PDA

View Full Version : Columbus 'Zoners...Let's get Together.

wheels
05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I know I've met two of you, but I'm not as scary when I'm not all amped up at work.

Let's come up with a date where we can all get together at one of those stupid sports bar type places and watch some baseball.

Whaddaya think?

ochre
05-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm going to be out of town a bit the next few weeks though.

Tools of Ignorance
05-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Let's meet at a sports bar and watch a game. Just let me know the date, and I'll be there.

wheels
05-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, that was my intention.

Maybe sometime in the middle of June?

I'll come up with a plan as soon as I get home from Toledo.

ochre
05-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I'll be out of town in June for the first 2 weeks or so. Go on without me, though, if that timeframe works better for others. I'll catch the next one :)

wheels
05-13-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll be out of town in June for the first 2 weeks or so. Go on without me, though, if that timeframe works better for others. I'll catch the next one :)

No way.

Just let me know when you're back.

REDREAD
05-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I've met wheels, he's really not that scary. Honest :lol:

Count me in wheels.

StillFunkyB
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that was my intention.

Maybe sometime in the middle of June?

I'll come up with a plan as soon as I get home from Toledo.

Toledo, the armpit of Ohio. :evil:

Redsfaithful
05-13-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm up for it.

registerthis
05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Sounds good to me!

D'oh, I don't live there anymore... :(

wheels
05-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Alrighty.

Let's wait for Ochre to get back in town, and it will be on.

We'll probably have to figure out who lives where and come up with a locus somewhat equidistant of the various points if possible.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah.
Why don't you and I combine?
Let's get together, what do you say?
We can have a swinging time.
We'd be a crazy team.
Why don't we make a scene? Together.

oh, oh, oh, oh
Think of all that we could share.
Let's get together, everyday
Every way and everywhere.
And though we haven't got a lot,
We could be sharing all we've got. Together.

Oh! I really think you're swell.
Uh huh! We really ring the bell.
Oo wee! And if you stick with me
Nothing could be greater, say hey alligator.

Two is twice as nice as one.
Let's get together, right away.
We'll be having twice the fun.
And you can always count on me.
A gruesome twosome we will be.
Together, yeah yeah yeah.

scounts22
05-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I might join you as well.

KittyDuran
05-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Can a "southerner" join as well? - I might venture up that way (Hey, what's a 100 miles anyway? ;) )

wheels
05-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not trying to confine it just to columbusites.

If you wanna make the trip, feel free.

redsfan1966
05-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I am a relative newbie to this board...so my opinion doesnt mean much...but how about getting together at Cooper Stadium the next time the Louisville Bats (Reds AAA affiliate, of course) come to play the Clippers? Nothing like baseball live...

Larkin411
05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm up for it! I've always wanted to go to a sports bar to watch a game and hang out. My friends aren't really into sports and I'm not mean enough to make them do more than a few Clippers games here and there.

Oh, I just read the last post and that would be fun too. We could always do both:) .

redsfan1966
05-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Just in case....the Louisville Bats visit Cooper Stadium June 30th - July 3rd and August 23rd and 24th...and if it matters...Friday June 30th (7:25pm), Sunday July 2nd (1:05pm) or Wednesday August 23rd (7:05pm) work best for me...and even though it is late in the season..August 23rd may be best overall since it doesnt conflict with the "Battle of Ohio" against the Tribe...

wheels
05-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Not a bad idea at all.

redsfan1966
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Cool....I say lets try to get a consensus on a date and take it from there....

Larkin411
05-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Well after ochre gets back, we've got the White Sox (although I'm thinking about driving down for one of those games, Reds at home), Mets(away games), the Indians(away games), and lastly in June the Royals(home). Any preferences? Although I suppose it's more a matter of what day would be good for everyone.

redsfan1966
05-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm going to throw my vote in for either the sunday july 2nd game...or, even though it is late in the season...the wednesday august 23rd game

Larkin411
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM
So any updates?

redsfan1966
06-03-2006, 10:36 PM
No updates yet...i stated my preferences earlier.....i would like to make it work, possibly get a C-Bus Redszoners mention on the Cooper Stadium board...

MartyFan
06-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Let me know...this sounds like fun.

redsfan1966
06-03-2006, 11:58 PM
I say all of us Columbus Redszoners meet at Gate 1 at Cooper Stadium on Sunday July 2nd at 1pm and buy box seats behind the 3rd base dugout---which will be the one that has the Louisville Bats team inside it....whoever is interested say so on this thread and then we can figure out some way to identify each other on Game Day...

Just my idea....

wheels
06-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I dunno.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a casual, bar type get together.

The game idea sounds great, but I'd like something a little more casual since it would be the first time most of us would be meeting each other.

I'd just like to find a nice place to plop down, swill whatever you please, eat some wings or something, and watch a Reds game on television.

If most people want to go to the Coop, I'll be okay with it, so maybe we should vote.

I'll vote bar, of course, but I'll be happy with whatever the masses desire.

wheels
06-05-2006, 12:44 AM
I think it would be fun to watch one of the Indians/Reds matchups, btw.

I know of a place called The Rose and Thistle. They have a big screen television, and lots of room to spread out....Plus a great selection of Irish Pub type food, and lots of great beer on tap. They always have Reds games on, and they'd gladly switch to it if they didn't.

REDREAD
06-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I'll vote bar, of course, but I'll be happy with whatever the masses desire.

I vote sports bar as well. It's a lot more conducive to meeting and getting to know people. A ball game isn't as social.. particularly because I'd probably end up bringing my family, as I couldn't tell my kids I was going to a game without them. So, I'd be tied up with the little Redreads during a game.

Larkin411
06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
So is anyone interested in going to the Rose and Thistle for one of upcoming games against the Indians(Friday-Sunday)?

I might have some comfest stuff to go see but I would definitely maybe go to some kind of Reds event. I barely watch the Reds these days because of our cat(she lives where the cable tv also lives) so it would be great just to get some non-allergen viewing time in. I'm also interested in going to see the Clippers. I'm sure I'll be there anyway:) .

nineworldseries
06-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I think it would be fun to watch one of the Indians/Reds matchups, btw.

I know of a place called The Rose and Thistle. They have a big screen television, and lots of room to spread out....Plus a great selection of Irish Pub type food, and lots of great beer on tap. They always have Reds games on, and they'd gladly switch to it if they didn't.

This is a great bar.. if it's the one I'm thinking of on Chambers that is like in the basement of an apartment building... good little secluded spot.

I grew up in Columbus but unfortunately I'll be here watching the Redlegs and the Tribe hopefully! :D

wheels
06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I forgot about comfest.........I have to MC this thing that's going on after on friday and saturday.

Sunday, I'll be at the game, so that's off.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd like to get as many people together as possible.

Redsfaithful
06-22-2006, 05:05 AM
Hey I'll be at Comfest Saturday. Wheels what are you MC'ing? I'll also be at the game on Sunday, in the bleachers. PM me, we should get together.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Well im in for the Clippers game Vs. The Bats, cause im underage, lol, and cant go into a bar...lol, but dont let me ruin your plans, it will be fine no matter what

Redsfaithful
06-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Hey I'll be at Comfest Saturday. Wheels what are you MC'ing? I'll also be at the game on Sunday, in the bleachers. PM me, we should get together.

And yeah I'm an idiot. The back to back Indians weekends are confusing me, so it's next Sunday's game that I'll be attending.

Also um Wheels, are you Steven Slaybaugh? I ask because he talks about going to the Reds-Indians game on Sunday here:

http://www.wecolumbus.com/blog/2006/06/to_comfest_or_not_to_comfest.php#more

And I thought I remembered you saying that you did some local music writing. So just curious.

wheels
06-23-2006, 08:15 AM
And yeah I'm an idiot. The back to back Indians weekends are confusing me, so it's next Sunday's game that I'll be attending.

Also um Wheels, are you Steven Slaybaugh? I ask because he talks about going to the Reds-Indians game on Sunday here:

http://www.wecolumbus.com/blog/2006/06/to_comfest_or_not_to_comfest.php#more

And I thought I remembered you saying that you did some local music writing. So just curious.

Hah!

No, but he's one of my really good friends.

I didn't know he was gonna be at that game. It's a small Columbus we live in.

I have some very funny stories about Mr. Slaybaugh if you wanna hear 'em.

Now the MC thing is off for now.....I chickened out, sorta. I don't really like any of the bands that are going to be playing, but the girl running the thing thought it would be funny to throw some beers down my throat and put me up on stage to say stuff about them. I just decided I couldn't do it if my heart wasn't really in it.

Larkin411
06-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Hmm so....Well I'll be at the Clippers game Sunday so if anyone wants to meet up that is cool.

As to seeing a game at the bar, I'm up for whatever. Any suggestion for the day?

redsfan1966
06-23-2006, 04:04 PM
It seems that a few of you (Larkin 411; Sean Casey Rules) are definitely going to the Sunday 7/2 Clippers vs Bats game....so if any of you want to meet up beforehand...I'm willing to pick a time (say 12:30pm) at a place (say Gate 1 at the "Coop")...so if anyone wants; just type a reply---another reason would be so we could buy adjoining seats (preferably in the box seats)

Thanks

By the way, I am also open to the sports bar idea whenever a date can be decided on---have to see if it fits the old work schedule....

wheels
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
How about the All Star Game?

