PDA

View Full Version : Video of Bronson Anchoring Sports...

StRedlegs900
05-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Hey all, I don't think anyone has posted this, so I figured I'd throw it out there for anyone who missed it. If it has already been posted, my apologies, and feel free to merge.

Link: http://www.wkrc.com/mediacenter/

There is a menu at the top, and just make sure you go to sports, and it was the first on the list for me. He does a really good job. Enjoy!

TeamBoone
05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Thursday, May 11, 2006

And that's the way it was for Arroyo
Reds pitcher takes turn as sportscaster
BY MIKE DYER | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo gave himself a grade of "B" on his sportscast debut on Channel 12 Wednesday on the 6 p.m. telecast.

Arroyo admitted he had a couple of stutters, but said on the air, "I'll work on it."

At 6:17 p.m., Channel 12 sports anchor Brad Johansen said Arroyo had been getting headlines in The Enquirer and Hamilton News-Journal about his debut.

"I'm a little nervous ... but I am feeling good. I am ready," he told Johansen.

Before he started a few Reds players chimed in, including veteran reliever David Weathers who said Arroyo is so talented "maybe he could do the weather."

Reds announcer Marty Brennaman quipped Arroyo was "prettier" than Johansen.

Arroyo gave a few highlights of the Reds' loss to the Nationals on Tuesday night. He mentioned Wednesday night's starters, giving an accent to the last name of Nationals starter Livan Hernandez.

"I've been given a lot of credit for the team's hot start, but Aaron Harang also deserves credit," Arroyo said. He mentioned Brad would have the highlights of a win at 11 p.m.

Arroyo also gave the commentary on Barry Bonds being robbed of his 714th home run Tuesday night by Cubs center fielder Juan Pierre's grab at the wall.

He mentioned that Bonds hasn't been successful in five at-bats against Arroyo.

As it moved to Bengals highlights, Arroyo passed it off to Johansen, saying football wasn't his sport.

Later, he signed off by saying with the microphone in his left hand, "I'm Bronson Arroyo coming live from Great American Ball Park. Stay classy Cincinnati."

News anchor Kit Andrews said "the girls in the newsroom give him an A."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060511/SPT04/605110378/1071