PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Gods smile on Reds again.

WebScorpion
06-05-2006, 09:09 AM
3 games out of first with a 3 game series against the division leaders coming up. Pujols is out for a little bit. (probably the whole series) Without Pujols the only lefty threat in their lineup is Edmonds and he's not in the best shape either. There is always Rolen from the other side since we've got Claussen and Milton going the first 2 games, but I think we've got a decent chance of leaving St. Louis with a share of the lead. :eek:

BTW, when they return home Arroyo faces Glendon Rusch again! Is another homer possible? :ughmamoru

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
3 games out of first with a 3 game series against the division leaders coming up. Pujols is out for a little bit. (probably the whole series)

Pujols will miss the entire series along with at least the next few weeks. Having said that, I don't think the Reds will win this series. The Cardinals just lost a huge part of their line-up, but a LaRussa managed team always finds a way to win. Losing Pujols may inspire them. It isn't like when the Cubs lost Lee.

kaldaniels
06-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Simply put...how things can change in a week.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Pujols will miss the entire series along with at least the next few weeks. Having said that, I don't think the Reds will win this series. The Cardinals just lost a huge part of their line-up, but a LaRussa managed team always finds a way to win. Losing Pujols may inspire them. It isn't like when the Cubs lost Lee.To that lineup, it is very much like when the Cubs lost Lee, except this is probably for less time. Without Pujols in the lineup, I think runs are going to be hard to come by for the Cards.

PuffyPig
06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
The main difference betwen previous Cards teasm winning with injuries, and this team, is starting pitching.

in the last few years, the Cards could throw a out a good starter every day, and give upusually, 3 runs or less. It's easy to win, even with a lesser lineup, when you're getting that type of starting pitching.

This year's cards aren't getting that type of starting. Mulder, marquis and Suppan are all pitching pretty poorly thses days. Ponson is, well, Ponson. And carpenter is coming back from an injury, and hasn't dialed it up like last year.

If the Card's offense goes into snooze mode without Pujols, thet'll have trouble maintaining their current pace unless the starting pitching improves greatly over what they have done to date.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
The Cubs didn't have a Rolen or an Edmonds when they lost Lee.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 09:58 AM
If the Card's offense goes into snooze mode without Pujols, thet'll have trouble maintaining their current pace unless the starting pitching improves greatly over what they have done to date.

I agree 100% with your post, but I doubt the offense goes into snooze mode.

OldXOhio
06-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Let's hope the team doesn't have the same attitude as some on here. The Cardinals have had hugely successful seasons the last several years for reasons other than just Albert Pujols. Underestimate them and the Reds could find themselves heading back to CIN on the wrong end of a sweep.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
The Cubs didn't have a Rolen or an Edmonds when they lost Lee.While the Cards are less a one man show on offense than the Cubs, with Ramirez being their other major threat, they are not that far ahead. It has been pretty obvious that Pujols has been carrying the Cards offense in the first part of the year and losing his production for two weeks is likely to cause big problems. While it is true that there may be a short term emotional "we gotta pick it up" in this upcoming series, if he's gone for a DL stint, that may be long enough to expose the lack of depth in the lineup.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 10:11 AM
While the Cards are less a one man show on offense than the Cubs, with Ramirez being their other major threat, they are not that far ahead. It has been pretty obvious that Pujols has been carrying the Cards offense in the first part of the year and losing his production for two weeks is likely to cause big problems. While it is true that there may be a short term emotional "we gotta pick it up" in this upcoming series, if he's gone for a DL stint, that may be long enough to expose the lack of depth in the lineup.

We need to keep track of the Cardinals record without Pujols, because I think they will still win without him. I don't disagree that Pujols has provided most of the offense for the Cards up to this point in the season, because he has. I just think that the rest of the line-up will produce more now because they need to. Also... losing Pujols gives Edmonds a chance to play again.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 10:13 AM
It has been pretty obvious that Pujols has been carrying the Cards offense in the first part of the year and losing his production for two weeks is likely to cause big problems.

Losing Pujols for only two weeks would actually be good news to Cards fans. Unfortunately, he will be out longer than two weeks.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey, I like what Edmonds for Pujols does for the Reds chances. ;) I hope he is not out longer, but I had this sinking feeling that his record setting pace was going to be interrupted by an injury at some point.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Hey, I like what Edmonds for Pujols does for the Reds chances. ;) I hope he is not out longer, but I had this sinking feeling that his record setting pace was going to be interrupted by an injury at some point.

The Cubs are 12-27 since losing Lee. The Cards will have a winning record while Pujols is gone.

This is actually the first time Pujols has ever been on the DL.

Marc D
06-05-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't think Pujols being out will automatically give us the series. Its evened out by entering the Milton/Claussen part of our rotation. They have a habit of making lots of guys hit like Pujols.

If he's out a long time then obviously thats going to affect the Cards. No one has a team that is so deep it doesn't feel the effect of losing a Pujols and an Edmonds being far less than 100% for an extended stretch of games.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 10:51 AM
The Cubs are 12-27 since losing Lee. The Cards will have a winning record while Pujols is gone.

This is actually the first time Pujols has ever been on the DL.Fine, but injuries have a way of styming all-time great seasons in this game. That is what the clairvoyance was based on.

As for you ability to prognosticate, feel free to post the record at the end of the stint.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
As for you ability to prognosticate

I have a crystal ball :D

OnBaseMachine
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
IIRC, MattyMo also predicted the Reds wouldn't sweep the Cards back in May, and he was also pretty confident the Cards would take both games or at least split one and one vs the Astros earlier in the year and look how both of those predictions turned out. ;)

I like our chances now they he has said the Reds won't win this series. ;)

traderumor
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I have a crystal ball :Dwar injury?:p:

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 10:57 AM
IIRC, MattyMo also predicted the Reds wouldn't sweep the Cards back in May, and he was also pretty confident the Cards would take both games or atleast split one and one vs the Astros earlier in the year and look how both of those predictions turned out. ;)

I like our chances now they he has said the Reds won't win this series. ;)

Hmmmmm...I think you are right, but I was correct about the Reds/Astros series earlier in the year. :p:

redsmetz
06-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Pujols will miss the entire series along with at least the next few weeks. Having said that, I don't think the Reds will win this series. The Cardinals just lost a huge part of their line-up, but a LaRussa managed team always finds a way to win. Losing Pujols may inspire them. It isn't like when the Cubs lost Lee.

I think Narron is correct in wanting to keep his guys level and not thinking St. Louis is a knockover without Pujols. There are still some other hitters on that club and LaRussa always seems to find a way to get the most out of his players.

PuffyPig
06-05-2006, 11:14 AM
I agree 100% with your post, but I doubt the offense goes into snooze mode.

I think what you are suggesting is that the rest of the Cards will suddenly start producing more to make up the difference. The fact is, Pujols has carried the cards offense all season, just like Bonds did with the Giants the last few years.

Yes, that could happen for a short period of time, but the fact remians that no team can replace a Pujols.They are simply not the same without him for an extended period of time. THey will score less than they woul;d have with him in the lineup. It remains to be seen how much less. And it remains to be seen whether or not the pitching staf can make up the difference.

Roy Tucker
06-05-2006, 11:22 AM
All this talk of a sweep makes me highly nervous. The Cards have been the class of the NL Central for a while now. You don't just waltz into Busch and expect them to lay down and you don't ever take them lightly. LaRussa will field a highly competitive team.

Our chances are better with Pujols out, but using the broom-word is the Kiss Of Death. Let's just play 'em one at a time.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes, that could happen for a short period of time, but the fact remians that no team can replace a Pujols.They are simply not the same without him for an extended period of time. THey will score less than they woul;d have with him in the lineup. It remains to be seen how much less. And it remains to be seen whether or not the pitching staf can make up the difference.

What would you consider a short period of time? It looks like Pujols will be out 3-6 weeks. I consider that a short period of time. Right now, Pujols and Edmonds can't be in the line-up at the same time anyways, so Edmonds may be able to play while Pujols is out. Of cousre Edmonds can't replace Pujols, but he will help take some of the sting out of losing Pujols.

smith288
06-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Homer alert. ;)

Seriously... Cards fans believe (as well as pretty much the rest of the world) that Pujols is the best hitter since Ted Williams but when he leaves the lineup the cards fans think theyw ont miss him? Pffffff.

Taking away a Jordan like athlete from the team is WAY more than what Edmonds or Rolen can provide, no offense.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 11:32 AM
What would you consider a short period of time? It looks like Pujols will be out 3-6 weeks. I consider that a short period of time. Right now, Pujols and Edmonds can't be in the line-up at the same time anyways, so Edmonds may be able to play while Pujols is out. Of cousre Edmonds can't replace Pujols, but he will help take some of the sting out of losing Pujols.I consider 3-6 weeks very good news for the second place team chasing the first place team that just lost about four of eight cylinders in their offensive engine.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Homer alert. ;)

Seriously... Cards fans believe (as well as pretty much the rest of the world) that Pujols is the best hitter since Ted Williams but when he leaves the lineup the cards fans think theyw ont miss him? Pffffff.

Well...I never ever said that the Cards wouldn't miss Pujols, because they will. I do think that the Cards will still have a winning record while he is gone though.

PuffyPig
06-05-2006, 12:05 PM
It may matter over a longer period of time, but Pujols' absence doesn't make it likely that the Reds will sweep. A Cards team at hope is still forminable opposition. It does make it more likely that we can win more than we would have, but winning 2 out of 3 will still be hard. It's hard to predict with nay certainty who will will any individual game or a series. All I'm prepared to say is that the Reds chances just got better.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
It may matter over a longer period of time

If Pujols was out for the rest of the season, then I would write their obituary myself. They can survive 3-6 weeks without him though.

Crosley68
06-05-2006, 12:12 PM
The Reds should consider themselves very very lucky to win 2 of 3 against the Cards. Many times a wounded team will find that little extra from everyone to produce.

Beware!!

Remember thinking we were gonna sweep the Cubs last week?

GoReds
06-05-2006, 12:22 PM
I wonder how many grounders in the dirt we are going to see Edmonds diving for while playing first. Hard to make those ESPN highlights otherwise.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
The Reds should consider themselves very very lucky to win 2 of 3 against the Cards. Many times a wounded team will find that little extra from everyone to produce.

Beware!!

Remember thinking we were gonna sweep the Cubs last week?Timing. The Cubs were playing horribly and couldn't get much worse, the Reds were shaky and slumping offensively. Their worm turned before ours. All of a sudden, you see the Cubbies take 2 of 3 from the Cards as well.

I'd put it this way. This is a very winnable series considering the current direction of both teams.

smith288
06-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I wonder how many grounders in the dirt we are going to see Edmonds diving for while playing first. Hard to make those ESPN highlights otherwise.
"Rolens picks it up and tosses it across to a diving Jim Edmonds"

Phhhl
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM
I agree that the Cardinals may be an average to below average baseball team without Pujols. But, even the Royals sweep the Indians on occasion. It is best not to take any club too lightly. LaRusa can't even micromanage them out of the game if their mediocre pitching does their best Bob Gibson impression and shuts us out.

Falls City Beer
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Claussen and Milton scare me against AAA lineups in Spring Training.

I'll be quite content with one win in this series, thank you very much.

KronoRed
06-05-2006, 02:15 PM
:laugh:

Bad part is Grande will have even more opportunity's to tell us how much Edmonds rocks ;)

Jpup
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM

You sound like John Kruk. :lol:

Raisor
06-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Pujols has created 1.1 runs per game he's played for the Cards this year.

That's a HUGE amount.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Pujols has created 1.1 runs per game he's played for the Cards this year.

That's a HUGE amount.

Pujols has been Superman this year for the Cards. Without him, the Cards would have struggled. That doesn't mean the will continue to struggle.

traderumor
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Pujols has been Superman this year for the Cards. Without him, the Cards would have struggled. That doesn't mean the will continue to struggle.
But then, why not consider that their struggles could worsen, instead of assuming that if a change is in order for the rest of the lineup, it will be positive?

