PDA

View Full Version : Who had the better home run call?

Redlegs23
05-12-2006, 10:17 AM
The hall of famer Marty Brenneman or the collaboration of Redszone posters?

I was just reading through last night's game thread starting at Griffey's homer on page 52, and I love seeing everyone's giddy reactions. Pettitt33 had a great call being the first poster with "That's all she wrote baby!!!" Heath had a nice post with "No freaking way" and Matt700WLW about soiled himself last night. If you don't smile while reading those posts starting on page 52 something's wrong with you. I was at the game last night, and as awesome as it was I couldn't wait to get home to see what you all had to say about it. What a great night.

redsfan30
05-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Marty's call gave me chills.

Joseph
05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
I was at the game last night, and as awesome as it was I couldn't wait to get home to see what you all had to say about it. What a great night.

You bring up an interesting topic. I've been at a game and actually said to myself 'I bet the Redszone is going to love that.' Sometimes literally, sometimes sarcastically.

Moonlite Graham
05-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Is there an audio link to hear Marty's call.

RedsBaron
05-12-2006, 11:12 AM
The hall of famer Marty Brenneman or the collaboration of Redszone posters?

I was just reading through last night's game thread starting at Griffey's homer on page 52, and I love seeing everyone's giddy reactions. Pettitt33 had a great call being the first poster with "That's all she wrote baby!!!" Heath had a nice post with "No freaking way" and Matt700WLW about soiled himself last night. If you don't smile while reading those posts starting on page 52 something's wrong with you. I was at the game last night, and as awesome as it was I couldn't wait to get home to see what you all had to say about it. What a great night.
I was a bit under the weather last night and ignored the game. As soon as I saw on ESPN Sportscenter this morning Junior's HR, I immediately went to RedsZone and read the game thread--it was a fun read. I rarely post on the game threads, but I am a regular reader.

Jr's Boy
05-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Is there an audio link to hear Marty's call.

I hope so.

IowaRed
You can hear it at MLB.com now
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1449282&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

flyer85
Marty has always been excellent at conveying the emotion of the moment.

BuckeyeRedleg
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1449422&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

Just click (under audio), "Griffey crushes game winner".

BuckeyeRedleg
05-12-2006, 11:15 AM
I have listened to Marty's call and Ryan's song about 10 times each this morning.

I have perma-chills.

http://www.ryanparkersongs.com/thiso...stothereds.mp3

redsmetz
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
You can hear it at MLB.com now
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20060511&content_id=1449282&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Thanks, I'm going to send that to my daughter in DC (a Reds fan!)

Here's the transcript I took down:

One strike to the waiting Griffey

Dramatically, voice raising: And a high drive....Center Field....It might be enough...

THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE REDS!

Gainesville Red
05-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Neither. The best homerun call of the night was George Grande on Adam Dunn's homerun.

What?

He flew out to the warning track?

Oh, sorry.

registerthis
05-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Marty's HR calls are among the best in the business.

Wow, I didn't hear it last night, but it's great to hear it now.

IowaRed
05-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I always really liked listening to Marty when I was growing up and could get WLW tuned in. I don't listen to him anymore for reasons that have been well documented. This call reminds me of why I liked him, I also have his call of Randa's opening day walkoff HR from last year on my computer at home, which I listen to occasionally

HotCorner
05-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Marty's call gave me chills.

Ditto.

smith288
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Neither. The best homerun call of the night was George Grande on Adam Dunn's homerun.

What?

He flew out to the warning track?

Oh, sorry.
I think the proper quote is:

He swings and (excitement in voice indicates montrous hit) does it have enough???

As Guillen positions himself approx 25 yard FROM the warning track.

Heath
05-12-2006, 01:04 PM
The best part of the deal was the radio was a little ahead of the TV. I heard a "crack" clear as day in the radio when Griffey connected. Marty did great. Fantastic call.

klw
05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Just think what Marty could do if he had emoticons.
:mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner::mooner::mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme: :beerme:

BigREDSfaninKY
05-12-2006, 02:37 PM
The best was Marty calling the home run and Joe in the background yelling, "get outta here"

KronoRed
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Grande :p:

BenHayes
05-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Think about it: Johnny Bench's dramatic home runs in the 70's , Tony Perez comming through in the 75 WS,Tony again for his last home run as a red, Marty calling Pete's triple in his first ab when he came back, Eric the red comming back and doing a good job for one more go round,and now Junior,s walk-off last night .....even thru the bad times with Dick Wagner and Dan O'Brien... hell i love the reds

ThatPitchIsDunn
05-12-2006, 03:55 PM
I've been a HUGE Marty fan for as long as I can remember; falling asleep as a kid on a muggy summer night in Central Ohio while listening to him and Joe paint the picture in my mind. As great as his call was, I loved Grande's call. I really thought he was going to lose his voice; there was such jubilation in it which I don't always hear from Georgey-boy. I usually hate a complete homer broadcaster, but in this case, I loved it.

I must have grinned a hundred times last night watching Griff dog on SC, BBTN and any other sports recap. What a great win.

alexad
05-13-2006, 03:06 PM
The best was Marty calling the home run and Joe in the background yelling, "get outta here"

That is how I remember the calls.