PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Red reliever scandal

BCubb2003
05-20-2006, 04:48 PM
From the same place where all those Playas photos come from. Take it for what it's worth ...

http://itsasecretsohush.blogspot.com/2006/05/paying-your-dues.html

jmcclain19
05-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Let me add that is most definitely about Danny Graves, and that the story is racy - for those on work related or "monitored" computers

Team Clark
05-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Pettitte was in a similar sitaution a few years ago. It was the situation that was a driving force for him to sign in Houston.

Falls City Beer
05-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Pettitte was in a similar sitaution a few years ago. It was the situation that was a driving force for him to sign in Houston.

I thought Pettitte was a "born-again." Hmm.

Maybe he "died-again."

MrCinatit
05-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Wow. If it is true, what little respect i had for Danny is completely gone.

WVRedsFan
05-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Let me add that is most definitely about Danny Graves, and that the story is racy - for those on work related or "monitored" computers

Didn't you have to click the link to get to the racy stuff?

cincinnati chili
05-21-2006, 01:06 AM
If this is true (or if it's even been alleged to be true), I'd like to know the court where this complaint was filed. It said she sued.

wheels
05-21-2006, 01:08 AM
There are some interesting tidbits on there about Bronson Arroyo and his alleged "powder diet".

I really hope that this is all just baseless, mindless trash.

Candy Cummings
05-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I hope it is, too. Don't wish Danny Graves any ill will. If true, on the other hand, certainly I'm very disappointed, which I have been before.

GAC
05-21-2006, 08:59 AM
The mistress says he "took away her freedom" by forcing her to have an abortion?

How did he force her?

She could have had the kid and then hit him up big time in the courts.

Not buying that aspect of the charges at all.

RedFanAlways1966
05-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Girlfriends and mistresses of married men getting hurt or jilted? Gee... guess they should have considered that when they decided to mess with a married man. Wonder if greed drives these "ladies"? Wonder if guilt ever passes through the minds of these "ladies" or the married MLB Players who get involved with them?

These "ladies" and the MLB Players in the stories are a sad lot of people.

TeamBoone
05-21-2006, 10:58 AM
I hope this isn't true, though it appears some on the website seem to personally know at least one of the women.

And the "gf is a sweetheart" statement just killed me. A "sweetheart" wouldn't be "dating" a married man, especially one with four children.

And whomever asked how can one to be forced to have an abortion, I agree. One always has a choice, especially since she isn't married to the guy. I wondering about the court thing too. If he truly is being sued, it should be public knowledge and in print somewhere. When I have more time, I'm going to Google and try to find some details.

If true, it also sounds like he's having unprotected sex. Anyone who's playing around as much as this suggests, would be pretty stupid to do so (they'd be pretty stupid to do so even if only one extramarital partner is involved). Is he really that stupid? I don't know, maybe.

From anything I've ever heard, Danny's wife (Andrea?) is a true sweetheart and for her sake too, I hope this is untrue. She would really be the hurt party in all of this.

This kind of story breaks my heart.

Jpup
05-21-2006, 03:44 PM

...and Roger Clemens had nothing to do with him signing in Houston? The money probably didn't either?

c'mon.

oneupper
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Baseball Blogs meet the Supermarket Tabloids!

KronoRed
05-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Baseball Blogs meet the Supermarket Tabloids!
Who's Batboy?

deltachi8
05-21-2006, 06:04 PM
I have no clue if any of it is true or not, but it wouldnt suprise me one bit. A good friend of mine works in management/promotions for a major record company and goes on the road with a very popular band and has told me just a smidge of what happens (he cant say all of it). As he put it, "Groupies are groupies." Young men who have lots of spare time and loads of money and are away from home 1/2 the year AND surrounded by these women are going to do stupid things.

Cedric
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
...and Roger Clemens had nothing to do with him signing in Houston? The money probably didn't either?

c'mon.

Pettite wooed Clemens, not the other way around.

Unassisted
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Danny Graves is a lightning rod, disliked by more people here than who like him. I think that status he enjoys probably exaggerates the reactions to this revelation.

The day will probably come when a similarly lurid story shows up on that site or one like it about a current Reds player. It's probably a good idea to do some thinking right now about how you would react if the player implicated turned out to be one of your favorite Reds or the Red who was currently leading the club in some important statistical category.

Are you going to be the first one off of the bandwagon? Are you going to look the other way to avoid tarnishing the imaginary halo you see on that player. Or are you going to be one of the people who says, "I'll believe it when I read it in the newspaper?"

I know how I'd like to think I'd react. But I'm curious to hear how others think they'd react if that happened.

TeamBoone
05-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about... sounds like you may know something.

If I'm correct regarding said person, at least he's single.

Team Clark
05-21-2006, 09:18 PM

c'mon.

Ummm... Roger signed after Pettitte did. It was Pettitte who pulled Roger back into the game.

This is a pretty well known story in baseball. His wife gave him the choice of a divorce or to play at home where they could rebuild their trust. I always thought it was strange that Pettitte had a Christian commercial airing while he had a separate life. You just never know in baseball.

Unassisted
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about... sounds like you may know something.

If I'm correct regarding said person, at least he's single.If you're referring to my post, I have no inside info and I'm truly not trying to implicate by innuendo. I'm speaking hypothetically, and yet I have no expectation that any professional sports team anywhere is comprised entirely of solid citizens who live G-rated lives.

In this society where the private lives of celebrities are less private than they've ever been, and information doesn't have to be important or true to be published, it's only a matter of time until one of our favorites gets accused of some indiscretion by a blog somewhere.

I think it's worth pondering how we'd react before that happens.

BigRed75
05-21-2006, 10:20 PM
I actually heard about Danny's "extracurricular" activities four years ago from a Reds insider but I never bought the story (Danny's wife is hot and he's got four kids). I guess I should call him up and apologize for ever doubting him. I hope Danny gets what he deserves.

TeamBoone
05-21-2006, 11:28 PM
I actually heard about Danny's "extracurricular" activities four years ago from a Reds insider but I never bought the story (Danny's wife is hot and he's got four kids). I guess I should call him up and apologize for ever doubting him. I hope Danny gets what he deserves.

Do any of us know for a fact that it's true now... just because we read it on the internet?

Who knows, it could have started because someone has a beef with Danny. We don't know.

cincinnati chili
05-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Do any of us know for a fact that it's true now... just because we read it on the internet?

Who knows, it could have started because someone has a beef with Danny. We don't know.

I say it's false until we see it in the mainstream media. It reads, "The woman is now suing said ex-Reds reliever..."

Lawsuits are public record. If she had filed a lawsuit - particularly a lawsuit this lurid - we'd know about it.

smith288
05-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Girlfriends and mistresses of married men getting hurt or jilted? Gee... guess they should have considered that when they decided to mess with a married man. Wonder if greed drives these "ladies"? Wonder if guilt ever passes through the minds of these "ladies" or the married MLB Players who get involved with them?

These "ladies" and the MLB Players in the stories are a sad lot of people.
Lets not excuse the ball players for mixing it up with the ladies either. Some girls think they can "break" the ballplayers marriage up and become dilluded until something like pregnancy happens.

I dont know how she could be pressured to have an abortion but I pray for that child for being an unfortunate "inconvenience" to Graves. *sigh*.

flyer85
05-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Do any of us know for a fact that it's true now... just because we read it on the internet?You mean all the stuff I read out here on a daily basis isn't true? :D

smith288
05-22-2006, 02:03 PM
This gives new arguments for the traditionalist vs. statheads... (queue western music)

redsrule2500
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Danny Graves is so incredibly terrible.

Heath
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
This gives new arguments for the traditionalist vs. statheads... (queue western music)

For a minute, I was thinking about the wrong western music. I was thinking of the Country Western songs - you know your Dog dies, your girl leaves you, your out of beer........:dunno:

KronoRed
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
You mean all the stuff I read out here on a daily basis isn't true? :D
Shocking isn't it? :(

MartyFan
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
That has got to be the biggest bunch of crap...not doubting the stories on there but just sick of this sort of stuff...anyone can say anything about anybody and not be held accountable for it.

The thing with Graves is as old as the game of baseball; actually; I am sure a little older...ever look to see who is around a college football team? Coaches do a better job of keeping skanks out of rooms but in the lobby of a hotel they're lined up ready to serve . I don't excuse Danny Grave behavior just like I wouldn't excuse any mans behavior for treating someone like this.

At the end of the day it is a values flaw. It is wrong for Graves the same way it is wrong for any other person to do this and it is wrong for these "ladies" to throw themselves at these people or to make themselves available to thes athletes.

creek14
05-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Well a couple ST seasons ago when Dunn and Kearns left the Daquari Deck to go to the Cheetah Lounge, Danny went to the ice cream shop with some other player (I'm old, I forget who it was).

Not that it matters. I just hadn't posted in a while. :p:

37red
05-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I thought the big scandal was his pitching and getting paid for it :)

TeamCasey
05-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Cracked me up that someone tried to define mistress, girlfriend and ho.

They're all hos, and the man in the situation is a son of a ho.

A cheater is a scumbag ..... there are no degrees to it.

flyer85
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM

A cheater is a scumbag ..... there are no degrees to it.No gray area at all. :thumbup:

REDREAD
05-23-2006, 02:46 PM

Yeah, I got a laugh out of the person who felt so sorry for Graves' "girlfriend" :laugh:

I'm not assuming what is written is true or false, but it was an amusing read (in a tabloid sort of way)

max venable
05-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Pettitte story worth a read:

The Ulitmate Prize (http://www.gostudents.net/site/c.ejINI5PNKpG/b.669705/k.5BBB/Andy_Pettitte_The_Ultimate_Prize.htm)

Team Clark
05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Pettitte story worth a read:

The Ulitmate Prize (http://www.gostudents.net/site/c.ejINI5PNKpG/b.669705/k.5BBB/Andy_Pettitte_The_Ultimate_Prize.htm)

Great article and excerpt. I wonder if he wrote that before or during his affair?

KronoRed
05-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Word TC..Word.

max venable
05-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Great article and excerpt. I wonder if he wrote that before or during his affair?
Where does it say that he had an affair? Some me something. The only stuff I found was rumor and speculation on blogs. I'm fairly certain he didn't have an affair.