Sean_CaseyRules
06-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Redsfan, that sounds great to me man! Ill definatly be there for that game, i love going to the reds game! I hope that more people can make it

Larkin411
06-25-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll try to get there although I've got something before the game that may run long.

However, if I get done in time I will meet everyone by gate 1 at 12:30pm.

The all-star game would be fun too.

Larkin411
06-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah I'm almost definitely going to be late. But don't wait to get tickets. I'll try and find you guys to say hi even if we don't sit together.

You can recognize me cause I'm wearing brown shorts, a reds hat(black), and I have chipped nail polish right now:) . Oh and also from that last statement you can probably figure out I'm a girl so I'll be easy to spot as there aren't that many females by themselves at Clippers games as far as I know.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah I'm almost definitely going to be late. But don't wait to get tickets. I'll try and find you guys to say hi even if we don't sit together.

You can recognize me cause I'm wearing brown shorts, a reds hat(black), and I have chipped nail polish right now:) . Oh and also from that last statement you can probably figure out I'm a girl so I'll be easy to spot as there aren't that many females by themselves at Clippers games as far as I know.

Why don't we buy your ticket before you get there? And you call one of our cell phones when you get there so we can all sit together, and then you just pay whoever bought your ticket when you get ther?? That's whatour high school baseball team did when we all went to the Reds game when a couple of us were running late.

Larkin411
06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Oops, I'm dumb. I got the dates mixed-up and thought it was this Sunday. I should be able to get there on time, no worries.

redsfan1966
06-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I say we just go ahead and meet at 12:30 pm at Gate 1....and if you want to give specs about what we look like or whatever to identify each other, just post...I will wear my Great American Ball Park hat with Reds polo shirt and khaki shorts, ugh i feel like I'm giving a fashion report....unfortunately being middle aged, fat and balding, many have said I look like Danny DeVito....I may also be with my wife and/or best buddy, who unfortunately is a Tiger fan...so if I havent scared any of you off....see ya Sunday!

Sean_CaseyRules
06-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Im 6'3", and lets just say, "Lineman built" lol. I'll have my Kearns Jersey on, blue jeans, and probally my "good luck charm" John Deere hat, lol, so you really can't miss me. And I may also have my Uncle, and/or a really good friend of mine, which unfortuneatly also is a Tigers fan also..... But I definatly try and be there sunday! Ill also be at the friday Reds game if anyone else will be there.

Larkin411
07-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Okay see you all at 12:30! I assume that I have the right day this time. No idea what I'm going to wear, btw...whatever is clean:). I think I'll be able to spot all of you regardless.

HumnHilghtFreel
07-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Bah, I wish I saw this, or started posting on this forum rather, sooner, lol. I'm underage too, so the bar wouldn't work for me, but maybe the another Clips game meeting sometime?

Larkin411
07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Shinola, I got called in late to this volunteer gig I do sometimes and now I can't go...Oh well, maybe I'll get to tomorrow's game.

redsfan1966
07-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear you got called in to your "volunteer" gig Larkin 411, and I guess SeanCaseyRules was unable to make it as well....I was at gate 1 beginning at 12:25pm and waited for about a half an hour before giving up since I didnt see anyone who resembled either one of you looking around the crowd....oh well, I can not make Monday nites game--I will be downtown for Red White and Doom...so I guess I'll just see if any one else has any ideas for a get-together at a later date...the sports bar idea keeps coming up...

By the way, if you didnt know already...Louisville lost to the Clippers 6-5 in 11 innings...but EE looked good in the field (3rd base) and at the plate...Ray Olmedo looked good too....

wheels
07-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Let's do the All Star Game.

The Rose and Thistle closed it's doors for good on Friday, sadly, but I know of another great place on King Avenue that's got something like 20 televisions and it never seems all that busy. It's called King Avenue 5.

That's my suggestion for the place, mainly because of it's size, but any other suggestions would be great.

Sean_CaseyRules
07-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm soooo sorry, but i woke up at about 5 AM throwing up man, but I was feeling better about 10-1030, but since im only 16, my mom said it wouldn't be a good idea to drive all the way there and get sick or something...im really sorry....but I promise that if there is another gathering that would allow underages to participate, lol, I will try and be there, and if i have plans already scheduled, I will cancel them to be with my fellow Zoners! lol

GAC
07-03-2006, 06:39 AM
Hey! I just live down the road (US33) in Bellfontaine. I use to live in Columbus many, many years ago.

