PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at a Krusty like trade proposal...

LexingtonRedsFan
05-20-2006, 04:47 PM
OK, this is my first attempt, so here goes

trade Dave Williams to Washington for Ryan Church...he just got sent down for the 2nd time this season and with Williams did have a decent start there when we played them....and I believe they still need pitching help....

Nationals optioned outfielder Ryan Church to Double-A Harrisburg.
Church, who got off to a great start after being recalled in April, had been 4-for-24 since returning from flu-like symptoms earlier this month. He's still the Nationals' best option in center field, and there's a good chance he'll be back soon after he regains his swing. A better team would have given him a little more of an opportunity to work through his problems in the majors. The Nationals will go with Marlon Byrd and Alex Escobar in center for now. May. 19 - 11:36 pm et

reds44
05-20-2006, 04:51 PM
Where would Church play, and it still would take more then Williams to get him.

KronoRed
05-20-2006, 04:54 PM
4-24 and they send him to AA? they must really be in love with Byrd.

LexingtonRedsFan
05-20-2006, 04:58 PM

You just say Thanks and good bye to Quinton....as for needing more, you might be right, but I dont know our minors enough to propose who could get packaged without it burning us...

Topcat
05-20-2006, 05:54 PM
doubt its possible but how about adding Rick White :D . Of course if Jimbo ok's the deal he will be done like dinner fast in Washinton lol.

Highlifeman21
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM

I sorta agree. Why do we need and or want Ryan Church? Does Cody Ross need a roommate on roadtrips, or what?

How Williams won 10 games last year for the Pirates I'll never know.