PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Catch

Shaknb8k
05-31-2006, 01:57 AM
I havent seen anyone post anything on this and I just saw it a few minutes ago on the site. But the Reds Community Fund is having a special event on Fathers Day, June 18th. For $100 You get two tickets to the game and after they game the two people can have catch down on the field.

I personally thought this was awsome (not to mention a great marketing idea). My dad would love to go down on the field. And what better way to spend Fathers Day. So i think i will be buying a pair of these tickets. The price might be a little steep for some but think about it from both standpoints. If your a dad this is something you will never forget; passing ball with your son on the same field where the Reds play. And if your a son what better gift could you give your dad than spending a day at the ballpark and then getting to take him down on the field no matter what his age is. I think my dad will love it. If you didnt know any better you would think i was part of the Reds Marketing Dept. But i just think this is awsome.

Im guessing the tickets have to be purchased in advance so maybe we can get a couple people to respond to this thread to keep it towards the top so people will read it or maybe even a sticky.

here is the link:
https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cin/community/fathersday_catch_form.jsp

Super_Barry11
05-31-2006, 02:16 AM
Well, I'm not a son, but I'm the closest thing to one that my dad's ever had. By the time I was nine, my dad was hitting ground balls to my as hard as he could, and he wasn't holding back when we played catch. He spent about an hour a day working with me on the softball field every summer, starting when I was seven and lasting until I got to high school. He was the reason I started playing softball, and he supported me every single year I played, even driving up to five hours one way to see me play in college. He has TONS of albums of pictures he took of me playing (some of the freshmen on my college team didn't know he was my dad at first and were worried I had a stalker :laugh: ).

Anyway, I think he would LOVE to play catch on the field... It would be really amazing. I'll have to look into how much of my graduation money I have left... Thank you so much for posting this!!! :)

Newman4
05-31-2006, 09:02 AM
What kind of tickets are in the package?

Reds Fanatic
05-31-2006, 09:05 AM
What kind of tickets are in the package?
It does not really say what kind of tickets are included. You can also buy extra tickets for $20 each if you want more than the 2 tickets.

Heath
05-31-2006, 09:07 AM
Stupid vacation schedule. (me, not the Reds).

Good idea though.