Reds1
05-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Excellent. YOU get more rep for that!

edabbs44
05-20-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.thirdage.com/news/features/images/news.yawn.jpg

Falls City Beer
05-20-2006, 06:00 PM
If Bonds had never begun juicing, he'd surely have reached 600 HRs. He would be a Hall of Famer and one of the greats. But then, no one's happy being just thane.

Reds1
05-20-2006, 06:02 PM
At least I get some fantasy points today. Few and far between from him.

LexingtonRedsFan
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I knew it was going to happen, but dang, I hate that he actually tied it...can anyone see bonds as an ambassador to baseball 10 years after retirement and getting any applause/love from the fans?? he wont be getting any from me...:thumbdown

Just to compare...I remember a few years ago when ripken broke the games record, I was happy that he had endured and surpassed the record...but I have the opposite for bonds....

Redhook
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I just hope he hurries up with #715 so we don't have to watch his every move on ESPN for awhile.

Red in Chicago
05-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I just hope he hurries up with #715 so we don't have to watch his every move on ESPN for awhile.

yeah, sad but i kind of agree with this...it's a sad day for baseball...what a joke...:thumbdown

Reds4Life
05-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Well, we knew it was going to happen. Still makes me sick to my stomach though.

RedsFanInMobile
05-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, we knew it was going to happen. Still makes me sick to my stomach though.
I totally agree. I hope we don't see him come close to Hank's record.

Matt700wlw
05-20-2006, 06:19 PM
I totally agree. I hope we don't see him come close to Hank's record.

I don't think his body can hold up long enough to make it that far.

The guy can barely walk as it is...

Benny-Distefano
05-20-2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.governorgirlieman.com/Thumbs-down.jpg

Ahhhnold disapproves too.

Johnny Vander m
05-20-2006, 06:47 PM
:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

Anyone see the game on TV or highlights of it? Was wondering what kind of reaction he got from the fans. Wasn't it played across the bay in Oakland?

Here's to ya Bonds, :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

buckshotrod
05-20-2006, 06:57 PM
:mooner: :bang: :thumbdown

Newport Red
05-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I hope he hits #715 tomorrow then hangs it up.

Then he, McGwire and Sota can beam up to that parallel * universe never to be seen or heard from again.

RBA
05-20-2006, 07:02 PM
http://www.governorgirlieman.com/Thumbs-down.jpg

Ahhhnold disapproves too.

Ahhhnold never done roids?

RedsManRick
05-20-2006, 07:06 PM
That's what bugs me about Bonds. When Brandon Larson roids because it may be the difference between peaking in AAA and making the bigs leagues, it's still deplorable but understandable.

Bonds was already on pace to be one of the best players of all time, and had to cheat to try and be the very best.

Matt700wlw
05-20-2006, 08:11 PM
:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

Anyone see the game on TV or highlights of it? Was wondering what kind of reaction he got from the fans. Wasn't it played across the bay in Oakland?

Here's to ya Bonds, :mooner: :mooner: :mooner: :mooner:

Standing ovation...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2452099

Highlifeman21
05-20-2006, 08:21 PM
That's what bugs me about Bonds. When Brandon Larson roids because it may be the difference between peaking in AAA and making the bigs leagues, it's still deplorable but understandable.

Bonds was already on pace to be one of the best players of all time, and had to cheat to try and be the very best.

How does it make it understandable for Larson, but not for Bonds? Bottomline, steriods are steroids, and there shouldn't be any grey areas when it's "understandable" to use and when it's not.

He was HOF prior to 1998, so while his stats since then might be inflated, you won't keep this guy out of the HOF.

realistic
05-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Could we have a subforum for Bonds hate? This gets old, some of you guys need therapy or as Kobe would say maybe just "hugs". Just because you dont love him does not mean you MUST hate him because hes involved in a baseball milestone. Did you all feel this way when McGwire hit #62 ??

Dare I say a lot of people outside of Redsland feel Pete Rose and his gambling damaged the integrity of the game just as much as steroids did.

Pete Rose was a hell of a player. Barry Bonds is a hell of a player. No need for the shameless hate graffiti every few days.

He got a curtain call too btw.

The Baumer
05-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I agree. Bonds should have been happy as a fuedal lord and kept clean.

KronoRed
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Shame, I wanted him booed.

smith288
05-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Could we have a subforum for Bonds hate? This gets old, some of you guys need therapy or as Kobe would say maybe just "hugs". Just because you dont love him does not mean you MUST hate him because hes involved in a baseball milestone. Did you all feel this way when McGwire hit #62 ??

Dare I say a lot of people outside of Redsland feel Pete Rose and his gambling damaged the integrity of the game just as much as steroids did.

Pete Rose was a hell of a player. Barry Bonds is a hell of a player. No need for the shameless hate graffiti every few days.

He got a curtain call too btw.
The hatred stems from Bonds allgeded use of performance enhancing drugs in order to reach one of pro sports most heralded records. I think you could do us all a favor and spare us.

realistic
05-21-2006, 01:22 AM
The hatred stems from Bonds allgeded use of performance enhancing drugs in order to reach one of pro sports most heralded records. I think you could do us all a favor and spare us.

