PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Things looking better: Pirates next!! / Thank God We Play The Pirates



joshnky
05-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Just thought I'd point out a positive since we're all down about being swept by the Phillies. Three games in Pittsburgh should help our offense with their marginal-at-best pitching. Also, seeing how they made Brian Moehler look like an all-star today (and help end his 22 game losing streak) I think Harang and Arroyo should be nearly unhittable for this club. Get a sweep there and we're back on track for Detroit. I love that they're in our division!

indyred
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I agree. Should win atleast 2 in PNC....Detroit is so hot right now, they are due to cool down by the end of the week....I hope.

captainmorgan07
05-14-2006, 11:19 PM
if i were the reds i would go for the sweep there pitching is horrible right now perez is beside himself he's screwing with his mechanics santos got drilled by the fish we've beaten maholm before and there offense isn't exactly clicking either dunn in left in pnc is alil scary alot of ground to cover

CTA513
05-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Every pitcher the Reds are supposed to face have an ERA over 5.00 and 2 out of the 3 Pirates pitchers have been walking alot of guys.

Aaron Harang, RHP (5-1, 4.02) vs. Paul Maholm, LHP (1-4, 5.03)
Harang: 53.2 IP, 54 Hits, 8 HR, 12 BB, 50 K
Maholm: 39.1 IP, 52 Hits, 5 HR, 21 BB, 18 K

Bronson Arroyo, RHP (5-1, 2.03) vs. Oliver Perez, LHP (1-5, 7.71)
Arroyo: 57.2 IP, 46 Hits, 6 HR, 12 BB, 43 K
Perez: 32.2 IP, 42 Hits, 9 HR, 27 BB, 26 K

Elizardo Ramirez, RHP (1-3, 3.13) vs. Victor Santos, RHP (1-4, 5.32)
Ramirez: 23 IP, 24 Hits, 3 HR, 8 BB, 18 K
Santos: 44 IP, 52 Hits, 4 HR, 14 BB, 27 K

Jr's Boy
05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Freakin Moehler looked like Cy Young against the Buccos!

OnBaseMachine
05-14-2006, 11:46 PM
With Harang, Arroyo, and Ramirez pitching, anything less than a sweep of the Pirates would be a disappointment.

CTA513
05-15-2006, 12:24 AM
With Harang, Arroyo, and Ramirez pitching, anything less than a sweep of the Pirates would be a disappointment.

:thumbup:

reds44
05-15-2006, 12:28 AM
With Harang, Arroyo, and Ramirez pitching, anything less than a sweep of the Pirates would be a disappointment.
Well haven't you changed your tune about Mr. Ramirez?


Ramirez stinks, but we already knew that. This guy has no chance of being a good major league pitcher.

Next.

TeamBoone
05-15-2006, 12:54 AM
And here we go again. The two best Reds pitchers are going against Pittsburgh instead of Detroit. I see a trend developing.

I know they're on a schedule, but it seems they messed it all up with the bottom three so why not mess it up with the top two in an effort to benefit the team. Claussen is now #5.

OnBaseMachine
05-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Well haven't you changed your tune about Mr. Ramirez?

Wow, so he is a great pitcher after four starts?!?

Give me some time and I can go back and find a ton of your posts that I can bump to the top and make you look rather ignorant. Instead I will be the better man and just let it slide.

reds44
05-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Wow, so he is a great pitcher after four starts?!?

Give me some time and I can go back and find a ton of your posts that I can bump to the top and make you look rather ignorant. Instead I will be the better man and just let it slide.
Did I say he was.

Why are you so confident in him if he 'stinks' though?

OnBaseMachine
05-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Did I say he was.

Why are you so confident in him if he sucks though?

Because he is facing Victor Santos. A game the Reds should win no matter who is pitching for us.

reds44
05-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Ummm, because he is facing Victor Santos. A game the Reds should win no matter who is pitching for us.
Okie dokie.

Sorry, I am bitter about that post for reasons you can't control.

RedLegSuperStar
05-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Sorry Pirates fans.. but these Redlegs could use some W's. Reds offense has been vacant the past few games and could benifit from playing Pittsburg. I predict 2 out of 3 and regaining 1st place!

Krusty
05-16-2006, 09:33 AM
The way the offense has been struggling, I would just be happy with a win tonight to start.

Redmachine2003
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
oh no! I hope we just didn't Jink them.

OnBaseMachine
05-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I predict a Reds sweep. Offense breaks out and scores 25 runs in the series as the Reds outscore them 25-13.

Dunn hits a couple homers, Griffey one, and Lopez one.

oneupper
05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Check the weather, guys...we may be looking at rainouts.

redsmetz
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Forecast isn't looking like a total washout, 60% chance today, 40% chance tonight and tomorrow. I'd be more worried if we were playing Cleveland.

http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_pit_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

TeamBoone
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
No team is a guaranteed win. That's why they play the games.

Heath
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
I'll take a win tonight, first.

Then a win on Wednesday.

Thursday would be nice.

Then, since the Reds are traveling to Detroit, and I am spending good money to go there, I'll see the Reds win on Friday :D

westofyou
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Sorry Pirates fans.. but these Redlegs could use some W's. Reds offense has been vacant the past few games and could benifit from playing Pittsburg. I predict 2 out of 3 and regaining 1st place!
The 1961 Reds were 10-12 against the the Cubs that year, that's about 16% of the Cubs wins that year.

Let us hope that the Pirates are not the Reds Cubs this season.