PDA

View Full Version : May 27th game

gitrdunn44
05-20-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm going down to the game next Saturday for Memorial Day weekend to see the game against the Diamondbacks. Anybody know who's pitching?

edabbs44
05-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Harang vs TBA I think.

Joseph
05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah if things continue as currently paced Harang pitches the Saturday game.

Have a good time.

gitrdunn44
05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys. As long as it isn't Dave Williams it's fine with me.

edabbs44
05-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll be there Sat and Sun and it looks like I'm getting Harang and Arroyo.

Joseph
05-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm there on Friday and Sunday, so I'm guessing I'll get Milton and Arroyo barring major change.

TeamBoone
05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
It's Taste of Cincinnati weekend too... good eats and muscial entertainment. Make sure you take it in. Good time.

vaticanplum
05-21-2006, 10:06 PM
This is going to be my first-ever game at GABP, which has conspired against my schedule since its opening. I don't think words can describe how excited I am. I have ceased sleeping completely at this point.

scounts22
05-22-2006, 11:58 AM
It's Taste of Cincinnati weekend too... good eats and muscial entertainment. Make sure you take it in. Good time.

Any suggestions on where to go?

TeamBoone
05-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Here's a link to the official website; it should tell you everything you need to know... if not, let me know and I'll try to fill in the blanks. I go every year.

http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/

Heath
05-22-2006, 12:38 PM
This is going to be my first-ever game at GABP, which has conspired against my schedule since its opening. I don't think words can describe how excited I am. I have ceased sleeping completely at this point.

There are days I worry about you.

Then you post this. Lay off the strong stuff and hit the decaf :D

scounts22
05-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info!

edabbs44
05-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Here's a link to the official website; it should tell you everything you need to know... if not, let me know and I'll try to fill in the blanks. I go every year.

http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/
If you see a guy passed out with Mont Inn BBQ sauce all over his face, that would be me.

TeamBoone
05-22-2006, 02:18 PM
If you see a guy passed out with Mont Inn BBQ sauce all over his face, that would be me.

I'll keep an eye out... so that I don't step on you. :D

vaticanplum
05-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Where is Taste of Cincinnati in relation to the Stadium? I found directions on the site (thanks for the link), but I don't know where all of these streets are. If we park near the Taste, can we walk to the Stadium and back? Can anyone offer suggestions on where to park that might be in good proximity to both of them? It's been a long time since I was in downtown Cincinnati, clearly.

TeamBoone
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Central Parkway (where Taste is held between Elm and Main) is about 10-11 blocks north of the GAB... yes, you can walk it, but it'll take you 20-30 minutes (one way).

I usually park at the Westin (the parking entrance is on Vine, between 4th and 5th Streets). It's $1 after 5 pm on Friday and the rest of the weekend).

If you park there, you're only about 4 blocks from the GAB, very very easy walk and and about 6 blocks from "Taste". Not perfectly central, but close.

The streets between Elm and Main are: Walnut, Vine, and Race.

vaticanplum
05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Central Parkway (where Taste is held between Elm and Main) is about 10-11 blocks north of the GAB... yes, you can walk it, but it'll take you 20-30 minutes (one way).

I usually park at the Westin (the parking entrance is on Vine, between 4th and 5th Streets). It's $1 after 5 pm on Friday and the rest of the weekend).

If you park there, you're only about 4 blocks from the GAB, very very easy walk and and about 6 blocks from "Taste". Not perfectly central, but close.

The streets between Elm and Main are: Walnut, Vine, and Race.

Oh, that's great, thank you.

vaticanplum
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Ok, not to turn this into my own personal question thread, and I should have a feel for this from attendance threads, but I'd like some advice if people don't mind. I'm traveling this weekend with two other people and we are meeting a couple more in Cincinnati for the Saturday game. We were planning on getting someone in Cincinnati to pick up tickets for us (we're not too concerned with good seats, though we may spring for something more than the cheapest tickets). But we don't have a firm head count for Saturday and were wondering if maybe we should wait until gameday. This could be as many as 10 or 12 people I guess. Is it too risky to wait til Saturday to try to get that many seats together? alternatively, of course, if we just buy a few and others decide to come later, we'll be sitting apart anyway, and I do assume that we won't have trouble getting 12 tickets in any form on Saturday...but I want to make sure of this too. Those who attend games there often, what do you think? The weather is supposed to be pretty nice and it is a holiday weekend.

Matt700wlw
05-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah if things continue as currently paced Harang pitches the Saturday game.

Have a good time.

Harang pitched Sunday -- 5 days would be Friday, but the off day could move him to Saturday.

Arroyo is pitching today (monday) -- 5 days would be Saturday, but the off day could move him to Sunday.

Not sure how the Reds will approach the off day, but either way, it looks good for the weekend.

Coffeybro
05-22-2006, 07:44 PM
So whats the best of the best to eat at the taste of cincinnati? I'm going to be in cincy on on saturday and sunday.

TeamBoone
05-22-2006, 08:29 PM
So whats the best of the best to eat at the taste of cincinnati? I'm going to be in cincy on on saturday and sunday.

Wow! That's a tough one. There is SO MUCH to choose from.

A few days before the event, however, "someone" chooses the best in any given food category. When you go, pick up a flyer (they're all over the place) and it will list the winners; each winner's food booth is also marked as a "Taste" winner.

But really, you can't go wrong with anything you decide on. But walk around before you buy... some vendors offer similar items but the price can differ by a few dollars, though nothing is overly expensive.

TeamBoone
05-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Is it too risky to wait til Saturday to try to get that many seats together?

Again, a tough one to answer... it all depends on how many people decide to go to the game on Saturday.

That said, I think you'll be fine, especially if you get there at least an hour before game time. Rather than asking for 12 seats in one row (which is tough for a group anyway... hard to talk), as for 6 in two rows or 4 in three rows. It's sometimes easier to accomodate such requests and makes it easier for all of you to interact anyway.

Oh, one other thing... does anyone know if the Dugout Shop in the Westin is open yet? VP, if it is, get your tickets there... you won't have to deal with nearly as many people and they're very good about taking their time and working with you on getting just the seats you want.