PDA

View Full Version : What kind of milk do you drink?

griffeyfreak4
05-16-2006, 10:38 PM
I gotta say I love the whole, so thick and delicious.

GIK
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Skim

SandyD
05-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Soy

Helped my allergies.

griffeyfreak4
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Soy

Helped my allergies.
Forgot about that one, sorry. Is there a way I can edit the poll or no?

paintmered
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Forgot about that one, sorry. Is there a way I can edit the poll or no?

Done.

savafan
05-16-2006, 11:50 PM
I drink Soy, 2%, 1%, skim...everything but whole. Not sure how to vote on the poll.

I also like buttermilk.

KronoRed
05-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Skim or 1%

westofyou
05-16-2006, 11:53 PM
My friend roomed with a russian guy who kept his milk on TOP of the frig, drank it warm.

I don't drink it myself, soy in my cereal.

Super_Barry11
05-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Soy

Helped my allergies.

I'm allergic to both dairy and soy. :laugh:

RedsBaron
05-17-2006, 06:40 AM
1%. My wife and kids drink 2%, but I like 1% just as well. Skim is still too watery for me.

RollyInRaleigh
05-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Skim

redsmetz
05-17-2006, 07:04 AM
I drink Skim but put 2% on my cereal.

Roy Tucker
05-17-2006, 08:00 AM
1% guy here.

The rest of the family drinks whole milk. My girls love chocolate. My son drinks milk like water.

Sweetstop
05-17-2006, 08:24 AM
1%

05-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Skim usually, but 1% sometimes.

TeamMorris
05-17-2006, 08:53 AM
I drink skim but love whole! Just don't love the fat in it.

Red Leader
05-17-2006, 08:54 AM
I guess SB and I are the only two that are lactose intollerant on this site? :dunno:

TRF
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
skim.

Otherwise I'd weigh 300 pounds.

max venable
05-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I like a nice glass of skim milk with my hot salsa from Ohio. :thumbup:

rdiersin
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Skim for the most part if I am drinking it or for cereal, but got to have whole or 2% in a latte or anything warmed up.

SunDeck
05-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Man, I'd drink vitamin D if I could. Love the sweet taste of that fat!

savafan
05-17-2006, 11:09 AM
I guess SB and I are the only two that are lactose intollerant on this site? :dunno:

I'm allergic to milk, same as I'm allergic to chocolate and cats. I just choose to suffer.

RollyInRaleigh
05-17-2006, 12:53 PM
1% guy here.

The rest of the family drinks whole milk. My girls love chocolate. My son drinks milk like water.

My son does the same. He'd rather have milk than soda pop, which we only have in the house on rare occasions. We go through 4-5 gallons a week. My wife and I drink a lot of milk as well. We also drink a lot of iced tea.

Yachtzee
05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I will drink any kind of milk except soy. To me, soy tastes like flour and water mixed together. I will also only use real butter, no margarine.

BuckWoody
05-17-2006, 01:38 PM
1%. It's as low as I can go and still like the taste. Our whole family drinks it like water. We usually go through 5+ gallons a week...with daddy and the two girls (aged 7 and 5) being the main consumers.

westofyou
05-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I will drink any kind of milk except soy. To me, soy tastes like flour and water mixed together. I will also only use real butter, no margarine.
Soy tastes nutty to me, so I don't drink it, just enough for moisture... oh and it has to be Vanilla.

What's this margarine you talk about?

Oh.. but to talk about foul the Mayo vs Miracle Whip argument looms.... Miracle Whip is the grossest of the gross.

rdiersin
05-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh.. but to talk about foul the Mayo vs Miracle Whip argument looms.... Miracle Whip is the grossest of the gross.

Yea, I grew up with Miracle Whip, but now I can't stand it. Mayo, even the reduced fat kind, is a heck of a lot better.

