PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Cut/Don't you think its time to clear out the old?? White, Hammond, McCracken

djsauter
05-14-2006, 04:50 PM
McCracken--- Why is he on this team? Name me one good thing he has done. He refuses to slide, he swings at the first pitch every time, even when its the 12th inning or hes batting 1st, and he can't catch a ball.

Hammond, White, Weathers--- They all suck. They need to go retire, give up baseball. White and Weathers, it looks like they have a heart attack after they go from the bullpen to the mound. It looks like Weathers is about to keel over, he always is panting and sweating.. What a joke.

This bullpen sucks. The only good person is Coffey.

Joseph
05-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey, the doors over there if you aren't a fan anymore.

Bobcat J
05-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Wow. What a really insightful post.

Marc D
05-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm praying that when Milton and Ross come off the DL they say goodbye to White and McCracken. It just doesn't make sense that they would do anything else.

Wheelhouse
05-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey, the doors over there if you aren't a fan anymore.

Uh, oh-- the old "door" reference when someone is upset with the team's performance. He didn't say he's not a fan. Just calling for action.

flyer85
05-14-2006, 06:01 PM
There are a lot of candidates to be removed from the team.

captainmorgan07
05-14-2006, 06:12 PM
djsauter yes they have there terrible moments but lets not jump off the ship yet teams go threw these stretches it's how the reds respond to it

NastyBoy
05-14-2006, 06:19 PM
McCracken--- Why is he on this team? Name me one good thing he has done. He refuses to slide, he swings at the first pitch every time, even when its the 12th inning or hes batting 1st, and he can't catch a ball.

Hammond, White, Weathers--- They all suck. They need to go retire, give up baseball. White and Weathers, it looks like they have a heart attack after they go from the bullpen to the mound. It looks like Weathers is about to keel over, he always is panting and sweating.. What a joke.

This bullpen sucks. The only good person is Coffey.

He sucks less than Tony Womack?:confused:

GOREDSGO32
05-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I think its time .. McCracken is batting like .200 .. White and Hammond completely suck and have not been able to keep games even their past two outings ... jeez. Time for Krivsky to DFA these guys and see what we can get out of guys like Hall, Burns, Michalak (he's not young but he deserves it), and Denoforia in the OF for McCracken.

captainmorgan07
05-14-2006, 06:41 PM
i agree get rid of quentin but wait till freel is healthy stupid to have deno up here sitting the bench white and hammond are about on the end of there leashes with me also hall prolly deserves his shot same with michalak

flyer85
05-14-2006, 06:48 PM
The answer is yes but you have to have something to replace them with and decide who that is.

KronoRed
05-14-2006, 06:49 PM
The answer is yes but you have to have something to replace them with and decide who that is.
I hear replacement player is available.

GOREDSGO32
05-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Lets use 8 players and use a ghost player ;)

Aronchis
05-14-2006, 06:57 PM
I would bring up Deno(all teams need depth, with Griffey's injury history, that may lead to playing time, stop worrying about his playing time on the level) Shafer(my gamble selection, if he isn't ready, Merker can replace him), another lefty(Hammond is finished).

Getting rid of White and Hammond are another 1.5 mill in sunk costs(along with Womacks mill 2.5 million already, Cast must be cracking up, ahahahahah;)

flyer85
05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
This teams main problem is a totally inadequate bullpen. You can see that Narron only trusts two pitchers, Coffey and Weathers. After that any selection is nothing but a roll of the dice.

TeamBoone
05-14-2006, 07:04 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46128

GOREDSGO32
05-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Getting rid of White and Hammond are another 1.5 mill in sunk costs(along with Womacks mill 2.5 million already, Cast must be cracking up, ahahahahah;)

The Yankees paid a good amount of Womack's salary, and its a bad idea tto start thinking in terms of 'well we paid for them, we cant just drop them' philosophy. No matter what was paid for them, its DONE, its over with. Keeping them on the team because of not wanting to pay for nothing is much worse than letting them go because they are hurting the team. If you buy something to you put in your home, but it turns out you were ripepd off and that item is stinking up your house or catching it on fire do you say 'oh we already paid for it, im not getting rid of it!'.

These guys need to go, they are terrible.

Nugget
05-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure MLB has policy about cutting players (ie. the salary and its effect on the share of revenue sharing). Short term solutions are fine for appeasing some people but it affects other parts of the club.

RedsBaron
05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
This teams main problem is a totally inadequate bullpen. You can see that Narron only trusts two pitchers, Coffey and Weathers.
Narron is not the only one.

edabbs44
05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I think the absolute lack of BP depth was to blame today...if we had a legitimate lefty in the BP then Claussen would have been pulled as Howard came to the plate. One run lead and their biggest long ball threat. The sad thing is Narron made the correct move, since Claussen was a better choice to get Howard out than any lefty in the pen.

We need BP help!

I am still awestruck that Burns was recalled today. Maybe they figured out in AAA that he is actually a lefty.

flyer85
05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Claussen had been in complete command. His inability to command his slider(he left it belt high in the middle of the plate) cost him, until he learns to command that pitch he will be marginal. Howard would have chased a one down and away if he could have gotten it there.

BTW, Howard had looked awful against Williams on Saturday night. Although the only potential LOOGY the Reds have is Shack, certainly not Hammonds. Hammonds change makes him more effective against righties.

edabbs44
05-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Claussen had been in complete command. His inability to command his slider(he left it belt high in the middle of the plate) cost him, until he learns to command that pitch he will be marginal. Howard would have chased a one down and away if he could have gotten it there.

BTW, Howard had looked awful against Williams on Saturday night. Although the only potential LOOGY the Reds have is Shack, certainly not Hammonds. Hammonds change makes him more effective against righties.

I think the BP is the culprit here...we are allowing our SPs to go as long as they can until they get hurt. That cost us the game today. If we had a solid lefty coming out of the BP, I would guarantee that Claussen would have been getting a standing O before Howard got up.

Marc D
05-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Put contracts/DL status aside and look at VORP. It helps shed light on who should stay and who should go.

Starters
Arroyo:23.0
Harang:8.9
Claussen:.02
Ramirez:.01
Milton:-2.0
Williams:-3.6

Pen
Coffey:11.2
Weathers:3.7
Mercker:2.0
Belisle:0.0 (the Bluto)
Shackelford:-.06
Gosling:-1.1
Burns:-1.5
Hammond:-2.5
White:-3.4

Bench
Aurilia:5.5
Denorfia:2.4
Olmedo:0.4
Freel:0.0 (another Bluto)
McCracken:-0.4
I didn't include Cody Ross or any of the catchers.

So just by VORP its easy to see the reds are a better team if we get rid of Williams, White, Hammonds and McCracken. Milton can replace Williams, Denorfia or C Ross replace McCracken and any 2 minor leaguers with a pulse replace White and Hammond.

griffeyfreak4
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
uhhh.....VORP?

Marc D
05-14-2006, 08:55 PM
uhhh.....VORP?

Value Over Replacement Player. The number of runs contributed beyond what a replacement-level player at the same position would contribute if given the same percentage of team plate appearances. VORP scores do not consider the quality of a player's defense.

griffeyfreak4
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks! :thumbup: