PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on buying tickets

paintmered
05-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm headed to the game this Friday to entertain some out of town friends. So I'll need 4 tickets.

I've noticed that the online surcharge is getting well......rediculous. And for the college student that I am, throwing down another $20 in surcharges is something I don't want to do.

So what are my options for surcharge tickets with no surcharges? I know I can get them at the Reds ticket office, but I'm not sure how parking works during the day. Is the Dugout Shop still open? What about Meijer stores?

Also, what are some general strategies that have worked for scalped tickets? I know it's been a buyers market this year so that's something I'm willing to try too.

Yes, I admit this is all because I am cheap. :)

KittyDuran
05-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm headed to the game this Friday to entertain some out of town friends. So I'll need 4 tickets.

I've noticed that the online surcharge is getting well......rediculous. And for the college student that I am, throwing down another $20 in surcharges is something I don't want to do.

So what are my options for surcharge tickets with no surcharges? I know I can get them at the Reds ticket office, but I'm not sure how parking works during the day. Is the Dugout Shop still open? What about Meijer stores?

Also, what are some general strategies that have worked for scalped tickets? I know it's been a buyers market this year so that's something I'm willing to try too.

Yes, I admit this is all because I am cheap. :)

Dugout Shop is not open, IIRC. Parking shouldn't be a problem around the ballpark during the day. I think you can park right beside the Crosley Terrace for about 20 minutes - or just feed an open meter on 3rd Street. BTW, I've done this many times, even during my lunch hour. Hope that helps! :)

Heath
05-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Dugout Shop is not open, IIRC. Parking shouldn't be a problem around the ballpark during the day. I think you can park right beside the Crosley Terrace for about 20 minutes - or just feed an open meter on 3rd Street. BTW, I've done this many times, even during my lunch hour. Hope that helps! :)

There ya go paintmered - have Kitty buy them and her surcharge is you have to buy an extra one so Kitty can go along!

(I smell a money maker here, Kitty! :D )

She might even sell you seats in her car if you wanted to go to Cleveland ;)

KittyDuran
05-25-2006, 06:06 AM
There ya go paintmered - have Kitty buy them and her surcharge is you have to buy an extra one so Kitty can go along!

(I smell a money maker here, Kitty! :D )

She might even sell you seats in her car if you wanted to go to Cleveland ;)He couldn't afford my price...I might be easy but I'm not cheap (?) (Is that right? ;) ) BTW, already have a ticket for Friday as part of the power pack. :beerme:

Heath
05-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Before this whole online thing when on and computers, etc. I remember my Dad going to Sears store to buy tickets. They had a scattering of seats all over the place pre-printed.

No service charge nothing.

KittyDuran
05-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Before this whole online thing when on and computers, etc. I remember my Dad going to Sears store to buy tickets. They had a scattering of seats all over the place pre-printed.

No service charge nothing.Same here, Clark's Sporting Goods on B Street in Hamilton - great seats, too! :)

KittyDuran
05-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Meijer's and other retail outlets have surcharges as well - maybe not as many as Tickets.com. Your best bet is still going downtown and park near the ballpark either on 3rd street or on the side street boarding the HOF [have to plug the meter]. It's simple really... :) Any luck so far?

TOBTTReds
05-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Paint,

I bought a couple games worth earlier this year at the ticket office before the season started.

You know the street right outside the concourse with the statues right by the main offices? I think it is usually closed on gamedays because of pedestrians. But on off days it is open and you can park right there. I think there is metered parking there or something, but if you are only at the window for 5 minutes, that is nothing. I parked when I could see the window I was walking to, and it was no problem.

George Foster
05-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Paint:

If you want to buy them off of scalpers, you will need to buy them across the street form GAB. They are not allowed on the property. That is were I normally buy them, if you want decent tickets. You will pay about $10 over ticket price, not bad for good seats. The more you buy the better deal you get. NEVER except their first offer. Say, "no thanks, I try another salper" and start to walk away. They will drop from their first offer.

Also you want to set on the first base side because of the sun. It is brutal on the third base side during a day game, and the first 3 innings of a night game.

paintmered
05-26-2006, 12:35 AM
Your best bet is still going downtown and park near the ballpark either on 3rd street or on the side street boarding the HOF [have to plug the meter]. It's simple really... :) Any luck so far?

Yep, that's exactly what I did - went downtown to the stadium and bought them there. Paid face value for 2nd row infield mezzanine (the best value as far as seats go IMO).

Thanks for the advice. :)

I've never actually done the scalper thing and would have been up for trying it but since I'm entertaining some out of town friends, it wouldn' t have been appropriate for the situation. I'll try it some other time.

KittyDuran
05-26-2006, 12:34 PM
:thumbup: See me and Ace know what we're talking about... :D
Now didn't you feel a little silly fretting over going DT? ;)
I've even gone on my lunch hour, driving down from Sharonville, which is 25 minutes each way, just to save a few bucks but to also get a better selection of seats. I just wish the online ticketing would go back to where you could browse for seats...:(

deltachi8
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
He couldn't afford my price...I might be easy but I'm not cheap (?) (Is that right? ;) )

Damn, I prefer easy AND cheap.

:evil:

KittyDuran
05-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Damn, I prefer easy AND cheap.

:evil::nono: Down Frat Boy... ;) :D

deltachi8
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
:nono: Down Frat Boy... ;) :D

Never been a frat boy in my life. It wa sjust too easy a joke to pass up!

KittyDuran
05-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Never been a frat boy in my life. It wa sjust too easy a joke to pass up!Oops sorry...:redface: Just stereotyping your user name... :)

deltachi8
05-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Oops sorry...:redface: Just stereotyping your user name... :)

its all good, no problems here.