PDA

View Full Version : Is this pic of a sign against Barry Bonds real???

redsrule2500
05-12-2006, 11:02 AM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/pic3428.jpg

Hilarious. If it's real that's amazing :thumbup:

vaticanplum
05-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Yes, it is real, I think it was in Philadelphia. The full sign referenced Hank Aaron as well.

redsrule2500
05-12-2006, 11:05 AM
That is AMAZING!! lol!

vaticanplum
05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Don't know if I agree with it, but I respect the efforts it must have taken them...

registerthis
05-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Don't know if I agree with it, but I respect the efforts it must have taken them...

Personally, I don't think the words "Hank Aaron" and "Barry Bonds" should even be mentioned in the same sentence, for a number of reasons.

And as for Ruth, I hope Barry is stuck on 713 for eternity...

max venable
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
:beerme:

RedsBaron
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
The sign is shown on pages 40-41 of the 5/15/06 issue of Sports Illustrated-it was a game in Philadelphia. Other signs included one stating: "Game ticket $45 Steroids $5000 Bonds never winning the World Series PRICELESS"; one stating "715*", one referring to Bonds as "Juicy Juice," and one listing the top four all time HR hitters, with "*Asterisk" being listed in third place.
By the way, page 42 of the same issue rates the Reds chances of continuing to stay in the race as "minimal," citing the Reds pitching.

savafan
05-12-2006, 01:11 PM

I'd love to see that, but short of the "Best Interest of Baseball" clause being used, a perjury charge or walking him every time he comes to the plate, I think it is inevitable that he will keep going.

registerthis
05-12-2006, 02:18 PM
walking him every time he comes to the plate,

That'd be my strategy. Don't give him the satisfaction.

KronoRed
05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
I have a new found fondness of Philly fans..well till tonight anyway

max venable
05-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Here's the thing about Bonds...from my experience, guys like him are always the "victims" in their own eyes.

"Nobody understands me." "It's a racial thing." "I get no respect." (see Maurice Clarrett.

Drives me crazy.

The thing I want to see Barry Bonds do is be a stand-up guy and admit that he made mistakes and that he's sorry and if he had it to do over again, he would do things differently. But I know he would never do that...he sees himself as a victim. Guys like that have twisted thinking. It's sad.

Too bad because he was a very special talent...even without the juice.

Falls City Beer
05-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I have a new found fondness of Philly fans..well till tonight anyway

I've lived in Philadelphia since 1999. I've been to one Phillies game. It'll be my last.

KronoRed
05-12-2006, 07:13 PM
How bad could it have been? you're still alive right? :D

TeamBoone
05-13-2006, 01:12 AM
The sign is shown on pages 40-41 of the 5/15/06 issue of Sports Illustrated-it was a game in Philadelphia. Other signs included one stating: "Game ticket $45 Steroids $5000 Bonds never winning the World Series PRICELESS"; one stating "715*", one referring to Bonds as "Juicy Juice," and one listing the top four all time HR hitters, with "*Asterisk" being listed in third place.
By the way, page 42 of the same issue rates the Reds chances of continuing to stay in the race as "minimal," citing the Reds pitching.

Were the Giants playing the Phillies at the time all these signs popped up?

RedsBaron
05-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Yep.

TeamBoone
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Yep.

Ouch! Gutsy fans.

vaticanplum
05-13-2006, 06:24 PM

I think that's actually Barry in the picture, on the right-hand side.

GAC
05-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Here's the thing about Bonds...from my experience, guys like him are always the "victims" in their own eyes.

"Nobody understands me." "It's a racial thing." "I get no respect." (see Maurice Clarrett.

Drives me crazy.

The thing I want to see Barry Bonds do is be a stand-up guy and admit that he made mistakes and that he's sorry and if he had it to do over again, he would do things differently. But I know he would never do that...he sees himself as a victim. Guys like that have twisted thinking. It's sad.

Too bad because he was a very special talent...even without the juice.

Yep. But pride goeth before a fall. He would have been a HOFer based on his talent if he had never juiced. I believe that.

It just wasn't good enough for him. He felt he deserved more.

The "race" accusations was a dodge/diversionary tactic by Bonds.

I don't feel sorry for the guy one bit.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I think that's actually Barry in the picture, on the right-hand side.
Makes it even better:D

WebScorpion
05-20-2006, 02:14 AM
That'd be my strategy. Don't give him the satisfaction.
Not only would I walk him every time, but I'd plunk him at least once. Wasn't it an Asto pitcher who got sent out for plunking him. His location was off so he threw behind him once, got close, and then plunked him with the third shot. Now THAT is Priceless!
:beerme: