PDA

View Full Version : Tip on Jimmy Hoffa prompts search

Cedric
05-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Rural Detroit.

cnn.com

(CNN) -- FBI agents and local police searched farmland Wednesday afternoon outside Detroit, Michigan, after receiving a tip about the disappearance of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa.

The search was being conducted in Milford Township, 30 miles west of Detroit. Police from nearby Bloomfield Township were assisting the FBI agents.

Aerial footage from the scene showed at least 15 people outside of a barn, most of whom were digging a rectangular hole.

Hoffa was last seen July 30, 1975. The FBI has a sample of his DNA.

Hoffa was 62 at the time of his disappearance. He had been released early from prison by President Richard Nixon on condition that he not seek high union office.

He had served time for mail fraud at the federal penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

In May 2004, authorities in Oakland County, Michigan, removed floorboards from a Detroit home to look for traces of blood that might have been linked to his disappearance. Milford Township is in Oakland County.

Authorities went to the Detroit home in 2004 after a biography of former Teamsters official Frank Sheehan stated that Sheehan shot Hoffa in the home, just beyond the front door.

Sheehan, who was considered a confidant of Hoffa's, died in December 2003.

GAC
05-18-2006, 03:59 PM
They'll never find this guy. When the mob wants you gone.... you're gone.

KronoRed
05-18-2006, 04:02 PM
He sleeps with the fishes.

SunDeck
05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
There's a reason why the mob goes for waste management companies. Hoffa probably ended up in a landfill.

redsfanmia
05-18-2006, 07:48 PM
They'll never find this guy. When the mob wants you gone.... you're gone.
The mob doesnt exist.

GAC
05-18-2006, 08:18 PM
The mob doesnt exist.

No... Jimmy Hoffa doesn't exist. :lol:

captainmorgan07
05-18-2006, 08:48 PM
wonder how many times they check under giants stadium

ghettochild
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
mythbusters even did it under gnats stadium

Benny-Distefano
05-19-2006, 01:55 AM
mythbusters even did it under gnats stadium

I always thought the myth was RFK. :confused:

KronoRed
05-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Maybe parts of him are at every stadium :evil:

RFS62
05-19-2006, 09:18 AM
I thought he was in the concrete in Giants Stadium

Roy Tucker
05-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I thought he was in the concrete in Giants Stadium
That's where the Mythbuster guys did it. They had some kind of radar-type device that could "look" down through concrete. They buried some dead pigs under a sidewalk and left them there for a while in order to find out what the radar profile would look like.

IIRC, they didn't get to do the whole stadium, just the area where Hoffa was rumored to be (endzone?) so they couldn't say they busted the myth.

BUTLER REDSFAN
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
i thought he was with elvis

KronoRed
05-19-2006, 03:32 PM
i thought he was with elvis
He's the fry cook at a Burger King in North Dakota, why would hoffa wanna be there? :D

pedro
05-19-2006, 03:43 PM
He's the fry cook at a Burger King in North Dakota, why would hoffa wanna be there? :D

I think Elvis is an Elvis impersonator in oahu.

Roy Tucker
05-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I think Elvis is an Elvis impersonator in oahu.
There was a Elvis impersonator in Oahu that we saw and my wife said I think he's really Elvis.

But that was after a lot of beer. She thought I looked like Elvis too. And I don't look like Elvis. Come to think of it, she thought everyone looked like Elvis. Elvis needs boats.

Sweetstop
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
There was a Elvis impersonator in Oahu that we saw and my wife said I think he's really Elvis.

But that was after a lot of beer. She thought I looked like Elvis too. And I don't look like Elvis. Come to think of it, she thought everyone looked like Elvis. Elvis needs boats.

Is this a regular occurence w/ your wife after a lot of beer or just in Oahu? :D

westofyou
05-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Hoffa was kidnapped 1/2 a mile from my house. Right next to "Great Scott" Groceries.

RedFanAlways1966
05-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Hoffa... the perfect example of what might happen to you if you hang with the wrong crowd. He hung with bad people and ended up disappearing. Some might even say Hoffa was a bad person too. Gotta be careful of who you hang with... or you might disappear.

I hope they find the remains so the world can get on with important things and his family can have some closure. Oh... and some of the conspiracy nuts can have their wacko ideas put to bed.