PDA

View Full Version : Roll call

OldRightHander
05-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Ok, was anyone else there tonight besides me? I hardly have a voice right now. I was sitting four rows behind the first base dugout, right where Jr. did his curtain call after the homer. I can't remember the last time I went through such a manic depressive experience at a ball game: elation at the way Bronson was pitching, anger and depression at the bullpen giving up the lead, and flat out unbelievable giddy happiness when Jr. connected. Was I the only redszoner to witness it live? I am so glad I didn't leave early. I have to get up at 6:00 am and I haven't calmed down enough to go to bed yet. I hope this is one of those games that we will look back on later in the season as a spark that started something good. Time will tell.

wheels
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I drank a bloody mary at the bar tonight as something of a rally cap.

My girl thought I was nuts until Junior hit the homer.

I think she's starting to come around a bit.

TeamBoone
05-12-2006, 01:18 AM
ORH, you are a good man for braving the cold and damp. But Wow! Was it ever worth it!

You're description of this game was dead-on. I can understand why you can't sleep. Maybe you should run around the block a couple times every hour and just stay up all night!

OldRightHander
05-12-2006, 01:25 AM
ORH, you are a good man for braving the cold and damp. But Wow! Was it ever worth it!

I was only there to see Bronson pitch. I found myself close to downtown around 6:30 and made a spur of the moment decision to go. I didn't expect to see what I saw in the 11th. He was really sharp tonight and deserved the win. It was an exciting finish, but it's still something of a shame Weathers couldn't nail it down for him.

BuckWoody
05-12-2006, 01:27 AM
I was there right next to you...section 132. Just now getting home and settling in.

I went from despair to elation in the 11th alone. From wanting to send Freel to his room with no dinner for that silly try at a double to going nuts as soon as Junior's ball left the bat. I was there with my dad which made even more special.

What an awesome night. :jump:

OldRightHander
05-12-2006, 01:31 AM
I was there right next to you...section 132. Just now getting home and settling in.

I don't know what section I was sitting in. I paid for a bleacher seat but sat in that section behind the dugout for the entire game. Heck, I might have seen you and not even known it. Zoners just don't stand out in public.

BuckWoody
05-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I don't know what section I was sitting in. I paid for a bleacher seat but sat in that section behind the dugout for the entire game. Heck, I might have seen you and not even known it. Zoners just don't stand out in public.
We are in the first section beyond the end of the dugout. I was the guy in the Reds' hat. ;)

Definitely another sparse crowd. The place cleared out after the top of the 11th like they were handing out twenties in the parking lot.

WVPacman
05-12-2006, 01:39 AM

You might have given each other high fives and did'nt even know you were brothers!! well redzone brothers!!;)

Tommyjohn25
05-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Oh I was there, sec 113, row L, seat 1. See the game thread to learn more about my wonderful evening. ORH you know what I mean.

dougdirt
05-12-2006, 08:49 AM
I was 5 rows up in section 423, right behind home plate. My best friend left the game with his girlfriend in the top of the 9th....I told him he shouldnt ever leave a game early, and now he will never hear the end of it from me.

BuckWoody
05-12-2006, 09:25 AM
I was 5 rows up in section 423, right behind home plate. My best friend left the game with his girlfriend in the top of the 9th....I told him he shouldnt ever leave a game early, and now he will never hear the end of it from me.
Keep it on him! ;)

I learned my stubborn never-leave-until-the-bitter-end attitude from my dad...there was no chance of us leaving early last night.

I don't know about you guys but this morning came awfully early today...it's gonna take me a few extra cups of coffee to get going. :)