PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Tribe's Pitching?

traderumor
05-10-2006, 04:51 PM
The Royals are rocking the Tribe staff today, losing 10-8, Mota giving up 2 homers in the eighth after the offense just got the game tied at 8-8 after trailing 8-5. As I check the scores regularly, I continue to see high scores from the Cleveland nine. So far, they have reminded me of the 2004-2005 version of the Reds. I know Sabathia's hurt, but what's going on Tribe fans?

LincolnparkRed
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
He's been back for two starts so far.

westofyou
05-10-2006, 05:15 PM
A lot of stuff from the pundits this off season was pointing towards the Tribe having had a mass upswing in pitching that was against the norm of the players involved, thus some felt it was going to be questionable to repeat the quality that they had achieved.

Red Leader
05-10-2006, 05:21 PM
I think using a sample like today's, you can see why some of us weren't so high on those Kearns for Westbrook rumors this past offseason. Dude got schooled by the Royals.

traderumor
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
The loss of Millwood is hurting as he was replaced essentially by Paul Byrd. I think the bullpen has been putrid as well. I don't even think Cliff Lee has shown any consistency.

Falls City Beer
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
The Tribe's in just about the same spot as the Reds this season; great offense, good and bad rotation, and awful bullpen. Losing Millwood-like production is killing them.

On second look, their bullpen is even worse than the Reds. But their rotations are mirror images of one another, or will be in the long run this season: Lee and Sabathia will put up good numbers, but like the Reds, when you get past the #2 spot in the rotation it comes apart at the seams.

It will be fascinating to see if either team makes desperation move to stanch the bleeding in their rotations and bullpen.

traderumor
05-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Danny Graves effect? :evil:

KronoRed
05-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Maybe they can start booing him ;)

Falls City Beer
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
You know, I'm not trying to bring up the Hancock debate again, but does anyone think for a minute that Hancock wouldn't be a much better solution than Williams in the rotation? Sure he'd be 5.00 ERA pitcher as a starter, I'm sure, but that will be much better than Williams.

deltachi8
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Sowers has been pitching very, very well in AAA this far. I would not be suprised to see him in Cleveland soon.

MrCinatit
05-10-2006, 06:56 PM

My thoughts exactly.
"It's easy here - the fans don't care if you win or lose, so you don't even have to try!"

huber14
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
graves gave up the lead last night, he needs to go back to AAA and learn how to pitch and go on a diet while hes down there