I'd be game for a Saturday get-together. ;)

Larkin411
07-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh that's too bad about the Rose and Thistle but the other bar sounds nice too. I'm up for whatever so I guess I'll just watch the board and see if anything gets agreed upon.

goreds2
07-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I am new here but how about a BW3 location?

http://buffalo.know-where.com/buffalowildwings/cgi/selection?mapid=US&lang=en&design=default&place=columbus%2C+ohio

REDREAD
07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
So, have we picked a date? :lol:

ochre
07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I think it's tomorrow.

wheels
07-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Yes, folks.

Tomorrow.

It's at the 5 on King Restaurant and Sports Lounge, located at 945 King Avenue.

I'm planning on getting there around seven, so please join me.

If you want better directions, pm me and I'll give you my phone number.

wheels
07-10-2006, 07:52 PM
So, have we picked a date? :lol:

Think you can make it?

REDREAD
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Think you can make it?

sorry, I didn't see the response until this morning. :( I'll make the next one.

wheels
07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll be okay either way, but I'm wondering if anyone's gonna be there.

ochre
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
I'll stop by. Not sure how long I'll be able to stay though.

REDREAD
07-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Wait.. is it TONIGHT, as in July 11? I can come..
I misunderstood, I thought it was yesterday.. can someone verify

ochre
07-11-2006, 06:17 PM
tonight. I'll probably be late, if I can make it at all. Stupid, slow government contractors are taking forever on installing some gear that should have taken an hour or two at most.

REDREAD
07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
what time?

ochre
07-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I think wheels said he'd be there around 7

pedro
I'd be there if I wasn't playing softball

in Oregon.

REDREAD
ok.. I'll make it.. it might not be until around 8.. when are you coming ochre?

REDREAD
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll wear a Reds hat.. If I can find my old white/red striped candy cane one, I'll wear that so I stick out.. LOL.

ochre
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
ok.. I'll make it.. it might not be until around 8.. when are you coming ochre?
depends on when these dudes get done. I was hoping to leave here in about 20-30 minutes, but I think they're going to be an hour, or two more.

REDREAD
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
ok, hope to see you there ochre.

wheels
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Okay...REDREAD's here, so is 1966.

It's fun as all get out, and it's a restaurant, so if you're under 21 it's okay.

Get your butts down here, and watch me get really drunk 'cause it's only three minutes away from my house.

Dad gummitttt!!!

ochre
07-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm about done here. Hopefully I'll be leaving in 15-20 minutes.

Larkin411
07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I just got outta class and am beat. Sounds fun but I think I might have to sit this one out.

goreds2
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay...REDREAD's here, so is 1966.

Get your butts down here, and watch me get really drunk 'cause it's only three minutes away from my house.Dad gummitttt!!!

If you can't walk, you better take a cab home. Have fun.

:beerme:

It is cool seeing Narron coaching 3rd.

REDREAD
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Whoever couldn't make it, you missed out of a good time, be sure to come to the next one. Ochre and Tom Lawless showed up later. It was a good time. :lol:

KittyDuran
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
OK...do you have pictures? :devil:

ochre
07-12-2006, 09:57 AM
OK...do you have pictures? :devil:
wheels has a picture of his girlfriend he'll show you.

:)

REDREAD
07-12-2006, 11:17 AM
wheels has a picture of his girlfriend he'll show you.

:)

:laugh:

He was pretty convincing about that imaginary girlfriend, he even pretended to talk to her on his cell. :laugh:

Sean_CaseyRules
07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Man, if I would've got on last night and saw taht it was ok for under 21 I would've been there, but the house where I was stayin in Hilliard didn't have their internet working....

wheels
07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm really.....

Hung Over.

I really had a tough time waking up at 6:30 this morning.

pedro
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm really.....

Hung Over.

How many beers did you have before TomLawlessFan showed up?

REDREAD
07-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm really.....

Hung Over.

yeah, I was a little later than I planned for work this morning as well. One advantage of not being the boss, like you are.

ochre
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
How many beers did you have before TomLawlessFan showed up?
I got there around 10pm. They were both going strong by then...

redsfan1966
07-12-2006, 03:50 PM
It was a blast watching the all-star game at the King on 5 Tuesday nite with Wheels, REDREAD, Ochre and Tom Lawless Fan....thanks for the hospitality Wheels...

Moonlite Graham
07-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll be in Columbus all of next week on business, if there is any get together for a game in the Mets series, Id definitely be up for it.

Moon.