PDA

View Full Version : Scott Strickland could help our bullpen (AAA for Pirates)

redsfan4445
05-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Per rotoworld.

"Scott Strickland got four outs for Triple-A Indianapolis on Sunday and still hasn't allowed a run in 24 innings this season.
He's given up 14 hits, walked five and struck out 27. If the Pirates still don't want to give him a chance, maybe it's time they let him go elsewhere. Strickland should be in some club's bullpen right now. "

redsfanmia
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Per rotoworld.

"Scott Strickland got four outs for Triple-A Indianapolis on Sunday and still hasn't allowed a run in 24 innings this season.
He's given up 14 hits, walked five and struck out 27. If the Pirates still don't want to give him a chance, maybe it's time they let him go elsewhere. Strickland should be in some club's bullpen right now. "

Just because this kid is getting triple-A batters out doesnt mean he can get out major league hitters.

Cant Touch This
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Just because this kid is getting triple-A batters out doesnt mean he can get out major league hitters.

I'd venture to say that some of the Reds major league pitchers would struggle to get AAA batters out. If the Pirates would be willing to let him go, sign him up immediately.

redsfan4445
05-22-2006, 06:42 PM
he isnt a kid he is a veteran.. and i liked him when he was on the expos.. he did great and had a injury and now working his way back.. heck he could get enough batters out compared to what we got now!!!

deltachi8
05-22-2006, 08:25 PM
If healthy, Strickland is a good arm for anyone's pen.

BEETTLEBUG
05-22-2006, 11:49 PM
If healthy, Strickland is a good arm for anyone's pen.

How about Williams for Strickland?

jimbo
05-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Strickland may be getting AAA batters out, but he can't even make the Pirates major league roster. Plus, he has only pitched in 24 major league innings since 2003. I'd stay away.

CTA513
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
How about Williams for Strickland?

I was looking at the Pirates message board and some Pirates fans said they want Williams back.

:laugh:

reds44
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
I was looking at the Pirates message board and some Pirates fans said they want Williams back.

LINK????

CTA513
05-23-2006, 12:10 AM
LINK????

http://mb3.scout.com/fpiratesfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2270.topic

reds44
05-23-2006, 12:12 AM
http://mb3.scout.com/fpiratesfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2270.topic
Wow, I mean, wow.

Basically everyone wants him back.

Wow.

Jr's Boy
05-23-2006, 01:06 AM
This team has Zach freakin Duke and their talking about wanting Williams back.:bash:

Heath
05-23-2006, 07:25 AM
This team has Zach freakin Duke and their talking about wanting Williams back.:bash:

Duke for Williams???? :D

redsfan4445
05-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Strickland may be getting AAA batters out, but he can't even make the Pirates major league roster. Plus, he has only pitched in 24 major league innings since 2003. I'd stay away.

We have MLB Veterans that cant get MLB players out.. look at their ERA's... i take a chance on him.. yes i like the idea send williams back for strickland.. cant hurt!

How about Williams, Dunn Travis Wood and another prospect for Jason Bay, strickland and Zach Duke???

jimbo
05-23-2006, 01:56 PM
We have MLB Veterans that cant get MLB players out.. look at their ERA's... i take a chance on him.. yes i like the idea send williams back for strickland.. cant hurt!

How about Williams, Dunn Travis Wood and another prospect for Jason Bay, strickland and Zach Duke???

All I am saying is that if the Pirates, who are pretty bad, do not see enough in him to give him a chance, that should be a red flag. The guy has only pitched 24 major league innings in that last 3 seasons. I'd send Williams for him, but I wouldn't give much of anything else, if anything at all.

I doubt very much if the Reds would be able to pry Zack Duke from them, but it sure is a nice thought.

Reds1
05-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I take it without knowing that Williams had a few more of those good outings then he had for us. They seem to talk about his inconsistancy, but then again he was their leading pitcher last year. I guess it's like the Paul Wilson we had before the injuries. He did well enough were we signed in 2 more years, but in reality it would have been a good time to part ways. I personally thought Williams would be better, but at this point I'm much happier with EZ and maybe even Paul Wilson over him. I wonder what he would do in the bullpen. I guess we probably won't see that. Interesting to read the thoughts of pitt fans. I was shocked.

jimbo
05-23-2006, 02:20 PM
They seem to talk about his inconsistancy, but then again he was their leading pitcher last year.

Williams was their leading pitcher in wins only, which isn't saying much. He was still number 5 on their depth chart.

Tommyjohn25
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
:laugh: I especially liked this quote from the Pirates message board.

"yes,go after this guy.The Reds have given up way to early"

Wow...are they confused or what?! The Reds got rid of this guy because they are NOT giving up the season! :laugh: