PDA

View Full Version : Sean Casey returns in a big way..

FlyingPig
05-29-2006, 09:20 PM
First game back (in the 7th inning) he's 3 for 4 against the Brewers, with a double and 3 RBI's and 2 runs scored...

Welcome back to the game, Mayor...

:)

George Foster
05-29-2006, 09:55 PM
First game back (in the 7th inning) he's 3 for 4 against the Brewers, with a double and 3 RBI's and 2 runs scored...

Welcome back to the game, Mayor...

:)

Good for him. He will always be a "Red."

Heath
05-29-2006, 10:03 PM

Careful, you might get your wish :D

George Foster
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Careful, you might get your wish :D

Next year for 1 Million, with an option for the 08.:thumbup:

WebScorpion
05-30-2006, 12:17 AM
I always wondered if DanO even approached Sean about restructuring his deal. If that trade was for anything besides the money, it was plain stupid from any perspective. We needed pitching help, not another 5th starter/AAAA type pitcher. At least with Milton, you can argue that you're expecting a year like his good years ... with Williams there were never any good years to base any expectations on. Anyway, it would be poetic justice if Krivsky could bring The Mayor back to Cincy for a reasonable price and make a Series run in '07.

KronoRed
05-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't think the union allows restructured deals that make it for less money, no matter what the player wants

redsfan4445
05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Casey stated he would take less money to stay a Red.. so I dont think he was even asked, just Dan-O getting rid of salary... to bad he didnt snag a better pitcher for Casey.. I honestly think Casey will be back...even though i was hoping we would get a better defensive OF and move Dunn to 1st.

TeamBoone
05-30-2006, 12:39 AM
I always wondered if DanO even approached Sean about restructuring his deal.

I don't think so, because according to the media, Casey was shocked by the 3-minute phone call.

That really is true... in his heart and mine at least.