PDA

View Full Version : Pick your least favorite FSN game-time commercial

realreds1
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
G'head. Pick it! (Pick more than one if you wanna...)

redsfanfalcon
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Just when I think my wife is getting into watching the Reds, the stupid JTM ad comes on, and she always says, "I hate that commercial!"

KittyDuran
06-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Hope about "none of the above"? ;)

TOBTTReds
06-04-2006, 06:47 PM
If you have one worse than Red Roof Inn, I must have missed it. Man, that one is awful. :bang: :angry:

A new nominee for me is the Gold Star "Star Treatment" adds. That be on after the game though.

jocross
06-04-2006, 06:54 PM
This thread should be titled "Most annoying FSN game-time commericial" because of how many times we see them per game...but thank you for not putting the Aqua Velva as an option, that jingle stays in my head for hours!

cumberlandreds
06-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Red Roof Inn commercial is horrible. I make sure I'm switching channels when that one comes on.

KronoRed
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Red Roof.

The rest are Ugh

jimbo
06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I would have to say the Red Roof ones are the worst, but Safe-Auto comes in a close second.

scounts22
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
They're all pretty bad, but I hate JTM and Red Roof equally. Does anyone else think the lady that appears in the JTM commercial looks like she could be a man (on the close-ups of her eyes)?

KYRed
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Does anyone else think the lady that appears in the JTM commercial looks like she could be a man (on the close-ups of her eyes)?

I mentioned this at the end of a game thread the other day, but that women is now also in a different Safe Auto commercial (almost sure it's her). So I surely nominate her for most annoying commercials actor/actress during the games!

westofyou
06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Ya know who we should ask?

Teenagers.. because no one knows more about commercials then teenagers.

griffeyfreak4
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I think the Red Roof Inn commercial is the best commercial there ever was. The Safe Auto one is terrible.

jhiller21
06-04-2006, 09:01 PM
JTM and Red Roof Inn are horrible, but not as bad as that Rockin' TV Deals ad.

Jr's Boy
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I just wonder if they make commercials like the Red Roof one to irritate people.I guess some nut thinks that will make people remember the Red roof inn.

toledodan
06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
safe auto and JTM are my least favorite. of couse my daughter can never see the aflac commercial enough.:D :thumbup:

Super_Barry11
06-04-2006, 10:05 PM
I voted for the JTM commercial because I cannot stand that woman's eye make-up. She has eighteen tons of make-up on to go to the grocery store to buy meat??? Who does that???

And ever since I heard that Aflac is a big time supporter of the School of the Americas, I get angry every time that commercial comes on as well. :thumbdown It makes me want to go protest against the School of the Americas. :angry:

Shaknb8k
06-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Red Roof....this is a no brainer. Its played at least 10 times a game.

macro
06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
The most annoying, by far, is the one for the realtor. Is his name Tommy Mac? They sing out the phone number.

KronoRed
06-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Purchase or Refi he's your guy :D

kxblue
06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
A girl in my class sings the "more, more, more" song, so by defualt, I cannot choose that as my least favorite commercial.

Phhhl
06-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Man, I watch all the games and none of the commercials. I guess I am the definition of a surfer. I haven't seen a single one of those, to my recollection.

Newman4
06-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Here's a timeless classic for you:

Aimee and Erin from AE Door and Window. :barf:

BuckWoody
06-05-2006, 08:28 AM
I just thank the good Lord for inventing TiVo. I usually make sure the game is recording, let it get ahead at least a half hour, then watch a glorious commercial-free ballgame. :thumbup:

gonelong
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
I just thank the good Lord for inventing TiVo. I usually make sure the game is recording, let it get ahead at least a half hour, then watch a glorious commercial-free ballgame. :thumbup:

I watch at least twice as much baseball since I have gotten my TiVo. Knocking out 6 minutes of commercials each inning takes about an hour off the game.

I find my self watching "Live" games all the time, still. I let it run for a few innings. Watch for an hour and get caught back up to live action. Pause it, mow the lawn or fold some laundry .... come back and catch up a again, repeat.

The wife could care less that I am watching all the game as I can pretty much get anything else done at the same time.

GL

smith288
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
JTM is the worst. There is several of them but the worst of the worst of the JTMs is the one where her, her son (i presume) and his friend are all in the kitchen doing some stupid frickin dance with a hamburger in their hand. I just want to punch the hamburger out of their hands and stomp on the JTM box just for good measure.

RedsFan75
06-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I think the Red Roof Inn ones have been running for the last 3 years. I know I saw them last year, so they rank at the top, at least the play with your food is better than the Jim Scott Interviews...

I can even take the Safe Auto ones over the JTM so in order for me

Red Roof
Grippos
JTM
Safe Auto

saboforthird
06-05-2006, 01:35 PM
This thread should be titled "Most annoying FSN game-time commericial" because of how many times we see them per game...but thank you for not putting the Aqua Velva as an option, that jingle stays in my head for hours!

That commercial somehow reminds me A LOT of the Double-Mint commercials, just the use of color, the jingle and all.

tsj017
06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Muuuulllllti-tasking. By a wide margin.

The JTM ads are bad (like their burgers). However, I find that woman strangely attractive. Not a good actress, but attractive.

Newman4
06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
My wife is an avid TLC, DYI, HGTV, etc. watcher and hates the Red Roof Inn decorations color scheme of royal blue, red and black along with the cheap furniture. Looks realistic though haha.

Reds-aholic
06-05-2006, 01:54 PM
I think the Grippo's ones are strangely funny. I laugh every time I see one, a few have brought me to tears from laughing so hard!

saboforthird
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
A girl in my class sings the "more, more, more" song, so by defualt, I cannot choose that as my least favorite commercial.

That's hot. :D

Benny-Distefano
06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Whoever invented that JTM more more more song deserves a warm spot next to Bad Guy Numero Uno.

Its like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I actually like the Red Roof Inn ones... "How low can YOU go?" :)

jhiller21
06-05-2006, 03:44 PM
How about that Cincinnati Children's Hospital ad? The one with the little girl kicking a can around to some lame tune.

It's not overly annoying in itself, but after seeing it 20,000 times it begins to drive you insane. BUY HER A SOCCER BALL ARGH

RedFanAlways1966
06-05-2006, 03:54 PM
How about that Cincinnati Children's Hospital ad? The one with the little girl kicking a can around to some lame tune.

It's not overly annoying in itself, but after seeing it 20,000 times it begins to drive you insane. BUY HER A SOCCER BALL ARGH

My vote too... but for a different reason.

It depresses me to think of little kids with major illnesses. I am glad that there is a place for these kids to receive top-notch treatment, but it just bums me out to think of those kids with big illnesses. When one of those ads comes on, I immediately change the channel for a minute.

TOBTTReds
06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm glad they are bringing back the classic Marty and Joe ads from Kroger.

"Hey buddy, toss the salad" Marty, about to throw it to Joe, puts it down and says, "Nahhh" That my friends is a classic.

registerthis
06-05-2006, 04:20 PM

Yeah, but one of them was pretty hot. Can't remember if it was Aimee or Erin, though.

Highlifeman21
06-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Weren't they related to Marty?

I could have sworn he used to be in some of those commercials with that dynamic duo, and IIRC they were his grandchildren?

Benny-Distefano
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Weren't they related to Marty?

I could have sworn he used to be in some of those commercials with that dynamic duo, and IIRC they were his grandchildren?

They are Kenny Anderson's daughters, I believe.

macro
06-06-2006, 12:47 PM
They are Kenny Anderson's daughters, I believe.

Actually, they are the daughters of the guy who started the company. Both Marty and Ken Anderson have served as pitchmen for the company, though.