PDA

View Full Version : Roster shake-up today?

Mainspark
05-31-2006, 02:10 AM
From Marc Lancaster's blog:

CHICAGO -- The postgame atmosphere in the Reds' clubhouse was awfully tense. Those guys know at least one move has to be made tomorrow, and Rick White and Brian Shackelford in particular didn't do themselves any favors tonight.

Bob Castellini was at the game, having flown in this afternoon, and he did not look real pleased when John Fay and I encountered him walking through the stands on our way to the clubhouse. Also, Wayne Krivsky was reportedly on the phone to Jerry Narron shortly after the game ended.

All that said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are multiple moves made Wednesday. I don't think it'll measure up to the San Juan massacre of April '03, which saw the legendary Jimmy Anderson and Josias Manzanillo DFA'd and Brandon Larson optioned out, but it just feels like something bigger than simply optioning out Shackelford, for instance, needs to be done.

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

In the meantime, some good news for one of the blog's favorite guys. The Mets have signed Jacob Cruz to a minor league deal and sent him to extended spring training. I'm sure he'll be joining Dave Williams in Norfolk before too long.

reds44
05-31-2006, 02:12 AM
Good. I like these guys, they don't wait until we are 15 under to shake things up.

cincyinco
05-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Good. I like these guys, they don't wait until we are 15 under to shake things up.

And by that same token I think they've given White and Shack a more than fair chance to stick with the club too.

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Have to go down to AA to find anything that might be close to helping

reds44
05-31-2006, 02:17 AM
And by that same token I think they've given White and Shack a more than fair chance to stick with the club too.
Yes I agree, and I was probably the most vocal about wanting Shack up here in the 1st place.

Sorry guys with 7 ERA's in June don't cut it.

reds44
05-31-2006, 02:18 AM
Have to go down to AA to find anything that might be close to helping
Get them out of the moutains then and bring them to the Windy City.

And the same time Deno needs to get up here and playing also. Guys that actually put the ball in play is something this team needs.

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 02:18 AM
Can Denorfia pitch? :D

Patrick Bateman
05-31-2006, 02:19 AM
Brad Salmon in AAA may be of some help. He's only pitched a bit there, but he's done well.

cincyinco
05-31-2006, 02:22 AM
Brad Salmon in AAA may be of some help. He's only pitched a bit there, but he's done well.

I think he'll need to prove himself a bit more, but I like the results so far..

Don't we also have a converted catcher throwing relief who's doing well? Not sure the name.. maybe its Salmon.. maybe its that Coutlingus guy... help me out here.

In any case, these guys are just as big of question marks if you bring them up... I'm not sure they're the answer. Then again, I'm not sure Esteban Yan is either.

Patrick Bateman
05-31-2006, 02:27 AM
The guy you are thinking of is Jon Coutlangus. He's in AA and pitching very well. Also, David Schafer and Carlos Guevera have been solid in that level and may be better than what we have.

I also thing Phil Dumatrait would be an upgrade over Shack in the LOOGY role right now.

TOBTTReds
05-31-2006, 02:27 AM
Can Denorfia pitch? :D

That would have been more than appropriate the last few years....sadly, despite tonight, our pitching hasn't been THE WORST of the teams problems.

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 02:29 AM
The real problems are the pen, the slumping O (that should come around) and terrible D

The D can be improved if a few players were moved to more natural sports, short of that I don't see what can be done with it.

Pitching at least..we can bring in some new arms

reds44
05-31-2006, 02:36 AM
The real problems are the pen, the slumping O (that should come around) and terrible D

The D can be improved if a few players were moved to more natural sports, short of that I don't see what can be done with it.

Pitching at least..we can bring in some new arms
I really don't think an entire team goes in a slump for a month

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 02:37 AM
I doubt they all just forgot how to hit, they will come around, have to play them, no other options in the minors other then SuperDeno

reds44
05-31-2006, 02:42 AM
I doubt they all just forgot how to hit, they will come around, have to play them, no other options in the minors other then SuperDeno
It is a problem when you have nothing in the minors besides 1 guy. It needs to be fixed by those 2 dreaded words. fire sale.

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 02:44 AM
I doubt they firesale this early, but I agree it's the best move for long term success

TeamBoone
05-31-2006, 03:04 AM
I hope they don't pick one over the other; I truly think BOTH should go down (does white have options?).

I'm a bit worried about EE; Narron looked really angry after that "from the knees" throwing error. I'm really hoping he doesn't send him down.

Myself? I wasn't impressed at all by Javy's throw into left field... a throwing error is one thing, but wow! He wasn't even close to 3B and, instead, practically dumped it into Dunn's glove.

Caveat Emperor
05-31-2006, 04:37 AM

Krivsky has already gone on record (at some point, I forget where I saw or heard it) that he isn't generally in favor of prospects skipping levels in the minor leages -- so I'm fairly certain that doesn't bode well for calling direct help up from AA.

Besides that, who on this AAA staff do you really want? I'm of the mind that the two guys already here from Louisville (Ramirez and Germano) are garbage to begin with:

W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR HB BB SO WHIP HLD GF
Chris Michalak 4 2 3.88 10 9 0 0 0 51.0 54 28 22 11 7 9 21 1.24 0 0
Mike Gosling 4 4 4.34 9 9 0 0 0 47.2 47 27 23 4 1 27 32 1.55 0 0
Darrell May 3 3 3.86 8 8 0 0 0 46.2 41 20 20 6 1 13 37 1.16 0 0
Josh Hall 1 3 4.97 6 6 0 0 0 29.0 31 19 16 3 3 14 16 1.55 0 0
Tom Shearn 1 0 2.16 12 2 0 0 0 25.0 25 8 6 3 1 13 25 1.52 1 1
J. Standridge 1 2 2.92 22 0 0 0 0 24.2 22 9 8 2 1 11 22 1.34 4 6
Ryan Wagner 0 2 6.26 21 0 0 0 1 23.0 33 17 16 3 0 10 19 1.87 3 8
Scott Chiasson 0 2 3.92 20 0 0 0 4 20.2 18 10 9 3 0 11 18 1.40 2 14
Mike Burns 1 0 1.53 11 0 0 0 0 17.2 13 3 3 1 0 2 21 0.85 2 1
Jake Robbins 0 0 3.94 18 0 0 0 2 16.0 24 9 7 1 2 6 17 1.88 3 9
Joe Mays 1 1 5.25 2 2 0 0 0 12.0 13 7 7 0 0 5 9 1.50 0 0
Mike Venafro 0 0 3.00 20 0 0 0 0 12.0 11 4 4 0 1 5 8 1.33 3 4
Ben Kozlowski 0 2 12.54 7 0 0 0 0 9.1 23 13 13 1 0 3 3 2.79 1 1
Brad Salmon 1 0 0.00 4 0 0 0 0 6.2 3 0 0 0 0 1 10 0.60 0 1

There's not a player on that Bats pitching squad that has a future as anything other than a September callup or minor league roster fodder. The best numbers on here belong to Mike Burns, and we're all very aware of how well that performance translate out at the big league level. Or, maybe we're ready for the Jason Standridge Experience v. 2006? Not pretty down there.

They can keep shaking the roster all they want -- there's nobody to help for the reaminder of the year unless they dip down to AA and overpromote someone.

Moosie52
05-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think Krivsky created part of this mess by bringing in a third catcher and keeping all three. It's one thing to be traded, it's another to have to sit there and watch your job being done by two other guys. Also, not finding an everyday position for Ryan Freel was a huge mistake. Here are two guys, LaRue and Freel, who give everything they have all the time, and the team disrespects both of them. I'd be pissed, I'm sure both of the are.

smith288
05-31-2006, 09:53 AM
This lineup went from most fearsome to a clueless bunch of minorleaguers in less than a month. The pitching sucked, we all knew that but what is with this team's inconsistency and its inane tendency to weakly ground out to 2nd?

smith288
05-31-2006, 09:55 AM
If Freel is the answer, I don't want to know the question. No Offense.

LincolnparkRed
05-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Personally I think it is time for Javy to go. He cannot make a throw to third. Not just tonight either he did the same thing last time Claussen pitched at wrigley (3 steals that day). His approach at the plate is to uppercut every swing, the only time he hits the ball on the ground is when he tops one. He and Kearns have the same swing Kearns just gets more out of it. I think the three headed catching monster needs to be put down for good. So what if Ross is a dead pull hitter he has already outproduced Valentin in fewer ab's and might actually be a decent platoon with Larue. You still have Griffey, Dunn and Lopez from the left side so what do you really lose by ditching Javy?

flyer85
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Freel was really bad and looked like his head was somewhere else last night.
- bounced throw from 40 feet
- late covering the bag on the bunt
- popped a 1-0 pitch leading off against Novoa, a pitcher with very poor control

I don't know what may happen but Narron had a really POed looked most of the night and it only got worse as the night wore on.

I have no idea what might be coming but I wouldn't be surprised by 2-3 changes in personnel

traderumor
05-31-2006, 10:33 AM
This lineup went from most fearsome to a clueless bunch of minorleaguers in less than a month. The pitching sucked, we all knew that but what is with this team's inconsistency and its inane tendency to weakly ground out to 2nd?Yes, the scouting report is out, throw strikes. They don't have to be good strikes, just throw strikes. No need to nibble, they can identify and take a ball. Just pump in strikes and watch them take, the bats miss or weak contact when they do connect.

redsfan30
05-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think Krivsky created part of this mess by bringing in a third catcher and keeping all three. It's one thing to be traded, it's another to have to sit there and watch your job being done by two other guys. Also, not finding an everyday position for Ryan Freel was a huge mistake. Here are two guys, LaRue and Freel, who give everything they have all the time, and the team disrespects both of them. I'd be pissed, I'm sure both of the are.
Ryan Freel proved he needs consistant days off when he played day in and day out in the absence of Junior. He was flat out awful. Now that he's back to getting good rest, he's been more effective recently.

I agree, though, that three catchers is not a good thing.

Kc61
05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Freel was really bad and looked like his head was somewhere else last night.
- bounced throw from 40 feet
- late covering the bag on the bunt
- popped a 1-0 pitch leading off against Novoa, a pitcher with very poor control

I don't know what may happen but Narron had a really POed looked most of the night and it only got worse as the night wore on.

I have no idea what might be coming but I wouldn't be surprised by 2-3 changes in personnel

Freel is being badly misused. He is not a second baseman. He should be a fourth outfielder, period. Using him once in a while at second is the worst possible thing because he never gets comfortable at the position.

If he is not good enough defensively to play second -- which he isn't -- then he should not play second. Bring up Olmedo to fill in for Phillips.

flyer85
05-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Freel is being badly misused. He is not a second baseman. I'm not a 2nd baseman either but I can make a 40 foot throw and cover first base on a bunt. I don't know if he is unhappy with his changed role and that is causing the problem but something is going on. Mental lapses and his aggressive hitting approach is just making things worse.

realreds1
05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Anyone else believe the rain caused some problems last night? Claussen lost his focus. Freel and Valentin lost their grips (literally). I wouldn't be surprised if Claussen has just about pitched his way out of the rotation. As for the Freel comments, I'm going to assume it was a lack of focus combined with the weather. It seems like Freel is playing distracted. Maybe it's time for a change of scenery...

Krusty
05-31-2006, 11:57 AM
This team has sucked the past two weeks in all aspects of the game. A shakeup is over due.

flyer85
05-31-2006, 11:59 AM
I don't think the rsoter moves other than Yan will happen today. I would think they would come on the off day but who knows how peeved the FO really might be.

realreds1
05-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Question is... who gets shaken up? I mean, pick a position player. Not many of them have been stellar as of late. Kearns has been dynamite. Griffey has looked good. As for the others? It's been shaky at best.

pedro
05-31-2006, 12:08 PM
The Reds have a harder time with rain than the witch from the wizard of oz.

redsfan30
05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Anyone else believe the rain caused some problems last night? Claussen lost his focus. Freel and Valentin lost their grips (literally). I wouldn't be surprised if Claussen has just about pitched his way out of the rotation. As for the Freel comments, I'm going to assume it was a lack of focus combined with the weather. It seems like Freel is playing distracted. Maybe it's time for a change of scenery...
The Cubs had to deal with the delay as well, and it sure didn't effect them.

BRM
05-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Per Marc

CHICAGO -- Sometimes, just like you guys, we can get on a roll and start talking ourselves into things we think might or should happen to the point that they take on lives of their own.

Haven't heard anything official yet, but at this point I'm expecting only a relatively simple move to be made today. My money would be on Shackelford being optioned back.

Strikes Out Looking
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
My two cents: Some coaching changes as well. While they aren't the ones attempting to pitch, catch and hit, they are the easiest to change around.

TRF
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
I get the feeling Wayne K has a bit of the fantasy baseball GM in him. He's made a lot of moves since ST, but Yan is a head scratcher for me, as was Cody Ross. Carrying three catchers is odd at best. Defensively, BP was a great pickup, but offensively that crest he rode into town has fallen a bit.

But the pen outside of Coffey and lately Hammond is attrocious. Is Yan an upgrade? not really. But who might be available that is? The Reds got Yan for two cans of Foldgers Coffee, and a dozen bagels. It stands to reason that real help might just cost a tad more.

registerthis
05-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Defensively, BP was a great pickup, but offensively that crest he rode into town has fallen a bit.

I don't think anyone expected him to maintain the pace he set his first week, but he's hitting .309 and OPS'ing 800. He's hitting .424 in his last 10 games. Offense from Brandon certainly hasn't been a problem, at least not to this point.

MartyFan
05-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I'd say...the following moves will be made soon

Kearns, Freel and Javy traded for a true ACE/ACE Potential.
Deno brought up.
Chambliss sent packing.
White, Shack DFA'd
Claussen to the BP

smith288
05-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Chambliss was a folk hero just last month.

I don't think the hitting woes are his fault. I just dont think the players are adjusting for squat.

I can't imagine Chambliss is sitting there clueless to the trends that we all see.

schroomytunes
05-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Here are the moves that I expect will happen:

1)Valentin and Ryan Wagner will be moved to Colorado for Ray King and a AA prospect.

2) White will be DFa'd to make room for Yan

MartyFan
05-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Chambliss was a folk hero just last month.

I don't think the hitting woes are his fault. I just dont think the players are adjusting for squat.

I can't imagine Chambliss is sitting there clueless to the trends that we all see.

I get that...but I am also seeing that the plate discipline has gone out the window...the team is not scoring runs and we have lost three (I think that is right) by shutout....any other ideas?

pedro
05-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Maybe Roy is on to something about advance scouting.

I wonder who the Reds advance scouts are and if they are really doing that good a job.

smith288
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
I get that...but I am also seeing that the plate discipline has gone out the window...the team is not scoring runs and we have lost three (I think that is right) by shutout....any other ideas?
Perhaps old habits die hard? Working the counts is no longer working to our favor.

Caveat Emperor
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM

I wonder who the Reds advance scouts are and if they are really doing that good a job.

I definately think that opposing teams have adjusted to the Reds. They're pounding the zone with strikes and forcing the Reds to put the baseball in play earlier in the count. The team's walk rate has decreased from .122 BB/PA to to .093 BB/PA. That's contributed to a difference of .40 in OBP from May to April.

Pitchers have adjusted as a function of scouting by Reds opponents -- and now it's up to Reds hitters to make the next adjustment to get the offense back on track. The Reds need to go to school on these new strategies and get back ahead of the curve.

M2
05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Getting hitters to be more patient is probably tricky work. After all, you don't want them laying off good pitches to hit, that's a big part of being patient in the first place, so you get that pitch. You want them to be alert, not passive so it's not as easy as just saying, "Take more pitches."

reds44
05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Update: Was in the hotel elevator with a player earlier and he said, "They going to make any moves today?" So I feel at least a little more confident that I'm not just paranoid. I got the feeling in the clubhouse last night that the players were expecting some sort of activity.
That is from Marc's blog.

Interesting

westofyou
05-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Dave Pinto mentions the Reds offensive woes.

http://www.baseballmusings.com

Reds Demise

The Cincinnati Reds fall from grace started on May 12th. In that time they've gone 5-12. After such a good start, the regression might not surprise you, but the reason should. The pitching and defense during this stretch gave up 91 runs, 5.3 per game. But the Reds offense is capable of covering that, at least to stay at a .500 level. It's the offense that's really collasped, scoring just 69 runs, 4.1 per game. And that's actually generous. The Reds scored 4 runs or less in eleven of these 17 games and lost every one of those contests, including four shutouts. You can place most of the blame on Kearns, Griffey and Encarnacion. (http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/CompareInfo.py?StartDate=05%2F12%2F2006&EndDate=05%2F30%2F2006&GameType=all&PlayedFor=18&PlayedVs=0&Park=0&SortField=Case+When+AtBats%2BWalks%2BHitByPitch%2B SacrificeFlies+%3E+0+Then+%28Hits%2BWalks%2BHitbyP itch%29%2F%28AtBats%2BWalks%2BHitByPitch%2BSacrifi ceFlies%29+ELSE+0.0+END&SortDir=desc&MinPA=10)

BRM
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Aurilia, Larue, and Valentin have stunk during that stretch as well, although with fewer plate appearances.

princeton
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
we take one step in, we take four steps back, we take one step in....

but we're not shaking things all about

that's why there's no moves. We can't even do the hokey pokey right.

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Aurilia, Larue, and Valentin have stunk during that stretch as well, although with fewer plate appearances.
But they get a "stink for free" card for being vets, I'm really afraid EE is close to be sent down because he's not tearing the cover off the ball.

Oh and 3 catchers was a bad idea, always has been.

flyer85
05-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Dave Pinto mentions the Reds offensive woes.interesting that if you looked at traditional counting statistics you would reach the opposite conclusion about the culprits.

flyer85
05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm really afraid EE is close to be sent down because he's not tearing the cover off the ball.The thought crossed my mind today that they might turn 3B over to Aurilia and send EE out.

westofyou
05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
interesting that if you looked at traditional counting statistics you would reach the opposite conclusion about the culprits.
The players fate can be found in the rate.

pedro
05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
The thought crossed my mind today that they might turn 3B over to Aurilia and send EE out.

I thought some of the same thing, but for defensive reasons.

It really would be a shame though. Here are his projected stats for the year.

SPLIT G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLG

Projected 157 561 87 147 50 3 20 100 0 .262 .361 .470

not too shabby IMO.

NJReds
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Thank god the rest of the division also has been slumping somewhat of late. Otherwise, this team (and this board) would really be in bad shape.

registerthis
05-31-2006, 05:51 PM
not too shabby IMO.

When's the last time we had that kind of production at third? Sabo?

westofyou
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Willie Greene

pedro
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM

willie greene 1997.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/greenwi01.shtml

KronoRed
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Must play for the future, that means putting EE at 3rd to work his D troubles out.

Falls City Beer
05-31-2006, 06:29 PM
I am becoming more and more of a Robert Castellini fan with each passing press clip.

I adore that he is furious at this team and that, hopefully, he is breathing down Krivsky's neck constantly to improve the MLB product.

The fans of the Cincinnati Reds deserve nothing, nothing, nothing at all less.

I hope tons of heads roll and that winning happens RIGHT NOW. I bloody demand it.

BRM
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Must play for the future, that means putting EE at 3rd to work his D troubles out.

Besides that, I fail to see how making RA an everyday starter at 3B helps that much, if at all, this year anyway.

pedro
05-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I am becoming more and more of a Robert Castellini fan with each passing press clip.

I adore that he is furious at this team and that, hopefully, he is breathing down Krivsky's neck constantly to improve the MLB product.

I really think he'll put his money where his mouth is too.

TRF
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I really think he'll put his money where his mouth is too.

I think so too, but I also think Wayne K is a move for the sake of meve kinda guy. He's itching to pull any kind of trigger.

He pounced on Cody Ross. Why?
He pounced on Yan. again, why? especially since the guy he sent down was effective, no, nearly dominant against the players he was supposed to be dominant against: lefties.

Three catchers because he can't get a buyer on the two he inherited. Ross is his man, and would be the starter if LaRue were dealt. You can just feel that.

Krivsky worries me not because he makes deals, but because he makes deals that make no sense. Not all of them, but enough to make you go hmmm.

pedro
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Nothing he's done so far really hurts the Reds so I guess he has that much going for him so I don't mind his frequent visits to the second hand bin. TMBS, I can't for the life of understand why they kept QM over Cody Ross.

TRF
05-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Exactly. If you go after Ross, you keep him. Don't flip him for nothing and then keep Q.

The Yan/White/Shack scenario plays out the same way.

it's not helping the club, he's breeding an atmosphere of uncertainty. Who stays, who goes? is EE next?

pedro
05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Exactly. If you go after Ross, you keep him. Don't flip him for nothing and then keep Q.

The Yan/White/Shack scenario plays out the same way.

it's not helping the club, he's breeding an atmosphere of uncertainty. Who stays, who goes? is EE next?

I'm of the opinion that this club could probably use a little "uncertainty".

Puffy
05-31-2006, 07:07 PM

I have been screaming this for 5 years now. The Reds keep getting beat by the same players year after year. Advance scouting is supposed to identify strength's and weaknesses, etc. The Reds advance scouting has not done that consistently these past 5 years.

If your scouting report says Matt Murton can't handle the outside portion of the plate below the belt yet he is hitting .450 off you then maybe your scouting is off and you need to fix it - yet I guarantee that for the rest of the year Matt Murton remains a Red killer.

SunDeck
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Scouts. All they do is sit around watching baseball.

TheBigLebowski
05-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Sooooo...today's earth-shattering roster shakeup is the demotion of Brian Shackleford to AAA to clear space for Esteban Yan?

That's like yanking your dog off your carpet so your pet pig can crap there.

This isn't doing it for me. Maybe our front office guys aren't aware that Rick White still works here. Perhaps Krivsky is getting rid of Rick White in much the same fashion "The Bobs" got rid of Milton in "Office Space."

Stop paying him, and eventually he'll stop pitching. Problem solved on our end.

MartyFan
05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Sooooo...today's earth-shattering roster shakeup is the demotion of Brian Shackleford to AAA to clear space for Esteban Yan?

This isn't doing it for me. Maybe our front office guys aren't aware that Rick White still works here. Perhaps Krivsky is getting rid of Rick White in much the same fashion "The Bobs" got rid of Milton in "Office Space."

DUDE!!!

The only one who said it was going to be an earth-shattering shake up type of day was a reporter...an outsider...a guy who hangs around the team who knows more than you or I but he is not in the office...this again is a lesson on why "feelings" are misleading.

TeamBoone
06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
No one mentioned a timetable for a shakeup. They may wait until tomorrow (off day) or they may wait until after the road trip... or they may wait even longer. But I feel confident that Krivsky will make some changes.

Loved tonight's lineup though. With the exception of LaRue, it was most effective in April... perhaps JN should use it more often.

WebScorpion
06-01-2006, 12:24 AM

I-I-I believeyouhavemystapler. :ughmamoru

That's right we just 'fixed' the 'glitch'! :D

NJReds
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I think so too, but I also think Wayne K is a move for the sake of meve kinda guy. He's itching to pull any kind of trigger.

He pounced on Cody Ross. Why?
He pounced on Yan. again, why? especially since the guy he sent down was effective, no, nearly dominant against the players he was supposed to be dominant against: lefties.

Three catchers because he can't get a buyer on the two he inherited. Ross is his man, and would be the starter if LaRue were dealt. You can just feel that.

Krivsky worries me not because he makes deals, but because he makes deals that make no sense. Not all of them, but enough to make you go hmmm.

I think WK is assessing the organization as a whole - bigger moves will come in the offseason. But in the meantime, he's going to churn players at the bottom of the 40-man roster. If he finds a 'diamond in the rough' so be it - if not, no harm done.

For the first time in a long time I feel like we have the ownership/management in place to improve the organization for the long haul. But I don't expect miracles to occur.

KronoRed
06-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Scouts. All they do is sit around watching baseball.
WHo needs em? :devil: