PDA

View Full Version : When's the last time...

Newman4
05-26-2006, 10:34 PM
the Reds scored on a squeeze play? When they had runners on third with less than two outs several times tonight down 1-0 I thought at some point the squeeze play might have been in order. Alas, no, Narron lets them hack away every time. But, I can't remember the last time I saw the Reds pull it off. I have seen others do it against the Reds, but not our guys. Anyone help me out here?

dabvu2498
05-26-2006, 10:36 PM
I feel a Tony LaRussa bash session coming on.

westofyou
05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
I went to a game at Candlestick in 98 and they squeezed in the run...

here's another.

July -2002

The Reds tied it 5-5 in the sixth on an RBI double by Larkin and a suicide-squeeze bunt by pinch-hitter Wilton Guerrero. It was Guerrero's first RBI since April 30.

Newman4
05-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I feel a Tony LaRussa bash session coming on.

Why do u say that? Tony squeezes when the situation exists.

REDSEER
05-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Why do u say that? Tony squeezes when the situation exists.
No kidding, it seems like every time the Cards need a run with someone on third, Eckstein is at the plate and lays down a successful squeeze.

RAS
05-26-2006, 11:05 PM
It was nothing short of poor coaching not to try it on the 3rd opportunity. Can't he figure out that we are not going to drive the ball against this guy and with their infield in we were not going to score with a grounder either. Show some guts Narron!

CTA513
05-26-2006, 11:09 PM
the Reds scored on a squeeze play? When they had runners on third with less than two outs several times tonight down 1-0 I thought at some point the squeeze play might have been in order. Alas, no, Narron lets them hack away every time. But, I can't remember the last time I saw the Reds pull it off. I have seen others do it against the Reds, but not our guys. Anyone help me out here?

Reds are just to good to squeeze bunt.

;)

:laugh:

Newman4
05-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Apparently Bucky Dent doesn't like to squeeze either. RA up with Freel on 3rd less than two outs. No squeeze. The saga continues.