PDA

View Full Version : Milton looks strong...

thatcoolguy_22
05-27-2006, 02:39 AM
8.0 IP 3H 1ER.... not too shabby even if it is against the poor hitting dbacks...

RadfordVA
05-27-2006, 05:12 AM
8.0 IP 3H 1ER.... not too shabby even if it is against the poor hitting dbacks...

Actually the poor hitting dbacks have the highest team average in the NL. So he was not just picking on a team that cant hit. If you watced the game you could see he was not just getting results his stuff actually looked good. His fast ball looked as good as I have seen it. He actually hit 92 a couple times which I think is the highest I have seen it. His efficiency was great too. He was going right at the hitters. I dont know where he got the confidence from, maybe he acquired selective amnesia and forgot how hitters have been violating him the last 5 years. Keep it up Milton. Maybe they should make Valentin his personal catcher. I'm sure Larue would like that.

GAC
05-27-2006, 05:49 AM
1 start does not prove anything.

Lets see after several more.

lollipopcurve
05-27-2006, 08:07 AM
He pitched very well. I thought his breaking ball looked harder than ever. Seems to me his curveball last year was pretty slow and loopy. For some reason, his breaking ball last night resembled a slider, harder and more horizontal. Anybody else have the same impression?

Heath
05-27-2006, 08:14 AM
1 start does not prove anything.

Lets see after several more.

He had a couple of nice starts after spring training and the knee would be more sore after a few more outings where he got 'obliterated'. I'm with GAC on this one - Let's wait and see if the "Old Milton" resurfaces.

Ltlabner
05-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I just posted on a simular topic in another thread. That post was more indepth. Overall, I'm not ready to guy buy a Milton jersey as his track record is spotty at best. However, unless we DFA him and eat $9m I think we are stuck with him so hopefully he can produce at a decent level and not be the millstone he was in 2005.

RedlegJake
05-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm for the 'wait and see' mode, too, but I will admit 3 of 4 starts being pretty darn good is very encouraging. If Milton pitches consistently like last night, the Reds suddenly have a pretty darn good rotation. Now get some BP help!

KronoRed
05-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Shine him up and deal him off, his knee will keep being a problem.