PDA

View Full Version : Please learn how to use the code tags.

pedro
05-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I've noticed that a lot of folks here want to post stats, particularily about a certain player. I've also notice that a lot of folks don't know how to use the "code" tags which makes a lot of their posts even more unintelligable than they are.

So, here is how you do it. If you want to post stats that you pasted from somewhere else please wrap the stats in these tags

{code}
stats here

{/code}

Note: when you use the code tags don't use the { } that I have put around them, use the [ ]. I only did that so they would show up in this post.

redsmetz
05-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I've noticed that a lot of folks here want to post stats, particularily about a certain player. I've also notice that a lot of folks don't know how to use the "code" tags which makes a lot of their posts even more unintelligable than they are.

So, here is how you do it. If you want to post stats that you pasted from somewhere else please wrap the stats in these tags

{code}
stats here

{/code}

Note: when you use the code tags don't use the { } that I have put around them, use the [ ]. I only did that so they would show up in this post.

Thanks, I've wondered about that. Is there a way for me to save this somewhere?

pedro
05-14-2006, 02:15 PM

you could send yourself a personal message I think.

Cyclone792
05-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Easiest way is use Notepad.

Type/paste the stats exactly in Notepad exactly how you want it to appear in the post. Throw the code tags around the stats, then copy/paste into the post. Hit preview post and everything should look nice and pretty, then fire it off to the board.

ochre
it's the http://www.redszone.com/forums/skins/RedsZone/editor/code.gificon on the normal reply window too. The http://www.redszone.com/forums/skins/RedsZone/editor/php.gificon will work as well I think.

ochre
put statistics here.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Bump for public consumption

Chip R
05-14-2006, 04:59 PM
You can subscribe to this thread.