR 68 north out of Xenia. It's also close to where Simon Kenton ran the gauntlet.

http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/Foulois/chap7.htm

Tecumseh's birth site is not known for sure. A plaque on State Route 68, south of Old Town and Goes Station in Greene County, says Tecumseh was born in the Shawnee Village at Old Chillicothe (now Old Town). Some historians believe he was born in the Shawnee Pickaway settlement on the Mad River, west of present day Springfield. All agree, however, that Tecumseh was born in 1768, just as a meteorite shower lit the night sky. The spiritual Shawnee considered this an auspicious sign and he was named Tecumseh, Flight of the Panther, the Shawnee name for meteorite showers.

max venable
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM
I saw it too...and I managed to snap this photo:
http://www.viafanzine.yan.com.br/ufotos/fabio_triang1.jpg

Yachtzee
05-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Did it look like this?

http://www.moviereporter.net/fotos/chicken_little/chickenlittle11.jpg

savafan
05-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Did it look like this?

http://www.moviereporter.net/fotos/chicken_little/chickenlittle11.jpg

No, that would just be weird. :p:

KronoRed
05-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Looks like a sandwich :D

BoydsOfSummer
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
It was god.

deltachi8
05-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Looks like a sandwich :D

Perhapps one of those death sandwiches WOY talks of?

:D

marcshoe
05-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Chillicothe was the name of where the Shawnee tribe lived. Which moved around so there is no one Chillicothe. Old Chillicothe is also called Old Town which is on SR 68 north out of Xenia. It's also close to where Simon Kenton ran the gauntlet.

http://www.ascho.wpafb.af.mil/Foulois/chap7.htm

Tecumseh's birth site is not known for sure. A plaque on State Route 68, south of Old Town and Goes Station in Greene County, says Tecumseh was born in the Shawnee Village at Old Chillicothe (now Old Town). Some historians believe he was born in the Shawnee Pickaway settlement on the Mad River, west of present day Springfield. All agree, however, that Tecumseh was born in 1768, just as a meteorite shower lit the night sky. The spiritual Shawnee considered this an auspicious sign and he was named Tecumseh, Flight of the Panther, the Shawnee name for meteorite showers.

iirc, the last time I was through there, there was also some sort of a marker in a little roadside park on the right as you were going north, but my brain is full of holes, so I could be wrong. The site that was said to be Old Chillicothe was a cornfield at that point.

I kind of doubt anyone can really point to a spot and say, "This is where Tecumseh was born" with any real accuracy. The Shawnee didn't set up a lot of historical marker signs back then.

But I think Heath was thinking of the outdoor dramas.

On another note, why are UFOs always seen near AF bases? hmmmm....;)

GAC
05-14-2006, 06:24 AM

The theory is that that is why they keep coimng back.... for more light bulbs, because their planet is a WalMart-free zone.

So let this be a lesson to you earthlings. ;)

WebScorpion
05-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Well, it's perfectly clear to any sane human being that Xenia is the center for terrestrial operation of some alien society. The 1974 tornado was, in fact, a sophisticated weather control operation performed by the aforementioned aliens to raze Xenia in preparation for the building of their super secret Ops center. Now if you'll just look at this little flashy-thing for a moment... :cool:

savafan
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
the building of their super secret Ops center.

OPS? ;)

WebScorpion
05-17-2006, 02:10 PM
OPS? ;)

Apparently advanced life forms have completely done away with batting average. MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh:

GAC
05-18-2006, 08:57 AM
I saw something in the sky last night too, while mowing the yard. It started out really small, yet the more I looked at it the bigger it got as it headed towards me.

I never knew birds could be so accurate while riding a John Deere. :roll:

WebScorpion
05-18-2006, 10:03 AM
I never knew birds could be so accurate while riding a John Deere. :roll:

Birds? Riding a John Deere? INCONCIEVABLE!! :ughmamoru

KronoRed
05-18-2006, 03:30 PM
That is one nice aiming bird.

GAC
05-18-2006, 03:48 PM
That is one nice aiming bird.

That's OK. We have alot of those birds that build their nest in the ground around here.

Mulching blades do wonders. ;)

RFS62
05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
A bird with an Air America affiliation, no doubt.

Cicero
07-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I lived very close to Wright Patt in college. We did a few "alien abductions" at off campus parties. Unfortunately my mind control device never seemed to work.

redsmetz
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM

Looks like the aliens removed your photo! :alien:

StillFunkyB
07-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Apparently advanced life forms have completely done away with batting average. MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :laugh:

The real question is, how do said life forms feel about Dunn's K's? :evil:

goreds2
07-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I thought this was a Home Run off Milton thread: SORRY ;)

Matt700wlw
07-19-2006, 02:49 PM
At 12:02 AM, on my way home from Xenia, I was travelling down Upper Bellbrook Road toward Kettering. Off to my right, I saw something hovering in the air. It appeared to be symmetrically triangular in shape, and had about 16 lights around it's base. Since there were no other cars on the road but me, I was able to stop and watch it. It was clearly hovering, but not moving. After a few seconds, it slowly spun around twice and started moving to my left. I watched it for a few seconds and then carried on. Two minutes later down the road, I saw another one off to my left, a bit further out (or perhaps it was the same one, but I didn't see it travel that direction, so I don't know). As soon as I stopped my car to look at that one, it quickly moved straight up and darted further off behind me, back toward Xenia.

Now, I usually tend to be a rational thinking person, so I'm not going to make any outlandish claims that I can't prove here, but someone please tell me that there is aircraft like what I described. :help:

http://www.poster.net/x-files/x-files-mulder-scully-4900003.jpg

Benny-Distefano
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
My feeling is, any species advanced enough to come so far to see us, would be advanced enough not to make any contact with us under any circumstances.

Heath
07-19-2006, 03:17 PM
I think it was Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

wheels
07-24-2006, 09:26 PM
So....Nobody here believes that Aliens are visiting the planet?

I think you're all just afraid of the truth.

savafan
07-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Man, have you ever created a thread that you wished would just fade away and be forgotten, but people keep bringing it back up?

:)

KronoRed
07-25-2006, 02:40 AM
So....Nobody here believes that Aliens are visiting the planet?

If they are..it's the drunk ones

Like cow tipping ;)

savafan
01-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Go ahead, scoff. ;)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/columnists/chi-0701010141jan01,0,5874175.column?coll=chi-newsnationworldiraq-hed

Published January 1, 2007

It sounds like a tired joke--but a group of airline employees insist they are in earnest, and they are upset that neither their bosses nor the government will take them seriously.

A flying saucerlike object hovered low over O'Hare International Airport for several minutes before bolting through thick clouds with such intense energy that it left an eerie hole in overcast skies, said some United Airlines employees who observed the phenomenon.

Was it an alien spaceship? A weather balloon lost in the airspace over the world's second-busiest airport? A top-secret military craft? Or simply a reflection from lights that played a trick on the eyes?

Officials at United professed no knowledge of the Nov. 7 event--which was reported to the airline by as many as a dozen of its own workers--when the Tribune started asking questions recently. But the Federal Aviation Administration said its air traffic control tower at O'Hare did receive a call from a United supervisor asking if controllers had spotted a mysterious elliptical-shaped craft sitting motionless over Concourse C of the United terminal.

No controllers saw the object, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

The FAA is not conducting a further investigation, Cory said. The theory is the sighting was caused by a "weather phenomenon," she said.

The UFO report has sparked some chuckles among controllers in O'Hare tower.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

Some of the witnesses, interviewed by the Tribune, said they are upset that neither the government nor the airline is probing the incident.

Whatever the object was, it could have interfered with O'Hare's radar and other equipment, and even created a collision risk, they said.

The Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (the term that extraterrestrial-watchers nowadays prefer over Unidentified Flying Object) was first seen by a United ramp worker who was directing back a United plane at Gate C17, according to an account the worker provided to the National UFO Reporting Center.

The sighting occurred during daylight, about 4:30 p.m., just before sunset.

All the witnesses said the object was dark gray and well defined in the overcast skies. They said the craft, estimated by different accounts to be 6 feet to 24 feet in diameter, did not display any lights.

Some said it looked like a rotating Frisbee, while others said it did not appear to be spinning. All agreed the object made no noise and it was at a fixed position in the sky, just below the 1,900-foot cloud deck, until shooting off into the clouds.

Witnesses shaken by sighting

"I tend to be scientific by nature, and I don't understand why aliens would hover over a busy airport," said a United mechanic who was in the cockpit of a Boeing 777 that he was taxiing to a maintenance hangar when he observed the metallic-looking object above Gate C17.

