PDA

View Full Version : Good Article about Narron

oneupper
05-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Don't Know if its been posted elsewhere...here's the link:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060521/SPT04/605210367/1071

Matt700wlw
05-21-2006, 01:12 PM
That's a great article.

Narrron seems like a really good guy. Tragic what happened to his parents.

oneupper
05-21-2006, 03:40 PM
That's a great article.

Narrron seems like a really good guy. Tragic what happened to his parents.

I wonder how he felt about Freel and Bubba's DUIs.

JEA
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
A drunken driver had hit his parents' car head-on. John and Vileigh Narron, who had been married 51 years, each had suffered serious injuries.

Vileigh Narron died one month later at Duke University Medical Center from internal injuries. She was 80 years old. John Narron survived, but was in bad shape.

Doctors amputated his right leg, which was nearly severed in the crash. The impact also crushed his left foot.

The driver, Jerry Narron said, was out of the hospital less than two months later and spent one year in jail.

"I understand how people make mistakes, do things wrong, because none of us are perfect," he said. "But when I hear or see people arrested for driving under the influence, it breaks my heart.

"Not only are you putting yourself at risk, you're putting other people at risk. I do not have a lot of sympathy for drunk drivers."

This really makes me wonder what Narron thinks about Freel.

Not meaning to beat a deal horse, but two alcohol-related charges, including a DUI, can't bode well for Freel in Narron's eyes. Of course, Narron's also a religious guy, so I'm sure he's the forgiving type and all, but something just makes me think Narron isn't a big Freel fan.

I like the idea of Narron valuing integrity and I respect him being a religious man, but I wonder how much it affects his decision making in the dugout. What does he think about players cheating on their wives, dropping GDs in the dugout or getting tanked on the Sabbath. Would his beliefs be strong enough to sit a guy or even favor shipping him out of town?

Just some thoughts to consider.