BoydsOfSummer
06-05-2006, 04:16 PM
About time for Rolen to take an injury hiatus too.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 04:19 PM
But then, why not consider that their struggles could worsen, instead of assuming that if a change is in order for the rest of the lineup, it will be positive?

For the following reasons...

1) Scott Rolen has been playing much better recently than he was when the season began. He is still healing from his injury, and doesn't have all of his power back, but he will likely continue to improve all season.

2) For the last several seasons, the Cardinals have found ways to win no matter what players they stuck in the line-up. I think that LaRussa has a hand in that. Somehow, he knows how to bring out the best in his players.

Blimpie
06-05-2006, 04:21 PM

I'll be quite content with one win in this series, thank you very much.FCB, somehow that forecast of yours doesn't suprise me...:D

To say that you are a "glass-half-empty" kinda guy does not do the phrase justice. I am envisioning that your glass is one of those cloudy-looking beer mugs that has that pesky chipped part at the top right where your mouth goes....

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Most Cards fans seem to be throwing in the towel for the season already. I think they they will do just fine.

Eric_Davis
06-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Looking at the pitching matchups and the way both clubs are playing right now. I see the REDS and Cards even in two of the games with the REDS the favorite in the other one...so, if someone should take two of three, it should be the REDS.

gm
06-05-2006, 05:02 PM

I was thinking with JimE playing the gimp @ 1b, the Reds should drag a few bunts in his general direction

traderumor
06-05-2006, 05:03 PM
For the following reasons...

1) Scott Rolen has been playing much better recently than he was when the season began. He is still healing from his injury, and doesn't have all of his power back, but he will likely continue to improve all season.

2) For the last several seasons, the Cardinals have found ways to win no matter what players they stuck in the line-up. I think that LaRussa has a hand in that. Somehow, he knows how to bring out the best in his players.

I would add that as time goes on and the extent of Pujols injury becomes more certain, that a Walt Jocketty roster shakeup might bring a boost, also.

The voice crying in the wilderness motif is admirable, but then, Scott Rolen is OPSing at .949. Now you need more production?

Your leadoff hitter is sitting 40 points above his career average (both BA and OBP). He will have to at least maintain that.

Juan Encarnacion is now in a more exposed position. Think old man and raincoat.

Taguchi is already performing at career norms

And Miles and Molina? No help there, although Molina will get to .200, right?

If Pujols is out 6 weeks and the Cards at least pull off .500 ball over that span, then LaRussa will have earned his mock "Super Genius" moniker.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 05:47 PM
If Pujols is out 6 weeks and the Cards at least pull off .500 ball over that span, then LaRussa will have earned his mock "Super Genius" moniker.

Then prepare to personally declare LaRussa as the real Super Genius. ;)

RFS62
06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I was thinking with JimE playing the gimp @ 1b, the Reds should drag a few bunts in his general direction

Tonight we should see the the patented Edmonds "flop-stretch" from first.

PuffyPig
06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
The Crads will score less without Pujols, that is certain. How much is a guess. Some of their hitters are overachiving already (Eckstein, Miles, Luna, Rodriquez), some are underachieving (Edmonds, Molina) and some probably are where they will continue (Rolen, Encarnacion). It's hard to image that, as a group, they will suddenly hit more over the next month.

If the Cards want to continue at a 60% clip, their starting pitching will have to step up. Each of their starters is giving up about 1 run more this year per game than last year. They need to reverse that trend, otherwise they will be a .500 club without Pujols.

The most importatnt thing may be Edmonds. If he continues to hit poorly (whether as the result of injuries or general suckiness), it's hard to image that the Cards can continue to average 5 runs a game. because Pujols was such a large part of that total.

The Cards (with Pujols) are 5th in the league in runs scored, and sport a .775 OPS. Without Pujols stats, their OPS falls to about .720, or 14th in the NL. If that continues they'll score about what the currently give up. So, expect about a .500 record if things stay the same.

MattyHo4Life
06-05-2006, 07:29 PM
So, expect about a .500 record if things stay the same.

