PDA

View Full Version : Dave Williams to the Mets for Robert Manuel [A]

Joseph
05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
The Cincinnati Reds today acquired minor league RHP Robert Manuel from the New York Mets in exchange for LHP Dave Williams and an undisclosed amount of cash.
Manuel, 22, will report to Class A Dayton. For the Mets he was expected to pitch for the Class A Brooklyn Cyclones, whose season begins later this month.
In 2005 the 6-3, 190-pound righthander split his first professional season between Brooklyn and the Gulf Coast League Mets, where he ranked among the GCL leaders in wins (8, T1st), ERA (2.06, 2nd), strikeouts (49, 4th) and innings pitched (56.2, 5th). For the season he produced 54 strikeouts and just 4 walks in 61.2 innings.
The Houston native attended Sam Houston State University, where he was All-Southland Conference last year. On June 17, 2005 he was signed by the Mets as a non-drafted minor league free agent.
Williams this season went 2-3 with a 7.20 ERA in 8 starts for Cincinnati. He was designated for assignment on Saturday, when LHP Eric Milton was reinstated from the 15-day disabled list.

Per Lance's Blog

Red Leader
05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
:beerme: :beerme:

RedsManRick
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
So we've seen the numbers. Anybody got a scouting report on this guy? Looks like he both started and pitched out of the pen.

BRM
05-25-2006, 05:22 PM
From Rotoworld.

If the Reds dumped most of Williams' salary, they'll be content. Manuel, 22, had a 2.06 ERA and a 49/4 K/BB ratio in the Rookie Gulf Coast League last year after being signed out of Sam Houston State. He's a long shot to make it the majors. Williams figures to head to the bullpen for now, but he'll be available to make starts for the Mets later on. With Shea Stadium helping him out, he might have a little fantasy value at some point.

Caseyfan21
05-25-2006, 06:07 PM
He's a warm body. That's a plus.

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/cin/y2006/m05/d25/c1471883.jsp
Reds deal Williams to Mets
05/25/2006 5:26 PM ET
By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Reds successfully moved deposed starting pitcher Dave Williams on Thursday, when it sent him to the Mets for Minor League pitcher Robert Manuel.
Williams, who Cincinnati acquired from the Pirates in a December trade for first baseman Sean Casey, went 2-3 with a 7.20 ERA in eight starts. The left-hander struggled to be consistent and allowed 54 hits over 40 innings.

Instead of moving the struggling pitcher to the bullpen or optioning him to the Minor Leagues, the Reds made the bold move to designate Williams for assignment on Saturday to clear roster space when starter Eric Milton was activated from the disabled list.

Had the Reds not dealt Williams, they would have been responsible for paying the balance of his $1.4 million 2006 salary.

Entering his second professional season, Manuel is scheduled to report to Class A Dayton. The Mets had planned to use him at their short-season Class A affiliate in Brooklyn.

The 22-year-old right-hander was 8-1 with a 2.06 ERA last season for the Gulf Coast Mets before a promotion to Brooklyn. Overall, he struck out 54 with only four walks in 61 2/3 innings.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc. Scott
05-25-2006, 06:11 PM
A minor-league free agent for a 27-year-old that won 10 games last year? And the Mets just got El Duque for an underachieving middle reliever that happens to throw hard.

Man, if that's the best Krivsky could do, that just shows how little value Williams is perceived to have. And how incredibly dumb DanO was.

Two Reds GMs have turned Sean Casey and $1MM plus whatever they just gave the Mets into a guy that's a half-step (the dominance of a league he was 2-3 years too old for) above someone that could have been signed away from the Florence Freedom. Brilliant.

RedsManRick
05-25-2006, 06:34 PM
A minor-league free agent for a 27-year-old that won 10 games last year? And the Mets just got El Duque for an underachieving middle reliever that happens to throw hard.

Man, if that's the best Krivsky could do, that just shows how little value Williams is perceived to have. And how incredibly dumb DanO was.

