PDA

View Full Version : Purging some of my memorabilia

Team Clark
05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
* Edited for violating rule #6.

Team Clark
05-24-2006, 06:01 PM
I see your point as far as editing the post but that is not a "personal" web site. I do understand though and have no problem with it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unless you meant rule #5 which John was in violation of....

ochre
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Semantics. The intent of that rule is to avoid people making a post, or a thread for the sole purpose of pimping an outside interest.

Team Clark
05-24-2006, 06:04 PM
BTW I am going to the game tonight. I will be home all week. I believe I will be in section 121 row BB.

Team Clark
05-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Semantics. The intent of that rule is to avoid people making a post, or a thread for the sole purpose of pimping an outside interest.

You're right. No problem with it at all. Wish I had read the rules before I posted. Moderators have always been great to me so I have no reason to complain.

savafan
05-25-2006, 02:40 AM

I'm not sure I understand the harm in this.

Is it possible to add a "Reds Marketplace" section to your board Ochre for people looking for or to get rid of memorabilia? It seems like a nice gesture to offer some cool stuff to Redszone members before going the ebay route. Just curious.

TOBTTReds
05-25-2006, 02:48 AM
I'm not sure I understand the harm in this.

Is it possible to add a "Reds Marketplace" section to your board Ochre for people looking for or to get rid of memorabilia? It seems like a nice gesture to offer some cool stuff to Redszone members before going the ebay route. Just curious.

I agree. Even a ticket swap section could be in that same part. I know it isn't a huge deal for away fans to get tickets here except for Cubs fans, but I really like it on football sites where people only want to sell or trade to like fans so they dont give seats to opposing team, like the stoolers.

beb30
05-25-2006, 09:07 AM
I also agree, I dont seem any harm in posting a site for memorabilia or for tickets. I think Savafan's and AvesIce51's ideas are great. Adding a "Reds Marketplace" where you can do things such as this would be a great way to connect all of us for things such as above."

RedFanAlways1966
05-25-2006, 09:11 AM
I also agree, I dont seem any harm in posting a site for memorabilia or for tickets. I think Savafan's and AvesIce51's ideas are great. Adding a "Reds Marketplace" where you can do things such as this would be a great way to connect all of us for things such as above."

I agree too. I think there should be reputation point minimum for sellers though. Perhaps the 200-point thing or maybe 100-points. This will keep money-making-types away from the board (hate those types!).... the types that join only to make a profit. I think a lot of us diehards would like an opportunity to pick up some quality REDS stuff from other diehard fans.

TeamBoone
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't see any harm in it either, as long as the actual sale takes place via PM and a post is included to say the item(s) is sold... surplus tickets are often sold to posters on the board. And no one has a problem requesting posters going to the game to see if they can pick up a promotional item for them.

Also, I kind of like having first dibs on Reds stuff that I might be interested in... including posters who sell stuff on ebay. Knowing it's there is a big help to me as I don't peruse sports memorabilia every day on ebay.

A Reds Marketplace section is a great idea.

One thing that would bother me though is if someone comes on the board only with the intent to sell. I wouldn't like that and I've already seen it with one or two people. Trying to sell an item is the only time they've posted.

savafan
05-25-2006, 11:37 AM
One thing that would bother me though is if someone comes on the board only with the intent to sell. I wouldn't like that and I've already seen it with one or two people. Trying to sell an item is the only time they've posted.

Perhaps RedFanAlways1966's reputation minimum for such posts, or a minimum post requirement before being able to make such a post would be a good idea. I think it would also be necessary for there to be a disclaimer that all transactions made between two parties are between those two parties and not the liability of redszone.com or it's administrators.

Red Leader
05-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Perhaps RedFanAlways1966's reputation minimum for such posts, or a minimum post requirement before being able to make such a post would be a good idea. I think it would also be necessary for there to be a disclaimer that all transactions made between two parties are between those two parties and not the liability of redszone.com or it's administrators.

http://www.dongardner.com/images/common/copyright.gif2006 Redszone. Patent Pending. Redszone and Redszone logo are trademarked symbols of Boss-Hogg and Hogg Enterprises. http://www.midischoolhouse.com/trademark.gif

TeamBoone
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM

That's a good idea.

Would the disclaimer be needed if all sales were done privately via PM or email and not on the board?

dabvu2498
05-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Sons of Sam Horn (Red Sox fan board) has a ticket exchange section with a disclaimer. They do not have a memorabilia section.

www.sonsofsamhorn.com

alexad
05-25-2006, 12:18 PM
BTW I am going to the game tonight. I will be home all week. I believe I will be in section 121 row BB.

Team Clark

Is row BB the second row or is it past row Z. I am just wondering because I have some tickts this year in row BB for the Indians game.

Team Clark
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Team Clark

Is row BB the second row or is it past row Z. I am just wondering because I have some tickts this year in row BB for the Indians game.

BB is above row Z

alexad
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
BB is above row Z

Thanks Team Clark. That is what I thought. I bought them off E-bay and the guy said they were in row 2. I did not think that sounded right.

Team Clark
05-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks Team Clark. That is what I thought. I bought them off E-bay and the guy said they were in row 2. I did not think that sounded right.

Pretty good seats. My wife wanted to know if we could go to a game and if it was possible for me not to work. Somehow I managed to do that. We took my 5 year old daughter with us. She LOVES Baseball. She cheers when everyone else cheers and loves to belt out "take me out to the ballgame" between every inning. My daughter is quick to make friends of everyone sitting near us. My wife took her to the playset and practically had to pry her away from it. I did miss most of the first inning because we had to get a Red snowcone before a meltdown occured. It was a great night. I actually bought tickets online and found it to be very easy.