That's pretty optimistic. I think they will be at least .500 without Pujols, but I am in the minority. Being a .500 team without Pujols is not a bad thing. If they can do that... just imagine how good they will be when Pujols returns.

oregonred
06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Pujols gone greatly helps the Reds chances in the series, but predicting a sweep in STL is a bit looney. Last I checked Milton/Claussen were pitching the first two games...

Over a 4-6 week period of Pujols potentially being out the Cards will likely take an extra loss over the course of each 7-8 game stretch. Hopefully one of those happens in the next three games.

Patrick Bateman
06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
If they can do that... just imagine how good they will be when Pujols returns.

Probably a .600 team, as they are now.

Reds1
06-06-2006, 12:15 AM

and then there is the Griffey factor ;)

Reds1
06-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Pujols gone greatly helps the Reds chances in the series, but predicting a sweep in STL is a bit looney. Last I checked Milton/Claussen were pitching the first two games...

Over a 4-6 week period of Pujols potentially being out the Cards will likely take an extra loss over the course of each 7-8 game stretch. Hopefully one of those happens in the next three games.

Yes, it's hard to predict or think there will be a sweep in St. Louis, but that's what's so cool about predicting. It's a guess! I agree with Claussen on the mound it was a tough victory - which it was, but Milton has been pretty good and I think he could shut down a Pujol-less lineup. Then again they might hit the hell out of him. :)

I"m just glad to see the mo keep going with the victory. It guarantees us worst case only 4 out and we have a shot to be tied or 3 games out. NOt bad.

WebScorpion
06-06-2006, 01:47 AM

I'll be quite content with one win in this series, thank you very much.

Now that you are content, does that mean you won't be complaining during the next 2 games?

I was not trying to say that the Reds would walk over the Cards because Pujols was missing and Edmonds is not full strength, just that there is a real chance for the Reds to sweep this series. A sweep of the Cards in their own house is unthinkable with those two in the lineup, without them it only becomes possible, still a far cry from a sure thing. That said, I think Milton can go toe-to-toe with Carpenter tomorrow as long as he pitches carefully to Rolen and Encarnacion. Griffey and Dunn should fare well against Carpenter (coming off bursitis in his pitching shoulder)...I'm also guessing Valentin will catch and the Hat will man first giving us four hitters from the left side. I like the odds. If we jump ahead and stay ahead we win...if we fall behind and they go to Isringhausen, we win. I'm not saying Izzy is done, just that he won't be effective without at least 2 days rest (not this series) ... once again, the Basebal Gods Smile upon us. A lot of things seem to be falling the Reds way at the moment, if they can keep the errors to a minimum and string together a nice run while the Cards are at their weakest, it could be a re-e-eally interesting season. This offense is definitely championship caliber, (well-balanced lefty-righty, deep, balance of power and speed,) Kriv and Cast might just splurge for a pitcher to put us over the top at the deadline if we're still at or near the top of the standings. Alright, who believes? Anybody?... anybody?... Bueller? ;)

PS - notice I didn't mention the defense.;)

TeamBoone
06-06-2006, 02:24 AM
According to ESPN.com, Pujols MRI was inconclusive.

Falls City Beer
06-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Now that you are content, does that mean you won't be complaining during the next 2 games?

I was not trying to say that the Reds would walk over the Cards because Pujols was missing and Edmonds is not full strength, just that there is a real chance for the Reds to sweep this series. A sweep of the Cards in their own house is unthinkable with those two in the lineup, without them it only becomes possible, still a far cry from a sure thing. That said, I think Milton can go toe-to-toe with Carpenter tomorrow as long as he pitches carefully to Rolen and Encarnacion. Griffey and Dunn should fare well against Carpenter (coming off bursitis in his pitching shoulder)...I'm also guessing Valentin will catch and the Hat will man first giving us four hitters from the left side. I like the odds. If we jump ahead and stay ahead we win...if we fall behind and they go to Isringhausen, we win. I'm not saying Izzy is done, just that he won't be effective without at least 2 days rest (not this series) ... once again, the Basebal Gods Smile upon us. A lot of things seem to be falling the Reds way at the moment, if they can keep the errors to a minimum and string together a nice run while the Cards are at their weakest, it could be a re-e-eally interesting season. This offense is definitely championship caliber, (well-balanced lefty-righty, deep, balance of power and speed,) Kriv and Cast might just splurge for a pitcher to put us over the top at the deadline if we're still at or near the top of the standings. Alright, who believes? Anybody?... anybody?... Bueller? ;)

PS - notice I didn't mention the defense.;)

How you can say the Reds have the edge with Eric Milton facing the reigning Cy Young winner is totally beyond me. Strange things happen; teams go through rough stretches (as the Cards appear to be--but only appear to be), but you'd be batso at this point to claim the Reds have the upperhand.

smith288
06-06-2006, 12:19 PM
How you can say the Reds have the edge with Eric Milton facing the reigning Cy Young winner is totally beyond me. Strange things happen; teams go through rough stretches (as the Cards appear to be--but only appear to be), but you'd be batso at this point to claim the Reds have the upperhand.
Youre the opposite end of the spectrum FCB.

WebScorpion
06-07-2006, 12:38 AM
It may be beyond you, but it was correct. I think it was Milton's 3rd or 4th start after returning from the DL and his last 2 starts were beyond quality IIRC. It stands to reason that he'd be stronger for this start, thus better. It's Cy's first game back from the DL and the problem was in his pitching shoulder, odds are he'd just be Carpenter, not Cy Young. Add to this, the Reds offense is on a roll and the Cards lost their best bat. You can call it batso all you want, but I think it is logical. Anyway, I think the third game is the hardest ... so many things can go wrong when trying to close out the sweep in another teams house. If we can pull it off, it will be 1999ish ... there was a 13-game winning streak in '99 that got the team on a roll...
:beerme:

traderumor
06-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Win or lose, we end this very important roadtrip no worse than 6-3. And that is with two losses to the Scrubs out of the gate. Just an amazing turn of events in the last week and a half.

Last night was plain and simply a drubbing. Tonight, I say we harpoon the whale on the mound.

TeamBoone
06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Did you notice how quiet last night's game was?

It actually drove me nuts. Most of the time you could hear a pin drop and it was quite annoying.... but then, the more I think about it, I could be that annoyed during an away game and be perfectly happy about it!

WebScorpion
06-07-2006, 11:37 PM
In retrospect, I'd say I was correct. It was possible. :thisyear: :dancingco

Falls City Beer
06-07-2006, 11:42 PM
In retrospect, I'd say I was correct. It was possible. :thisyear: :dancingco

I tip my cap. You called it. Weird game this baseball.

oregonred
06-08-2006, 02:33 AM
There is always Rolen from the other side since we've got Claussen and Milton going the first 2 games, but I think we've got a decent chance of leaving St. Louis with a share of the lead. :eek:

WS -- Unbelieveable. How long does the party last? :thumbup:

OldXOhio
06-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Did you notice how quiet last night's game was?

It actually drove me nuts. Most of the time you could hear a pin drop and it was quite annoying.... but then, the more I think about it, I could be that annoyed during an away game and be perfectly happy about it!

Junior's 9th inning blast on Monday night completely took the air out of that stadium for the rest of the series. Place was like a morgue on Wed and Thurs and it showed in the Cards play.

traderumor
06-08-2006, 09:50 AM
That's pretty optimistic. I think they will be at least .500 without Pujols, but I am in the minority. Being a .500 team without Pujols is not a bad thing. If they can do that... just imagine how good they will be when Pujols returns.So, the current record is 1-3 without Albert. Not a very good start, and the pitching slump better end quick or it could get real ugly real fast.

WebScorpion
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
WS -- Unbelieveable. How long does the party last? :thumbup:

Let's see ... Maddux, Zambrano , and Wood against The Lizard, #5, and The Dread Pirate Roberts. There's an old saying in baseball, never get too high and never get too low. I'm guessing Lizard and Claussen are going to have to really turn it on...Milton gets the lucky draw again of a pitcher fresh off the DL. I hate to say it, but I see us losing one of the next two games ... of course the return of Junior could turn the tide. :evil: