PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Marlins/Giants game today (5/29)

StillFunkyB
05-29-2006, 11:41 PM
So this morning I decided to drive across Alligator Alley (I-75 thru the Everglades) just because this is the first time I have ever been to Florida...

Then I thought I should get tickets to the Marlins game..

Well, it's been a very, very long time since I have been to a game where you could hear the catchers mitt pop from the outfield. I was at a few Indians games at old Cleveland Muni that only had 6-7 thousand fans, and that is when Candy Maldonado was their clean-up hitter.

ESPN reported there were 7600 people at the game. I would say it didn't even feel like it was that many.

I liked the fact that when I parked outside the stadium there were quite a few people tailgating. I thought it was odd to see at a baseball game, especially the Marlins, but it was pretty cool.

They really need to build a new stadium for the Marlins. I had good seats out in the RF gap, and the scoreboard was nice and big, but it's a football stadium, and it feels like one. I guess I should read up on the reasons why, because I can't understand why they can't get a stadium deal done. They built an arena for a hockey team, and it's in Sunrise which is out in the middle of nowhere on the edges of the Everglades.

Now what was strange was that there were alot of people actually cheering for Bonds. Don't get me wrong, you could hear the boo's, but I found it surprising to hear that many people actually applauding him.

Flub fan idiots are everywhere. There was this Cubs fan there, with his face painted with the Cubs logo covering his entire face. He also had a crossed out syringe painted on his chest. I really wanted to say, you know the Cubs aren't anywhere near here, but I didn't feel like getting in a fight.

Why is it that I always sit next to people that seem like they know NOTHING about baseball. There were these Braves fans in front of me, a guy and his wife/gf, and I think the woman's mother. The ladies were fine, didn't really talk much, but this guy kept saying something about Bonds not moving on flyballs. The first one was hit to straight away CF, and he's going off about Barry not even moving. The second time I really wanted to say something because the ball was hit to the RF side of CF, almost in the gap, and he was going off again about Bonds not moving.

Anyway, it was fun to go to yet another stadium. Up next is Yankee stadium, and Shea. That should be fun! :)

Heath
05-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Anyway, it was fun to go to yet another stadium. Up next is Yankee stadium, and Shea. That should be fun! :)

Its much better than Miami :D

Hint - Take the Subway! - The 7 takes you to Shea (dumps you in right field) and the 4 takes you to 161/Yankee Stadium - its a walk of a block or two.

StillFunkyB
05-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Its much better than Miami :D

Hint - Take the Subway! - The 7 takes you to Shea (dumps you in right field) and the 4 takes you to 161/Yankee Stadium - its a walk of a block or two.

Well, I have been to NY several times. Never went to a game, however.

If I had to choose where I was going between those two, I would choose Miami. :)