PDA

View Full Version : New Pitching...

Hondo
05-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Has there been anything going on as far as Krivisky trying to trade for another Starter???

Is Zito on the Block?

JaredRoberts.com

OnBaseMachine
05-11-2006, 07:41 AM
I remember someone on here saying a couple days ago that they heard the guys on XM radio say that they think the Reds will pursue Barry Zito. I don't see it happening. The Reds won't(and shouldn't) deal away Bailey and/or Bruce for a half year rental of Zito. Now if Billy would deal Zito for a package consisting of Chris Denorfia and Joey Votto - then I do that...and offer Barry a nice LTC, which I doubt he would accept though.

kyle1976
05-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Zito will only be on the block if Oakland is out of it early this year. Most likely he'll end up leaving after the season as a free agent. Even if he becomes available, he'll cost too much for the Reds. I'd like to see D. Willis in a Reds uniform later this summer. Go Wayne!

Hondo
05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Bruce and Bailey are deffinatly safe with Krivisky as GM....Now if it were Dan O'Brein....We might have to worry about a Blockbuster concerning Jay Bruce & Homer Bailey traded to Whoever lands Tony Womack...

Zito will be traded sometime in June cause Beane wants more than a 2 month rental for him. Billy Beane is also not gonna let him walk via Free Agent and get nothing in return...

I'd Like to see the Reds send a couple Lower Lever prospects for him....But I also think that Krivisky would rather take a Salary Dump Pitcher (Past Examples: Hampton, Kile, etc...) rather than trade Bailey, Bruce, or Votto...

Maybe if the Yankees would eat some of Pavano's contract??? Not giving up a Top Prospect because Carl Pavano is damaged goods right now but he will probably get back to form in the NL...

JaredRoberts.com

Puffy
05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Just say no to Zito - What would be best for Zito is to land in Baltimore with Mazzone.