PDA

View Full Version : Griffey will save the season!

saboforthird
05-11-2006, 10:21 PM
That's the bug I think the Reds have caught, yet once again. That "contract" is still hurting this franchise, IMO. :p:

reds44
05-11-2006, 10:23 PM
You can't be serious.

redsrule2500
05-11-2006, 10:24 PM
I would have to agree. Reds w/out Griffey > Reds w/ Griffey

spaethc
05-11-2006, 10:45 PM
hmmm that funny, I must be seeing things because I could swear that JR just won the game for us tonight. :D

savafan
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Well...;)

KronoRed
05-11-2006, 10:49 PM
He saved tonight ;)

Benny-Distefano
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
oh yeah!!! oh yeah!!!!

Yes!!!!

First the diving catch. Then the game winner.

oh yeah!!! yes!!!!

RedFanAlways1966
05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
The contract helped tonight.

The REDS w/ Griffey > REDS w/out Griffey tonight.

Nice timing guys... :laugh:

saboforthird
05-11-2006, 11:18 PM
I just *knew* there was a thread that I should have deleted before it made it to the server. ;)

Seriously, though, I love Junior. Well, I love just watching baseball, period, and appreciate players that have been around for years and years. Junior did a great thing tonight, but we all know that it won't last forever. He's 36 years old, and putting his cap on backwards ain't fooling anyone. I'd love for Junior to finish his career with 700 HR's, but he has three things going against him:

- he's old
- he's fragile
- he doesn't cheat

What I fear will happen is that the teaml, instead of feeling uplifted by the come-back victory tonight, will begin to rely on the Griffey of old to win games night in and night out. I want Junior to be a part of this great thing the Reds have going, but I am afraid the team won't look at it the same way. :)

savafan
05-11-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd love for Junior to finish his career with 700 HR's, but he has three things going against him:

- he's old
- he's fragile
- he doesn't cheat

I'd say that last one is actually in his favor as for his place in the game's history, but I understand what you mean.

Mario-Rijo
05-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Gotta give Jr. the ManLove tonight. No negative talk about him tonight! :beerme:

big boy
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
The losers on Baseball Tonight seem to think the Yankees are interested in Jr. or Kearns since Matsui is hurt.

KronoRed
05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
The losers on Baseball Tonight seem to think the Yankees are interested in Jr. or Kearns since Matsui is hurt.
Everything revolves around the yanks

savafan
05-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Everything revolves around the yanks

And the Red Sox. The love for those two teams from ESPN isn't even being masked anymore. Anytime the two of them go head to head, it's televised by ESPN. There are 30 teams in MLB, I'd like to get to see each of them at least once (without having to pay more than the $50 a month I spend on cable).

reds44
05-12-2006, 08:40 AM
lol nice call guys

smith288
05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
"Save the season"???

They've been in first place for 2 weeks now...what's to save? Unless Griffey can pitch in the bullpen, I dont think Griffey is saving anything. He will give our lineup a more powerful punch and protect folks but save? Pffffff.

Welcome back Junior! Hope to see this sort of stuff happen only between innings 1-9 though. ;) No more extra innings brought on by horrendous pitching.

Jharb74
05-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Griffey did save the game last night.
But, I can't decide who almost blew the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know it's a team effort.
Was it Weathers? Was it Ross dropping a perfect strike from Kearns? Was it Narron for taking out Arroyo and Coffey? Or was it White?

Doesn't really matter though, thanks to Griffey.

redsmetz
05-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Griffey did save the game last night.
But, I can't decide who almost blew the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah I know it's a team effort.
Was it Weathers? Was it Ross dropping a perfect strike from Kearns? Was it Narron for taking out Arroyo and Coffey? Or was it White?

Doesn't really matter though, thanks to Griffey.

You left out Ryan Freel who should have planted a big old wet one on KGJ for saving his boneheaded baserunning (I know a rarity, but not needed whatsoever there).
:dancingco

saboforthird
05-12-2006, 05:05 PM
I'd say that last one is actually in his favor as for his place in the game's history, but I understand what you mean.

In no way, shape or form am I intended to disparage Junior. I love the guy. Have since his first day as a Mariner. He will always be "The Kid" to me. Having said that, I'm still haunted by the Ghosts Of Stagnant Reds that were here the first couple of years Junior was a Red. Remember all that standing around? I don't know what it is about Junior, but he is in a class by himself and gives me the impression that he separates himself from others (teammates) as such. My biggest fear is that the "team" concept will go down the drain as Junior makes big hit after big hit. :confused:

Jr's Boy
05-12-2006, 05:28 PM
In no way, shape or form am I intended to disparage Junior. I love the guy. Have since his first day as a Mariner. He will always be "The Kid" to me. Having said that, I'm still haunted by the Ghosts Of Stagnant Reds that were here the first couple of years Junior was a Red. Remember all that standing around? I don't know what it is about Junior, but he is in a class by himself and gives me the impression that he separates himself from others (teammates) as such. My biggest fear is that the "team" concept will go down the drain as Junior makes big hit after big hit. :confused:
What do you mean ''team concept''will go down the drain with Jr back?So i guess that means players can't pick up the slack and carry a team then when need be.

paintmered
05-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Post Edited.

Thanks Jr's Boy.

registerthis
05-12-2006, 05:46 PM
My biggest fear is that the "team" concept will go down the drain as Junior makes big hit after big hit. :confused:

Your biggest fear needn't concern you too much. There's no reason to think the Reds will stop hitting with Junior in the lineup, not with mashers like Dunn, Kearns, EE, Lopez et al batting around.

Your biggest fear should be the continuing suckiness of our pitching, Arroyo and Harang notwithstanding. If the Reds biggest *problem* was Junior's return, then I think it's safe to go ahead and write them into the WS right now.