PDA

View Full Version : what moves will be made when Aurilia, Milton and Cody Ross has to be activated??

redsfan4445
05-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I was curious what people think the Reds will do to make room for these 3 players? I think Olmedo will go down for Aurilia, but dont know about the other 2. I still think a LaRue trade is brewing. right now with Dunn and his easy go lucky no care to improve his defense attitude, I wouldnt miss him right now..But I think behind the scenes ther is something going on. I am sure BOB isnt happy as we fans are not as well.

Joseph
05-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Olmedo does go down when Rich comes back.
McCracken goes once Ross is back.
Ramirez goes down when Milton is back.

dfs
05-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Burns should go when Milton is ready. They'll send down the Lizard instead, but Burns should go.

Joseph
05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm fairly sure the old 'Needs to start every 5th day' card has already been mentioned in regards to Ez.

redsfanfalcon
05-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Olmedo does go down when Rich comes back.
McCracken goes once Ross is back.
Ramirez goes down when Milton is back.

Agreed!

Danny Serafini
05-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Anyone know when Ross' rehab is up, I don't remember when it started.

RedRage
05-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Call me crazy but I tend to think that, by moving Williams and Claussen up a day,it is more to get Williams one more start before deciding who to move out of the rotation. If Williams has another start like all but the last one, I think he is going to long relief and Rick White is getting DFA'd. If he pitches a gem I would say EZ is getting sent back down and told to stay by the phone.

dougdirt
05-18-2006, 12:09 PM
It makes about 0 sense to me that Ramirez is going to get the boot in favor of Williams. Williams ERA is twice that of Ramirez, then some. Ramirez started the year in Louisville so he gets the boot back there despite outperforming Williams every step of the way? Makes no sense.

RedRage
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
It makes no sense to me either. It must make Cents for someone in the organization though.

Guacarock
05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Anyone know when Ross' rehab is up, I don't remember when it started.

Cody went on injury rehab May 2. The maximum stay is 20 days, so come Monday, he'll either return to the Reds or an attempt will be made to pass him through waivers, allowing him to stay with the Louisville Bats if no one claims him.

RedsMan3203
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
EZ is staying... Burns is going.....

Ross is coming... McCracken is going...

Milton is returning.... Ray-Ray is going....

Or should I say... Burns, McCracken and Ray-Ray are going.. But i don't know in what order.

Guacarock
05-18-2006, 12:33 PM
EZ is staying... Burns is going.....

Ross is coming... McCracken is going...

Milton is returning.... Ray-Ray is going....

Or should I say... Burns, McCracken and Ray-Ray are going.. But i don't know in what order.

One other variation.

If EZ is staying, they're going to want to give him lots of relief innings to keep him sharp. Could mean that not only Burns gets demoted, but another pitcher goes as well, maybe Shackelford to AAA, or White getting designated for assignment.

The benefit? Besides a smaller, but potentially stronger pen, we get to carry an extra bat on our bench. With the offense in the tank, that's worth considering.

I'd keep Ray-Ray, not only for his speed as a pinch-runner, but also because he's hitting a ton better than McCracken, and plays a few key defensive positions.

KoryMac5
05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
DFA White is definitely brewing as well as a trade for some middle relief.

redsfan4445
05-18-2006, 01:49 PM
The Way Williams pitched today, HE should be gone and keep the lizard up here..

shredda2000
05-18-2006, 03:53 PM
The Way Williams pitched today, HE should be gone and keep the lizard up here..

Give Williams the mop up role, maybe he'll turn things around (maybe not...) :rolleyes:

Heath
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I hope Dave Williams goes to the American Automobile Association and got a nice map of Downtown Louisville. He'll need it.