Pete Rose used greenies to break Ty Cobbs record, you hate him too ? And again I ask did you hate McGwire in 98 or did you cheer for him that September?

Cedric
05-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Pete Rose used greenies to break Ty Cobbs record, you hate him too ? And again I ask did you hate McGwire in 98 or did you cheer for him that September?

I despised McGwire then and even then it's a stupid comparison. Other than legal Andro McGwire had never had his trainer arrested and the other things swirling around Barry. You have an opposing view on Bonds than most of us here, state your opinion on these threads or just move on. Asking obvious diehard baseball fans to not state their opinions on this subject is just stupid imo.

MrCinatit
05-21-2006, 01:36 AM
McGwire juiced, as well.
Only difference is, it was not an issue when McGwire hit the record breaker. Of course, the only reason it was not an issue is because Selig and the rest of baseball was asleep at the wheel.
Remember, even though there were whisperings going on for ages, steriods did not become officially an issue until about two years ago - literally taking an act of Congress to make Selig finally take up and notice.

realistic
05-21-2006, 01:37 AM
state your opinion and move on is exactly what i was saying. but this is every other day it seems theres a "i hate bonds" thread.

and you can not honestly believe Mcgwire was Andro only. i just find it sad that people have such a deep desire to hate

Cedric
05-21-2006, 01:38 AM
state your opinion and move on is exactly what i was saying. but this is every other day it seems theres a "i hate bonds" thread.

and you can not honestly believe Mcgwire was Andro only. i just find it sad that have such a deep desire to hate

Barry Bonds isn't just a cheater, he's widely considered the biggest jerk in sports. It's not gonna be hard for people to want to talk about him as he passes the greatest sports figure in American history.

danwl
05-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Not that you really asked me, but no, I didn't really cheer McGuire on that September. We all knew it was a made for TV special, right? We didn't exactly know it was made by steroids (tho I suppose we should have), but the dang story was just too good. McGuire and Sosa; Big Mac is the man; no, no Sammy is El Hombre, McGuire's kid, Maris' family, etc. C'mon, baseball was no fun, the lying owners, the whining players, and oh, the agents, don't get me started, and Don Fehr -- and along comes this great story, its fun, McGuire acts like a HUMAN, seems appreciative, seems enthusiastic, thanks the Lord for all his blessings, brings his kid to be batboy. Hey, it was nice, Mac was nice, Sammy was nice. Did we think Mac was therefore the greatest hitter or home run hitter ever? Well, no. Something was clearly up, right? Nobody hits 60 for forty years, then two guys do it? Right when all of baseball needs a happy story? Nobody really believed it, but it was fun.

It was fun because they were LIKEABLE. Whatever you say about Bonds, he isn't likeable. Doesn't make a lot of effort with the media. Doesn't appear to make a lot of effort with the fans (note, I don't know this to be true or false; coujld be he is a staple at the local children's cancer ward, but the media doesnt let us know because he is so annoying), expressly does not care one way or another what anybody else things, and alternately is supremely arrogant or calling foul because of racism. All of these things are entirely his choice and nobody, I mean nobody, ought to say boo about them. Hey, I'm not a staple at the children's cancer wards myself; I don't care what too many people think of me either; my media relations skills are shaky at best. But, by the same token, I don't gotta like Barry. And I don't, and I won't. Is he HOF? Duh, of course. Am I a bad person if I don't really wanna see him break any more HR records? Duh, no; I don't really like him.

realistic
05-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Barry Bonds isn't just a cheater, he's widely considered the biggest jerk in sports. It's not gonna be hard for people to want to talk about him as he passes the greatest sports figure in American history.

You ever met Barry? I doubt it. This reputation thing - I've yet to read about him getting arrested, see him spit on a fan, gesture into the crowd or publicly disrespect anyone. Be realistic and use you head instead of following a flock of people in the hater line. By the way, thats why i used the Rose analogy before, ive met Pete Rose...hes a jerk, but still was a great ballplayer ,thats all i care about as a "diehard baseball fan"

Cedric
05-21-2006, 01:58 AM
You ever met Barry? I doubt it. This reputation thing - I've yet to read about him getting arrested, see him spit on a fan, gesture into the crowd or publicly disrespect anyone. Be realistic and use you head instead of following a flock of people in the hater line. By the way, thats why i used the Rose analogy before, ive met Pete Rose...hes a jerk, but still was a great ballplayer ,thats all i care about as a "diehard baseball fan"

How about you use your head and mind your business? Quit whining because people that don't like Barry Bonds express it.

realistic
05-21-2006, 02:01 AM
How about you use your head and mind your business? Quit whining because people that don't like Barry Bonds express it.

See, such hatred. Its ok man, you can take it out on me.

savafan
05-22-2006, 01:01 AM
If one ties a record playing as a DH, does it really count? ;)