PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Boone leaves game with Concussion

Unassisted
05-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Aaron certainly has had his share of hard-luck injuries.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/2010AP_BBA_Indians_Boone.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/art/spacer.gif Aaron Boone leaves game with concussion

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

CLEVELAND -- Indians third baseman Aaron Boone was forced to leave the game Monday with a mild concussion after he tumbled headfirst into the photographer's area while chasing a flyball.

The 33-year-old Boone was taken to Lutheran Medican Center for examination.

The foul pop hit by Chicago's Juan Uribe in the third inning glanced off the edge of the dugout as Boone teetered on a railing for an instant before falling head over heels onto the concrete.

Boone's teammates gathered around him and play was stopped for several minutes while trainer Lonnie Soloff attended to Boone, who eventually got up and walked to the dugout. He was rubbing the left side of his head and wasn't bleeding.

Caseyfan21
05-29-2006, 09:30 PM
I hope he gets better. The ironic thing was that I was just watching this game on the rerun and this happened probably 5 minutes ago.

captainmorgan07
05-29-2006, 10:10 PM
he hit it pretty hard i watched the highlights none of the camera guys helped him out they just stared at him

TeamBoone
05-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh no! I still just love Aaron Boone. Didn't he do something similar when he was with the Reds? Guy's always getting hurt while playing hard.

He's putting together a solid season so far; hopefully this doesn't sideline him for long.

he hit it pretty hard i watched the highlights none of the camera guys helped him out they just stared at him

Well, that stinks.

George Foster
05-29-2006, 11:07 PM
He's gritty, he will be fine. Do you Remember him getting hit in the face by a pitcher? I think it was in 01. It broke the bill of his batting helmet before it hit him in the face. It was the most violent hits batsmen I've ever seen. He was rolling around and screaming, you could here him on TV. It made me sick.

TeamBoone
05-30-2006, 01:41 AM
He's gritty, he will be fine. Do you Remember him getting hit in the face by a pitcher? I think it was in 01. It broke the bill of his batting helmet before it hit him in the face. It was the most violent hits batsmen I've ever seen. He was rolling around and screaming, you could here him on TV. It made me sick.

Yes, I do. It was absolutely horrible; I don't think I was breathing at the time.

creek14
05-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Those cameramen did the right thing. He could have had a neck injury. They were right not to move him, they could have done some serious damage. Leave the treatment to the medical people.

top6
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I was driving and listening to this game on the radio. Sounded like he got up, and for a second acted like he was going to keep playing! Good old Boone, he really is a gamer.

(As an aside, though, he was batting 9th?!?!? Is he struggling that much this year?)

TeamBoone
05-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Those cameramen did the right thing. He could have had a neck injury. They were right not to move him, they could have done some serious damage. Leave the treatment to the medical people.

Not sure what the poster meant, but I wasn't alluding to any type of medical treatment or moving an injured player. My less than clearly stated interpretation was that they could have helped break his fall. I've often see them try to do that in the past.

(As an aside, though, he was batting 9th?!?!? Is he struggling that much this year?)

Not really:

BA .278; OPS .352; 20 RBI.

Sweetstop
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I, too, was listening to the Sox-Tribe game (Go Sox!) on a return trip from Chicago and heard the whole thing. Poor Aaron! My favorite Boone!

creek14
05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Not sure what the poster meant

Well, I wasn't really adressing you, I was just making a comment. And I have a screen name, although I am now thinking of changing it to *The Poster*.

zombie-a-go-go
05-31-2006, 09:20 AM
Was it a baseball game or basketball game? ;)

TeamBoone
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, I wasn't really adressing you, I was just making a comment. And I have a screen name, although I am now thinking of changing it to *The Poster*.

Actually, by saying "the poster" I wasn't addressing you either... it was Captain Morgain (now that I went back to check). I didn't check at the time, merely commenting off the top of my head regarding his/her comment about the cameramen merely staring instead of perhaps trying to break his fall. What I was trying to say, not clearly obviously, was that I think that's what CM was alluding to rather than in any way suggesting they move him after he fell.

I quoted your post only to reference the medical treatment comment... that's it. No conspiracy.