Two Reds GMs have turned Sean Casey and $1.4MM plus whatever they just gave the Mets into a guy that's a half-step (the dominance of a league he was 2-3 years too old for) above someone that could have been signed away from the Florence Freedom. Brilliant.

O'Brien gave Krivksy 2 piles of crap. Don't knock Krivsky for trading the 2 piles of crap for a nickel.

Patrick Bateman
05-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Williams' value was less right now then it was of the first trade. It was never high to begin with, but right now it's at rock bottom with the way he's pitched this year.

alexad
05-25-2006, 06:43 PM
At least we got something for him. But we did give Sean Casey for him, so his trade value is worse than the old "bag of balls" addition.

I would have liked for Williams to be given a chance to go to AAA and see if he could find himself.

But Kriv has had a great eye for talent and appeared Williams did not fit that bill.

gonelong
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I would have liked for Williams to be given a chance to go to AAA and see if he could find himself.

Quite honestly, I think he has already found himself, that was the problem.

GL

SirFelixCat
05-25-2006, 07:22 PM
IMO I didnt expect a single thing for DW, so this is a win-win. I can not and will not fault Krivsky for Dan O's mistakes. He has done quite a few things "right" since he's been here (Mr. K), so I am very pleased by this move.

chicoruiz
05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Wonder how much of Williams's salary we paid. Now let's take whatever money we saved in the deal and tack it on to our offer to Milton Loo.

KronoRed
05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
The mets have a really bad GM streak going on :D

PuffyPig
05-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Two Reds GMs have turned Sean Casey and $1MM plus whatever they just gave the Mets into a guy that's a half-step (the dominance of a league he was 2-3 years too old for) above someone that could have been signed away from the Florence Freedom. Brilliant.

If Casey had been a FA after last season, I wonder how much a team would have paid for him?

$3-5M tops I'd say.

So, we dumped Casey and his $8.5M salary and got little in return, but had to pay $1M -maybe $1.5M.

I'd say we did very well.

traderumor
05-25-2006, 08:01 PM

Maybe Minaya is a smart enough GM to not care about wins and know he is taking on salary and a longshot and didn't have to give up much. From what I saw of El Duque in Arizona, unless the wizard Rick Peterson can do something he could not do with Danny Graves, the Mets gave up nothing and received nothing from the two arms they just picked up.

As for Casey, one GM had the opportunity to deal him. To include Krivsky in the return for Sean Casey based on having to dump the guy O'Brien traded for sure isn't fair.

M2
05-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Has Manuel pitched this year? I can't find any listing of him for any of the Mets affiliates.

Still, it's nice to see Krivsky go coyote-arm on Williams. It needed to be done.

OnBaseMachine
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Has Manuel pitched this year? I can't find any listing of him for any of the Mets affiliates.

He was scheduled to start the season with one of the Mets short season teams.

Barbarossa
05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Wonder how much of Williams's salary we paid. Now let's take whatever money we saved in the deal and tack it on to our offer to Milton Loo.

According to CBS Sports: "They also sent $500,000. to the Mets to cover half of Williams remaining salary this season.":beerme:

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Thats not a bad savings. Hopefully we can use that $500,000 towards Milton Loo and some of our other draft and follows.

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2458254&type=story
Mets acquire lefty Williams from Reds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The New York Mets made another trade to help their injury-depleted pitching staff Thursday, acquiring Dave Williams from the Cincinnati Reds for a minor leaguer.

Dave Williams
Starting Pitcher
Cincinnati Reds

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM W L BB K ERA
8 2 3 16 16 7.20

The Reds got right-hander Robert Manuel in the deal and assigned him to Class A Dayton. They also sent about $500,000 to the Mets to cover half of Williams' remaining salary this season. Williams is making $1.4 million this year.

The 27-year-old lefty was designated for assignment by Cincinnati on Saturday. He was 2-3 with a 7.20 ERA in eight starts.

"We've added to our stockpile of pitching," Mets general manager Omar Minaya said. "It enables us to fill some holes caused by the injuries to some of the players we had. It gives us numbers."

In his last start, Williams gave up six runs in three innings of Cincinnati's 9-8 victory over Pittsburgh on Thursday. He went 10-11 with a 4.25 ERA for the Pirates last season and is 19-29 with a 4.56 ERA in 74 major league games, including 66 starts.

Cincinnati acquired him from Pittsburgh last offseason for first baseman Sean Casey and cash.

"We see Williams as a starting pitcher and we're going to send him to Triple-A with that in mind," Minaya said.

Trying to upgrade the back of their rotation, the Mets acquired veteran right-hander Orlando Hernandez from Arizona on Wednesday for reliever Jorge Julio.

Victor Zambrano is out for the season following elbow surgery and rookie Brian Bannister is still sidelined with a hamstring injury. John Maine, who filled in for one start, is also on the disabled list because of inflammation in his right middle finger.

After trading starters Kris Benson and Jae Seo in the offseason, New York has been scrambling to fill the void, using Jose Lima and Jeremi Gonzalez behind the steady trio of Pedro Martinez, Tom Glavine and Steve Trachsel.

Gonzalez was designated for assignment Thursday after New York's loss to Philadelphia. He allowed three runs and seven hits in six innings of a no-decision, leaving him with a 7.71 ERA in three starts. The Mets have 10 days to trade, release or send him outright to the minors.

If Gonzalez clears waivers, New York manager Willie Randolph said the team would like to send him back to Triple-A Norfolk.

The right-hander was cut to make room on the roster for Hernandez, expected to join the team Friday in Florida and make his Mets debut with a start on Sunday.

Another reason Gonzalez became expendable was the promising major league debut of Cuban defector Alay Soler on Wednesday night against the Phillies.

"We're going to go with Soler in the rotation for now," Minaya said. "This gives us some comfort zone and we'll have to see how it works out."

Lima was designated for assignment on Saturday.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound Manuel is 22 years old. He went 8-1 with a 2.06 ERA in 12 games of rookie ball with the Gulf Coast Mets last season.

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Should we consider going after Jeremi Gonzalez,or Bean or Leahr? They have all been dfaed. We have one spot open on the 40 man roster.

Topcat
05-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Should we consider going after Jeremi Gonzalez,or Bean or Leahr? They have all been dfaed. We have one spot open on the 40 man roster.

Take this for what it is but from friends I know with the Brewers Lehr is supposed to flat out suck. Bean to me is the guy of the 3 I would tazke a flyer on. Yes I know does this not speak volumes! on the Reds developmental system.:bang:

cincinnati chili
05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Very few 21 year olds play rookie ball. And a NDFA to boot.

More than likely this was basically a Dave Williams tag sale, which fine with me.

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks Topcat. I was thinking its time to a chance on a pitcher to add to our System. It does say alot that we are having to search through the waiver wire. I do have more confidence now that its Kriv. who is doing the searching.

Gallen5862
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions
Milwaukee Brewers Optioned pitcher Chris Demaria to Nashville of the Pacific Coast League (AAA); send outright pitcher Justin Lehr to Nashville.

Thats leaves Bean and Jeremi Gonzalez as posabilities to add to Reds 40 man roster on claims. I am surprized Lehr cleared waivers.

top6
05-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Great move.

I was critical of Krivsky and the new ownership at first. However, so far they have far exceeded my expecations. They are willing to get rid of bad players, even though it means they may have to eat some salary. They were willing to take a chance on Brandon Phillips - the kind of chance a team like the Reds needs to take now and again (obviously, the jury's still out on that move, but so far so good).

I don't really think we'll make a post-season run this year, but I'm pretty excited about this team over the next few years. I think the fact that they're willing to get rid of players who can't play is a good sign.

KronoRed
05-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Very few 21 year olds play rookie ball. And a NDFA to boot.