WebScorpion
05-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I drink 2%, can't stand whole milk any more, although it's what I grew up on. (my 2 brothers and I used to down 2 gallons a week) I like skim milk if I'm thirsty ... it's watery enough to quench my thirst. For butter/oleo we've switched to Smart Balance and real butter just tastes too rich. As far as mayo/MW we only eat mayonaise made with safflower oil...it's great! :thumbup:

Yachtzee
05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Soy tastes nutty to me, so I don't drink it, just enough for moisture... oh and it has to be Vanilla.

What's this margarine you talk about?

Vile stuff, that Miracle Whip. It's a miracle people eat that stuff.

vaticanplum
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
I drink skim, and I drink a lot of it too. It's good to hear other grown-ups do the same -- I'm the only one I know who does. I used to down 6-8 glasses at dinnertime in college, it would fill me up til the next day so I never had to spend any extra money on food at night. I have very nice teeth.

I like soy milk too. I hate Miracle Whip with an unbridled passion, and margarine marginally better.

KronoRed
05-17-2006, 04:16 PM
hey! no bashing miracle whip :rant:

rdiersin
05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
hey! no bashing miracle whip :rant:

Miracle Whip is KRISPY.:)

Handofdeath
05-17-2006, 04:31 PM
What is wrong with Miracle Whip? Is this some sort of Midwest bias? Is it a Red state/blue state issue? Respect the Whip.

Larkin411
05-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I don't drink milk or soymilk. Weirdly enough, I like water on my cereal and my cereal is usually cold oats with raisins and walnuts. I hate cooked oatmeal, so I guess I have strange breakfast habits generally.

Also I grew up on skim milk and margarine so I've always been averse to the taste of whole milk or butter. Especially butter which I just hate. Although these days both margarine with its hydrogenated oil and butter with all its saturated fat are verboten :cry: .

pedro
05-17-2006, 04:59 PM
What is wrong with Miracle Whip? Is this some sort of Midwest bias? Is it a Red state/blue state issue? Respect the Whip.

miracle whip is pretty much a southern thing.

personally I find it disgusting.

griffeyfreak4
05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters, and I'm the only one who drinks whole milk, they all enjoy 2%. They must down 7-8 gallons a week, while I down 2-3 gallons of whole milk. We have an extra fridge in the basement where we keep all of our extra milks.

pedro
05-17-2006, 05:59 PM
I've never liked milk. Ocassionally in cereal.

Love yogurt and cheese though.

SandyD
05-17-2006, 07:44 PM
miracle whip is pretty much a southern thing.

personally I find it disgusting.

I don't know ... I've always heard it's a MidWest thing. My brother in law is the only person I currently know who eats Miracle Whip, and he picked that up in Ohio.

I use Soy milk ... mostly in cereal ... but I occasionally drink a cup. Vanilla is the best, and what I started with, but now I don't mind the regular flavor if I have to.

My brother went through a phase when he would only eat cheese sandwiches and drink only milk. He would drink three 16 oz glasses when he returned from school every day.

I like mayo occasionally on certain things, but I'm more into mustard.

GAC
05-18-2006, 08:52 AM
We drink 2%..... buy the gallons!!

It would be cheaper to buy the cow! :lol:

Chip R
05-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't know ... I've always heard it's a MidWest thing. My brother in law is the only person I currently know who eats Miracle Whip, and he picked that up in Ohio.

Yeah, I know my family ate Miracle Whip. I never did eat that or mayo.

1% for me.

Sweetstop
05-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Smart Balance is a good (and much better for you) alternative to butter on a regular basis, but there's no replacement worth it's salt for butter in a recipe that calls for it. Yum. Margarine is evil.

I grew up in a Miracle Whip household. My husband did too and still likes it, even on his hamburgers. Yuck. I use mayo sparingly in tuna and chicken salads, and the like, these days. I DO like Wasabi mayo. Champagne honey mustard is my favorite sandwich spread, though.

