PDA

View Full Version : Don't let Milty pitch another game!!

Big Daddy P
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Please Reds management, never put him out on the mound again...ever! He's a loss waiting to happen. He stinks, he sucks, he's got nothing left, he's a "fly ball" pitcher in a ballpark where flies fly out...not that his road talent is any better!

Trade him for a bucket of balls, some pine tar, a dozen jock straps, anything!

Any questions?

flyer85
05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
He'll be waving to you from the GABP mound next week.

Matt700wlw
05-22-2006, 03:59 PM
That's silly.

He hasn't pitched in a month. They should have sent him on a rehab assignment. Last year aside, which was awful, before his knee was bothering him, earlier this season he looked pretty good. I'm willing to see how he can do if he can stay healthy.

Time will tell.

CTA513
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM

If hes sitting in the outfield seats Milton will make sure he gets a baseball.

;)

flyer85
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Time will tell.... that he will continue to be awful.

The difference between Milton and Williams is the $$$$$. The Milton number is too big for the FO to swallow at this point.

redsfan30
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Please Reds management, never put him out on the mound again...ever! He's a loss waiting to happen. He stinks, he sucks, he's got nothing left, he's a "fly ball" pitcher in a ballpark where flies fly out...not that his road talent is any better!

Any questions?
That was insightful.

oneupper
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Get Ready next Friday....

Eric Milton vs. Brandon Webb...

What a matchup!

CTA513
05-22-2006, 04:03 PM

What a matchup!

Opposites attract?

:help:

paintmered
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Any questions?

1) Chill
2) Stop posting noise. It adds nothing to the board.

Ltlabner
05-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Maybe it is wishfull thinking on my part, but I was very encouraged by his last few SprT starts and his first two outings. I saw one of his outings in person and he was a very solid pitcher. Never in a million years did I think I would say that. For the money involved and the pitcher he could be (I know, that is a big "could") I think it's worth sticking with him.

BoCcc2832
05-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Eric Milton will be better this season. Give him time to get back into the groove of things, because with the exception of the two innings he pitched last Monday, he hadn't pitched since mid-April. I allow him a couple of starts to get back into things and get back into his spring training form. Besides...who else do we have to replace Milton? No one.

Joseph
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM

What a matchup!

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully LaRue will be back behind the dish instead of Ross, but thats mostly so my wife won't complain about it.

As for the pitching, he's still got whatever amount of talent he had, if he finds its the question.

Personally I think this has 'upset' written all over it in that I don't think it's going to be a 10-0 D'Back rout, but rather a 3-2 game one way or the other.

Falls City Beer
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
While I agree completely with the sentiment of the first post in this thread, I'm not sure we needed another thread dedicated to this topic.

But I will say that if we're going to jump on Big Daddy P's case, it might be nicer to give him a friendly warning, as he has only posted here 13 times; as opposed to, say, those who have been here for years, yet drag out the same idiotic, tired arguments against players who actually DO produce for the Reds.

NC Reds
05-22-2006, 05:11 PM

What a matchup!

Might have to pray for rain on Friday.

Redhook
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Milton looked weak and rusty the other day. I'm trying to be optimisic about him. He looked great in Spring Training and in his first 2 starts. If, and this could be a big if, he can get the 'zip' back in his fastball I think he'll be fine. If he doesn't get back up to 93-94 it'll be d'e'ja vu all over again.

KronoRed
05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I have a salute for him :devil: