PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Guillen rant after Sat. game...just what we need!

George Foster
05-28-2006, 12:42 AM
It was refreshing to see somebody show some emotion after a bad loss. If you did not get to hear Guillen's rant on ESPN tonight, try and see it on Sunday morning sportscenter. Here is the cleaned up version of the rant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260527114

MrCinatit
05-28-2006, 12:57 AM
This is the exact type of management style this ballclub needs. I have been saying it for a while: this team needs a passionate manager, one who will scare the pants off of these kids when they need it, one who will "give them a hug" when they need it.
Unfortunately, the laid back style seems to have been all-to embraced by our recent managers. Our players seem too prone to stupid mistakes (errant throws, being picked off, not moving the runner on third with less than two outs).
Frankly, we get rid of Narron, and replace him with a more passionate manager, this team could turn it around. Yeah, I hate to see a guy lose his job - but I do not think Narron is the right man for this job.

Guacarock
05-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Can't you hear the jungle drums? If Leyland can do it in Detroit, then Cincy ought to be a pushover for Sweet Lou!!!

Strikes Out Looking
05-28-2006, 10:41 AM
amen

Yachtzee
05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Lollygaggers!

pedro
05-28-2006, 04:50 PM
I think he makes a fool out of himself.

Raisor
05-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I've never been in favor of screaming at employees. Does more harm then good imo.

KronoRed
05-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I think he makes a fool out of himself.
I agree but he'll be called a "great manager" till they tank out of the playoffs.

pedro
05-28-2006, 06:20 PM
I've never been in favor of screaming at employees. Does more harm then good imo.

especially in public.

Ozzie's going to burn out quick IMO.

harangatang
05-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I think we got our boost by Narron getting tossed today.

Raisor
05-28-2006, 07:08 PM

I think Narron being in the clubhouse during the game can only help the club.

KronoRed
05-28-2006, 07:09 PM
I think Narron being in the clubhouse during the game can only help the club.
You trust Dent?

captainmorgan07
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
sometimes managers just need to fire up clubs basketball coaches do it by getting a t managers do it by calling out there team or getting booted out of a game

OldRightHander
05-28-2006, 09:23 PM

When was the last time we saw that much emotion out of Baseball Guy?

harangatang
05-28-2006, 11:52 PM
When was the last time we saw that much emotion out of Baseball Guy?

Exactly.

Chip R
05-28-2006, 11:57 PM
I like Ozzie. He'll probably get fired in a few years for having a big mouth but he is getting results. I especially like his feelings about his cross-town rivals. :lol;

cincinnati chili
05-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Someone on this board (Chip?) once said that Ozzie's mouth will eventually get him fired. I agree. But unless I missed something, this particular rant seems pretty benign.

TRF
05-30-2006, 11:39 AM

No offense intended, but that is a black/white arguement.

When I was a television director, there were times when a good yell-fest woke up my crew. People tend to drift towards complacency. That leads to mental mistakes.

Now if it were a regular occurance then I would agree. It would be yelling for the sake of yelling. But even adults need to be shocked every now and then.

westofyou
05-30-2006, 11:55 AM
Someone on this board (Chip?) once said that Ozzie's mouth will eventually get him fired. I agree. But unless I missed something, this particular rant seems pretty benign.
It was, youir team loses and extra inning game on a HR and your pitcher made one of the errors that bother you yet you scream like a dad whose dinner wasn't on the table at 5:30.

I went through the game log and it's hardly like the WS were the bad news bears in that game.

Short, fierce flames burn out quickly... Dallas Green much?