"But I know that what I saw and what a lot of other people saw stood out very clearly, and it definitely was not an [Earth] aircraft," the mechanic said.

One United employee appeared emotionally shaken by the sighting and "experienced some religious issues" over it, one co-worker said.

A United manager said he ran outside his office in Concourse B after hearing the report about the sighting on an internal airline radio frequency.

"I stood outside in the gate area not knowing what to think, just trying to figure out what it was," he said. "I knew no one would make a false call like that. But if somebody was bouncing a weather balloon or something else over O'Hare, we had to stop it because it was in very close proximity to our flight operations."

Some joke, others research

The databases of various UFO-watching groups are full of accounts filed by pilots about sightings of unknown aircraft and anomalies that affected navigational equipment onboard planes.

Whether any of the UFO incidents are real or merely the result of individual perceptions, some experts say the events pose a potential safety risk to pilots and their passengers.

"There have been documented cases where safety appears to have been implicated, and more and more we are coming to the point of view that we are dealing with an intelligent phenomenon," said Richard Haines, science director at the National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena, a private agency.

"We must be proactive before an aircraft goes down," said Haines, a former chief of the Space Human Factors Office at NASA's Ames Research Center.

Haines is investigating the O'Hare incident. He said he has determined that no weather balloons were launched in the vicinity of O'Hare on Nov. 7.

"It's absurd that the military would be conducting aerial test flights" near the airport, Haines said.

All the witnesses to the O'Hare event, who included at least several pilots, said they are certain based on the disc's appearance and flight characteristics that it was not an airplane, helicopter, weather balloon or any other craft known to man.

United denies UFO report

They're not sure what was hanging out for several minutes in the restricted airspace, but they are upset that no one in power has taken the matter seriously.

A United spokeswoman said there is no record of the UFO report. She said United officials do not recall discussion of any such incident.

"There's nothing in the duty manager log, which is used to report unusual incidents," said United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy. "I checked around. There's no record of anything."

The pilots of the United plane being directed back from Gate C17 also were notified by United personnel of the sighting, and one of the pilots reportedly opened a windscreen in the cockpit to get a better view of the object estimated to be hovering 1,500 feet above the ground.

The object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up through the solid overcast skies, which the FAA reported had 1,900-foot cloud ceilings at the time.

"It was like somebody punched a hole in the sky," said one United employee.

Witnesses said they had a hard time visually tracking the object as it streaked through the dense clouds.

It left behind an open hole of clear air in the cloud layer, the witnesses said, adding that the hole disappeared within a few minutes.

The United employees interviewed by the Tribune spoke on condition of anonymity.

Some said they were interviewed by United officials and instructed to write reports and draw pictures of what they observed, and that they were advised by United officials to refrain from speaking about what they saw.

Federal agency backtracks

Like United, the FAA originally told the Tribune that it had no information on the alleged UFO sighting. But the federal agency quickly reversed its position after the newspaper filed a Freedom of Information Act request.

An internal FAA review of air-traffic communications tapes, a step toward complying with the Tribune request, turned up the call by the United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower, Cory said.

Cory said the weather might have factored into what the witnesses thought they saw.

"Our theory on this is that it was a weather phenomenon," she said. "That night was a perfect atmospheric condition in terms of low [cloud] ceiling and a lot of airport lights. When the lights shine up into the clouds, sometimes you can see funny things. That's our take on it."

marcshoe
01-02-2007, 12:20 AM
As a former United employee, I know exactly what's happening. The next thing to expect is a series of meetings and memos in which the employees are assured that there are no aliens; this is all an ugly rumor. Then, in about six months, a new memo will appear, telling all of United's O'Hare employees that their jobs are being outsourced to Alpha Centurii.

Been there, done that.

Yachtzee
01-02-2007, 01:07 AM
As a former United employee, I know exactly what's happening. The next thing to expect is a series of meetings and memos in which the employees are assured that there are no aliens; this is all an ugly rumor. Then, in about six months, a new memo will appear, telling all of United's O'Hare employees that their jobs are being outsourced to Alpha Centurii.

Been there, done that.

Yeah, I heard Dell is opening a new call center there in the second quarter of 07.