GAC
05-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I know my family ate Miracle Whip. I never did eat that or mayo.

1% for me.

Love mayo, but I've been using Spin Blend for years. Alot less fat.

Larkin411
05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
We didn't eat mayonaise or miracle whip at my house growing up so I think I was always a little confused as to how they differed. I actually had to look miracle whip up to understand exactly what it was. Apparently it was created in Illinois and made its debut at the Chicago World's' Fair in the early '30s although I'm guessing the original didn't contain high fructose corn syrup.

Sweetstop
05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
We didn't eat mayonaise or miracle whip at my house growing up so I think I was always a little confused as to how they differed. I actually had to look miracle whip up to understand exactly what it was. Apparently it was created in Illinois and made its debut at the Chicago World's' Fair in the early '30s although I'm guessing the original didn't contain high fructose corn syrup.

high fructose corn syrup...the ubiquitous, all-purpose, killer additive to our food supply. I agree w/ Bill Maher on this.

creek14
05-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I've never liked milk. Ocassionally in cereal.

Love yogurt and cheese though.
Same here.

I also have to add ice cream to the don't like list. Ick.

westofyou
05-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Same here.

I also have to add ice cream to the don't like list. Ick.
Cheese was a major player in our snack world growing up, it was always there in many shapes and forms.

pedro
05-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Cheese was a major player in our snack world growing up, it was always there in many shapes and forms.

It's true, except for ice cream and potato chips and of course th aformentioned cheese, snacks in our house consisted of things like tomatatos.

cincinnati chili
05-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I do eat dairy, but I drink soy exclusively. Lots of it - between a half gallon and gallon per week. Simply like it better than a glass of milk.

CrackerJack
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Skim only (or fat free but I prefer skim) for chocolate protein/vitamin-mineral shakes and cereal. I can't drink milk alone, blech.

I don't know what the nutritional differences are in Soy vs. dairy actually, never bothered to check it out. My girlfriend is an organic fiend so I have a feeling this will be forced upon me at some point. On my to-do list.

guttle11
05-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Any kind as long as there's chocolate, strawberry or cereal in it. I hate plain milk.

westofyou
06-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Vile stuff, that Miracle Whip. It's a miracle people eat that stuff.

The Reds were in a playful mood before Friday's game. Hi-jinks began when the players caught the Fox television folks taping an interview in the players' dining room, a piece about pitcher Todd Coffey eating banana and Miracle Whip sandwiches.

Cameras in the pre-game clubhouse are a no-no. A couple of players streaked in front of the camera. Another player rubbed a piece of pizza into interviewer Jim Day's face, "Rubbing it so hard I swallowed the pepperoni," said a laughing Day, who took it all in good spirit.

Said old-school player Rich Aurilia, "We're in second place and we're talking about Miracle Whip and bananas?"

The interview was never completed and as Dunn said, "All good, clean fun." http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/reds/daily/0603redsnotesweb.html

Coffeybro
06-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Its not Miracle Whip Todd puts on the sandwiches its Mayonaisse. I have never even seen Miracle Whip sold in a grocery store in NC.

reds1869
06-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Its not Miracle Whip Todd puts on the sandwiches its Mayonaisse. I have never even seen Miracle Whip sold in a grocery store in NC.

Thank goodness for that. I'm from West Virginia and never had real mayonnaise until college. Once I had it, I could not understand why anyone would eat Miracle Whip; an extremely gross and vile creation. Now Frisch's Tartar sauce, that's good stuff...I eat it on fish and burgers!

westofyou
06-04-2006, 10:57 AM
So wait... we're supposed to feel better about that combination?

Sorry, they're both bile producing concepts IMO.

redsfanfalcon
06-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I drink Skim. After growing up on a dairy farm, (and drinking whole milk all these years) I am now on Skim milk. My wife is a dietitian, and she got me down to that. If you hold your nose while you drink it, it's really not that bad. :D