More than likely this was basically a Dave Williams tag sale, which fine with me.
Agreed, I would have taken moldy cheese for Williams, this guy at least is a body

Reds1
05-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Somehow I feel cheated on the Casey trade. I loved oh Sean! But 8.5 million was just too much for this team and Hateberg and Aurilia are doing a fine job. Still it just totally makes Casey a salary dump. I'm ok! LOL :)

oneupper
05-26-2006, 07:22 AM
I think the fact that they're willing to get rid of players who can't play is a good sign.

Yes, but so far Krivsky has only gotten rid of O'Brien's guys. The real test will be when he has to pull the plug on one of the guys HE brought over. Recognize his mistake, so to say.

MattyHo4Life
05-26-2006, 07:54 AM
So the Reds traded Sean Casey for some guy that will probably never pitch in the Majors, and the Reds paid part of Casey's and Williams' salaries. The Reds could have gotten more for Casey.

Raisor
05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Agreed, I would have taken moldy cheese for Williams, this guy at least is a body

mmmmm...moldy cheese

traderumor
05-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Isn't moldy cheese redundant since its essentially mold in the first place? :evil:

traderumor
05-26-2006, 08:45 AM
So the Reds traded Sean Casey for some guy that will probably never pitch in the Majors, and the Reds paid part of Casey's and Williams' salaries. The Reds could have gotten more for Casey.Yea, just like as a Buckeye fan I hope UM keeps Lloyd Carr on as coach, the rest of the league mourned the loss of DanO as GM since it meant the Reds were once again a potential threat.

MattyHo4Life
05-26-2006, 08:55 AM
the rest of the league mourned the loss of DanO as GM since it meant the Reds were once again a potential threat.

I agree with that. I hope the Cubs give Dusty Baker a 10 year extension. As long as Baker is manager of the Cubs, their pitching staff will never be healthy.

Steve4192
05-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Thats not a bad savings. Hopefully we can use that $500,000 towards Milton Loo and some of our other draft and follows.
Different bucket of money. MLB payroll and draft signing bonuses are different budget items.

I am sure the Reds have given Loo what they consider a fair offer. The fact that they traded Williams will not change their perception of Loo's market value.

NJReds
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
From the Enquirer:

Familiarity with Manuel was a factor in completing the trade with the Mets. Scott Nethery, one of Krivsky's special assistants, signed Manuel in June of last year when Nethery was with the Mets.

"I'm going with Scott here," Krivsky said.

Manuel, 6 feet 3, 190 pounds, pitched for Sam Houston State in college. He went 8-1 with a 2.06 ERA for the Gulf Coast Mets last year. He struck out 54 and walked only four in 602/3 innings.

He has been in Port St. Lucie at extended spring training. The Reds have assigned him to Single-A Dayton.

Heath
05-26-2006, 10:40 AM
So the Reds traded Sean Casey for some guy that will probably never pitch in the Majors, and the Reds paid part of Casey's and Williams' salaries. The Reds could have gotten more for Casey.

that was a general manager ago.

princeton
05-26-2006, 10:53 AM
given his reasonable price tag and the state of ML pitching, it seemed quite possible that Dave Williams would get claimed.

in other words, I think that we just paid $500K for Robert Manuel, which is very interesting. Scott Nethery gets to go out on a half-million dollar limb. And his GM makes it public.

You go, Scott. Or else you go, Scott.

traderumor
05-26-2006, 11:57 AM
given his reasonable price tag and the state of ML pitching, it seemed quite possible that Dave Williams would get claimed.

in other words, I think that we just paid $500K for Robert Manuel, which is very interesting. Scott Nethery gets to go out on a half-million dollar limb. And his GM makes it public.

You go, Scott. Or else you go, Scott.That seems a bit simplistic. I would look more to NY saying that Williams is not worth over a $1M they'll still owe him, but about half that, or around the major league minimum. Is there a low level prospect you'd like to take a flyer on, Mr. Krivsky?

TRF
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
So does he go into Dayton's rotation? I think he does, but what does that make the rotation there? Wood, Cueto, Ward and Fisher seem to be doing well. Does this kick Stevens to the pen?

redsmetz
05-26-2006, 01:15 PM
So does he go into Dayton's rotation? I think he does, but what does that make the rotation there? Wood, Cueto, Ward and Fisher seem to be doing well. Does this kick Stevens to the pen?

I'm not overly familiar with Dayton's rotation, but is it possible somebody moves up a level to Sarasota or Chattanooge (I assume Sarasota).

princeton
05-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Nethery's probably pulling a Larry Bearnarth right now, who said after the Langston/Unit deal: "I said that I liked Langston. But I didn't didn't say that I liked Langston THAT much"

KronoRed
05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Isn't moldy cheese redundant since its essentially mold in the first place? :evil:
I mean the extra green fuzzy kind :D

KronoRed
05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Yes, but so far Krivsky has only gotten rid of O'Brien's guys. The real test will be when he has to pull the plug on one of the guys HE brought over. Recognize his mistake, so to say.
Agreed.

CTA513
05-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Heres an update I saw on Marc Lancasters blog:

UPDATE: According to Krivsky, Reds special assistant Scott Nethery signed Manuel when he was scouting for the Mets last summer, so there's your familiarity. Krivsky's scouting report:

"He had a hell of a summer for a kid that wasn’t drafted. Fastball, sinker, slider, change. Arm works well, he throws strikes and pounds the strike zone with his fastball."

Doc. Scott
05-26-2006, 05:08 PM

Well, Cueto's on the hot streak, but Fisher (DOB 2/83, older than Manuel and everyone else in the rotation) and Ward are both a little older and need to be challenged a little more. I don't think Wood's going anywhere yet. My guess is that Manuel will be shunted to middle relief to begin with, especially since Kyle Huddy, who was working out of the 'pen, was sent back to extended spring training to make room for him.

There have been a bunch of roster shakeups at Sarasota as well as Dayton, with several pitchers getting released or traded (Villalon, George, Schmidt, Lohse, Nannini) and new guys coming in (Granado, Rincon, Abbott). Apparently Jeff Bruksch is even coming back, according to BA (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/news/261461.html). So the shuffling of some of the non-prospects makes it appear as though some of the more prospect-grade arms may be moving.

Heath
05-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Robert Manuel's the Jeremiah Piepkorn of the Mets. Both are NDFA's who are older, solid minor leaguers with a slim chance at the Major League level.

princeton
05-27-2006, 11:49 AM
"He had a hell of a summer for a kid that wasn’t drafted. Fastball, sinker, slider, change. Arm works well, he throws strikes and pounds the strike zone with his fastball."

I'm sure that it was an excellent, cheap find. However, when you start paying $500K for such players, the word excellent morphs into the word eccentric. I thought that Krivsky's main attribute was financial savviness

Patrick Bateman
05-27-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm sure that it was an excellent, cheap find. However, when you start paying $500K for such players, the word excellent morphs into the word eccentric. I thought that Krivsky's main attribute was financial savviness

Who says we payed 500K for him? For all we know the Mets were only willing to pay 600K of Williams salary and we are really getting him for 100K or so.

M2
05-27-2006, 02:50 PM

I'd have been relatively surprised if another team had claimed Williams at his price tag.

KronoRed
05-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I'd have been relatively surprised if another team had claimed Williams at his price tag.
Agreed, Jimmy Anderson could be had for free, why pay a mill for the same thing?

princeton
05-27-2006, 06:02 PM
I figure that's the probable answer. Then again, he had an option, Yankees pitchers are dropping like flies, and he had reasonable numbers just last year. to me, he was nearly worth the $500K just to the Reds, and more to a richer team.

M2
05-27-2006, 06:12 PM
I figure that's the probable answer. Then again, he had an option, Yankees pitchers are dropping like flies, and he had reasonable numbers just last year. to me, he was nearly worth the $500K just to the Reds, and more to a richer team.

I'd have paid quintuple that just to make him go away. The Casey-Williams deal was Hindenburg bad. In my mind DanO was bursting into flames during the press conference.

princeton
05-27-2006, 07:56 PM
I'd have paid quintuple that just to make him go away. The Casey-Williams deal was Hindenburg bad. In my mind DanO was bursting into flames during the press conference.

that's the emotional response. I was thinking that Wayne K. might be more cold and calculating.

my guess is that he offered him to the Yankees and detected zero interest in a trade, so figured that he wouldn't be claimed. Probably right, maybe not.And he figured that Williams had no chance to go to the minors, return, and show value enough to win a better prospect at the deadline. Probably right, maybe not.

I'd have spent the $500K to find out. It seems unlikely that they'd get an even worse prospect at the deadline.

M2
05-27-2006, 09:46 PM
that's the emotional response. I was thinking that Wayne K. might be more cold and calculating.

my guess is that he offered him to the Yankees and detected zero interest in a trade, so figured that he wouldn't be claimed. Probably right, maybe not.And he figured that Williams had no chance to go to the minors, return, and show value enough to win a better prospect at the deadline. Probably right, maybe not.

I'd have spent the $500K to find out. It seems unlikely that they'd get an even worse prospect at the deadline.

Krivsky strikes me as the pragmatic type. Williams and pitchers of his ilk have been the problem, the punchline to the joke that has been the Reds 21st century.

Kriv seems to understand he's got a lot to do and he's shown a welcome inclination not to waste his time on junk. He put the boot to the right guy (again) and recouped $500K in the process. Keeping Williams around was most likely a fruitless academic exercise. IMO, this was a job well done.

princeton
05-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Kriv seems to understand he's got a lot to do and he's shown a welcome inclination not to waste his time on junk.

Reds remain full of junk. Moving Williams changed nothing.

M2
05-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Reds remain full of junk. Moving Williams changed nothing.

I disagree. Moves like this are changing the culture around the team.

Picking up an Arroyo and a Phillips while dumping a Williams and Womack certainly raises the bar for what kind of talent Krivsky expects to be in this organization (and I'm guessing that extends beyond the field as well).

princeton
05-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I disagree. Moves like this are changing the culture around the team.

the Joe Mays generation.

M2
05-27-2006, 10:18 PM
the Joe Mays generation.

That's hardly the peg on which Krivsky has his hat hanging these days.

CTA513
05-28-2006, 12:47 AM

According to MILB.com Manuel pitched out of the bullpen today.

2 2/3 Innings, 2 Hits, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

princeton
05-28-2006, 08:46 AM
That's hardly the peg on which Krivsky has his hat hanging these days.

Mays is Williams' replacement

gimme the lefty

M2
05-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Mays is Williams' replacement

gimme the lefty

There is no circumstance under which I'd want Dave Williams to pitch for my team. Far as I'm concerned there's never been a justification for having a pitcher that bad. If Mays becomes Williams' replacement and he's no better then shame on the Reds for that, but punting Dave Williams always was and always will be an unqualfied good decision.

Slider
05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
This was another great move by Krivsky.

Manuel as the return player is irrelevant
If he turns into something...great...if not...no loss.

The minor leagues are a place to develop prospects...not to store spare parts that will never be used. I'd rather use the time and opportunity to allow any minor leaguer...even one with a remote chance of reaching the majors with the opportunity. That sends a real positive message to the minor leaguers that we won't block your path with tired worn out former MLers.

Williams was a disaster. Krivsky not only sent a message to the team, but also to the FO personnel, the scouts...that we are not going to waste our time on junk...a great message to send when you're trying to change the direction of an organization.

Krivsky merely reinforced the message...You produce or you are gone.
To me that is a very good thing !!!

JaxRed
06-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Manuel's getting start for Dayton tonight

Hubba
06-11-2006, 06:41 AM
Manuel's getting start for Dayton tonight
Manuel turned in six innings of five-hit baseball, allowing a run in the first.
"I was a little nervous in the first inning," Manuel said. "I wanted to make a good impression. When I left, I was happy I kept the team in the game, but it's never happy when you lose.":thumbup:

Gallen5862
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
It sounds like Manuel has a great attitude. I am glad he had a quality start. Hopefully he will end up a steal for Williams.