PDA

View Full Version : TBS Announcers calling out ESPN

StillFunkyB
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I was just flipping through, and the Braves and Cubs are in the 9th and the TBS announcers were talking about Bonds, and ESPN.

They said "If ESPN is going to cover Major League Baseball, then they should cover it, not make it."

Just thought I would share.

Newman4
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Braves have hit 8 HR but are going to extra innings tied 12-12.

NastyBoy
05-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Is the wind blowing out to center? Lets hope it continues tomorrow.:p:

TOBTTReds
05-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Tony Womack is 4-6 with an rbi today!:dunno:

harangatang
05-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Tony Womack is 4-6 with an rbi today!:dunno:Even the worst can have a good day every now and then.

Newman4
05-28-2006, 05:45 PM
Tony Womack is 4-6 with an rbi today!:dunno:

The sun shines on every dog's ........:)

Highlifeman21
05-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I was just flipping through, and the Braves and Cubs are in the 9th and the TBS announcers were talking about Bonds, and ESPN.

They said "If ESPN is going to cover Major League Baseball, then they should cover it, not make it."

Just thought I would share.

Then I guess that explains why they canned Bonds on Bonds.

I know everyone loves to bash ESPN, but TBS has some of the most biased announcers around.

ESPN does a fine job covering games, although I could personally do without Joe Morgan.

Caveat Emperor
05-28-2006, 06:08 PM
ESPN makes the news in the sports world as opposed to covering it?

Wow.

Maybe if they really want to take a stand on TBS, they should also try "Breaking news: water is wet."

Raisor
05-28-2006, 06:11 PM
Then I guess that explains why they canned Bonds on Bonds.

I know everyone loves to bash ESPN, but TBS has some of the most biased announcers around.

They may be "biased" but as a group they're the best announcing team in the business.

I couldn't care less about the Braves, but I'll listen to Skip, Chip, Joe, Don, and Pete anytime.

captainmorgan07
05-28-2006, 06:18 PM
they are very biased and very good at what they do also they haev good color guys and good commentators to go along with it it's always fun to see skip and chip do the game together each has there own flavor

traderumor
05-28-2006, 06:20 PM
They may be "biased" but as a group they're the best announcing team in the business.

I couldn't care less about the Braves, but I'll listen to Skip, Chip, Joe, Don, and Pete anytime.Even when Chip is going on and on about the team striking out 17 times in a game that they've hit 8 homers, and without taking a breath mentions that 7 of them were solo? Yes, you heard that right, the Braves hit 8 homers and their announcer is complaining about how many times they struck out in the game

KYRedsFan
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Is the wind blowing out to center? Lets hope it continues tomorrow.:p:

Yup, straight out. same winds forecast for tomorrow, and the heat is on. Dunn and Jr. hopefully have a big day vs Wood.

dabvu2498
05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Yup, straight out. same winds forecast for tomorrow, and the heat is on. Dunn and Jr. hopefully have a big day vs Wood.
Why is it though that when we anticipate those things, they never happen. (Except maybe finally beating Roy Oswalt this year.)

TeamBoone
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
ESPN makes the news in the sports world as opposed to covering it?

Wow.

Sometimes they kinda do. They'll take something (usually something unimportant) and twist it ten times to Sunday until it becomes news... especially if it has to do with Boston or New York (Yankees).

Or they'll add their often misguided inuendo to something and end up blowing it out of proportion.

Outshined_One
05-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Speaking as some one who's had to suffer through him for a number of seasons, Chip Caray is just horrible. He's decent when it comes to exciting calls, but beyond that, I can't stand the man.

It's been unbelievably hot in Chicago lately. I believe today we fell one degree short of the record. The humidity has been pretty bad, too. It's supposed to be like this for the next few days, although gradually cooling down with showers happening every now and again.

scounts22
05-28-2006, 07:27 PM
So the TBS announcers are biased...what's wrong with that? It seems there are some people that wish our announcers were a little more excited about the Reds instead of giving us "Sir Albert" updates or not being "a true Reds fan". Just sayin.

Falls City Beer
05-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Chip Caray is a turd. And his old man is a dour, homerish frump.

However, Pete and Don are an excellent duo, IMO.

oregonred
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Chip Caray is a turd. And his old man is a dour, homerish frump

Ouch!! Guess you aren't on the Caray Annual Christmas Card list anymore. :laugh:

Falls City Beer
05-28-2006, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Falls City Beer]Chip Caray is a turd. And his old man is a dour, homerish frump.
QUOTE]

Ouch!! Guess you aren't on the Carey Annual Christmas Card list anymore. :laugh:

Honestly, I don't even see what all the fuss was about the old man, Harry. And yes, I remember pre-stroke Harry.

Jack Buck, yes. Waite Hoyt, yes. Jon Miller, yes. Vin Scully, yes. The Carays? Not so much.

red-in-la
05-28-2006, 07:49 PM
FCB, could you come up with better adjectives?

Outshined_One
05-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I don't even see what all the fuss was about the old man, Harry. And yes, I remember pre-stroke Harry.

While he was a homer, he'd call out his team for playing terribly. He was also amusing whenever he got sufficiently liquored up as the game went on. Another thing that's worth noting about Harry was that, while he bickered with players and management wherever he went, he always stuck up for the fans. He was a classy guy when it came to interacting with the fans, from everything I remember.

Falls City Beer
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
While he was a homer, he'd call out his team for playing terribly. He was also amusing whenever he got sufficiently liquored up as the game went on. Another thing that's worth noting about Harry was that, while he bickered with players and management wherever he went, he always stuck up for the fans. He was a classy guy when it came to interacting with the fans, from everything I remember.

I didn't dislike Harry. I just don't think he should be mentioned in the same breath as a guy like Jack Buck, IMO.

But his offspring I actively loathe. They're awful.

Outshined_One
05-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I didn't dislike Harry. I just don't think he should be mentioned in the same breath as a guy like Jack Buck, IMO.

But his offspring I actively loathe. They're awful.

So who's the worse member of the Lucky Sperm Club:

Joe Buck or Chip Caray? :thumbdown

StillFunkyB
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Sometimes they kinda do. They'll take something (usually something unimportant) and twist it ten times to Sunday until it becomes news... especially if it has to do with Boston or New York (Yankees).

Or they'll add their often misguided inuendo to something and end up blowing it out of proportion.

Exactly TB.

Unassisted
05-29-2006, 11:38 AM
By calling out ESPN, they're only adding to its cachet. I prefer to ignore it, in hope that it will go away.

The a la carte cable legislation going before Congress has real potential to make some of the ESPN networks go away.