PDA

View Full Version : Our troubles are over........

Gainesville Red
05-15-2006, 03:33 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm taking responsibility for the recent losses. But it's all in the past. The problem, obviously, was the luck in my hat ran out. After the ballgame today I went to lids to get a new lucky hat. Didn't get a speeding ticket on the way home, and didn't burn dinner, so obviously it's already working.

I'm really sorry for all the trouble the old hat caused, it shouldn't happen again. (Until next year some time.)

KronoRed
05-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Burn the old one..just to be safe :)

kyred14
05-15-2006, 04:18 AM
I'll take the blame. I started looking at the schedule. Just like I did '02 and '04. Or we could just blame Adam Dunn, that sounds easier. :D

MrCinatit
05-15-2006, 07:03 AM
He might not be with the team any longer, but it is Dan0's fault.
No. Really. It is. It is he who has provided this foundation made of construction paper on which to build a team. Okay, his and Allen's. And Linder's.

GAC
05-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Actually it's all my fault....

I've had a practice/habit for the last 20+ years, that when a game isn't going well for the Reds I simply turn them off.

Now I don't have any statistical data to back this up; but whenever I check back on them later, they usually have come back and won.

The latest example of this was Jr's first game back last week. ;)

But I've hung tough and continued to listen to every game all the way to the end over the last couple of weeks.... so it's all my fault.

I'll "bite the bullet" for you all, and promise to listen and watch fewer Red games. :lol:

paintmered
05-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I need to stay away from GABP. I am 0-3 so far this year. :(

RedsMan3203
05-15-2006, 10:09 AM
No, No, No! Its my fault!

I had the end of last week and the weekend off.. Therefor these were the 1st set of games i've been able to sit down and watch... Looik what happend!

Needless to say... I work all week.

Joseph
05-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm just glad I can blame you guys now, instead of searching for an answer out there.

I mean, no! Its my fault. I've started to believe a little bit and have expectations.

membengal
05-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I need to stay away from GABP. I am 0-3 so far this year. :(

0-2 for me, taking the blame for the Friday and Saturday losses. Good thing for the Reds, that was the one trip I can make back to Cincy for a game this year. They should be fine now.

registerthis
05-15-2006, 10:51 AM
I think it's my fault, as evidenced by the following unassailable statistical data:

Number of World Series titles won by the Reds while I lived in Ohio: 1
Number of World Series titles won by the Reds since I left Ohio: 0

Statistically, this represents a decrease of infinity percent in the number of World Series titles won by the Reds since I left Ohio. I'm sorry guys, I never meant to inflict this much harm on our beloved franchise.

Highlifeman21
05-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Now that I've officially lived in the Philly area for a year, who's the first team to sweep the Reds at home this year?

The Broad Street Bombers...

I'm currently looking for jobs back in the Cincy area so no more sweeps happen!

And for what it's worth, 2 Phillies fans yesterday referred to Ryan Howard as "The Shaved Ape"

BoydsOfSummer
05-15-2006, 07:12 PM
It's not my fault. I rawk as a fan.

Just sayin'

vaticanplum
05-15-2006, 07:14 PM

Ah, me too! That's it!

In addition to Grand Slam Mojo, I actually have World Series Mojo. Teams that have been through serious WS droughts tend to win the year I move to their cities. It's happened twice.

Eh, I'd rather put more stock in the lucky hat.

Mario-Rijo
05-15-2006, 09:05 PM
"I'm that Baby's Daddy Boss"! :laugh:

Dan
05-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I think it's my fault, as evidenced by the following unassailable statistical data:

Statistically, this represents a decrease of infinity percent in the number of World Series titles won by the Reds since I left Ohio. I'm sorry guys, I never meant to inflict this much harm on our beloved franchise.

I must admit that I, too, have contributed to this un-success.

Number of World Series titles won by the Reds while I lived in Ohio: 3

*hangs head in shame*

Spring~Fields
05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
No it is all my fault the baseball Gods hate me.
I got all excited and happy when the Reds were winning, I stopped bad mouthing them and look what happens.

I layed off Dunn and Griffey, look what happens, if I write something bad about them they go on a hitting tear. I was berating the pitching they started pitching great and started praising the hitters and everything went to H in a hand basket. All my fault as I have been watching every game, they win when I don't. :(

Tommyjohn25
05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I stopped wearing my "Go Reds" wristband on my right wrist and switched it to my left and they started to lose. Looks like it's time to switch back tomorrow.

George Foster
05-15-2006, 11:44 PM
No it's my fault. I flew my reds flag outside my house after the Griffey homerun on Thursday. That flag is now 0-5. Me and Davis (the 2022 first pick of the amateur baseball draft..mark it down) had a flag burning cerimony Sunday night.

StillFunkyB
05-15-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll take the blame. I started looking at the schedule. Just like I did '02 and '04. Or we could just blame Adam Dunn, that sounds easier. :D

I STILL blame Bob Boone.

Just sayin.

Yachtzee
05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
It's my fault. The Reds were doing great while I was spending the last month and a half preparing for law exams. They haven't won since I took my last final.

Don't worry, I've got an intersession class that starts on Saturday.

saboforthird
05-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I am the cure to all the Reds' troubles. Ask RedFanAlways1966. :D

HotCorner
05-16-2006, 12:01 AM
It's my fault. I changed my password at work to Dunner44 last week and since then the offense has been non-existent. I'm changing it tomorrow.

reds44
05-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Pssh you guys are crazy.

It is ALL and I mean ALL Adam Dunn's fault.

'nuff said!

;)

Jr's Boy
05-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Burn the old one..just to be safe :)

Doesn't work.I burned one a year for 7 years.:D

KronoRed
05-16-2006, 05:43 AM
I STILL blame Bob Boone.

Blaming boone has never hurt :D

registerthis
05-16-2006, 10:47 AM
I must admit that I, too, have contributed to this un-success.

Number of World Series titles won by the Reds while I lived in Ohio: 3

*hangs head in shame*

Wow, you decreased their WS titles by triple infinity percent. You're MUCH worse than I am...I feel better now.