PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of hearing about Pujols' injury?

TeamSelig
06-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Anyone else tired of hearing about it? 90% of the Reds pregame show was about his injury. Blah. I'll agree that it is a big deal, but jeez. I don't even want to discuss ESPN and ESPNEWS. Let's talk about it, but not only about it.

I hope this somehow jinx's Pujols into being out for 3 months.

CRedsLarkin11
06-05-2006, 09:18 PM
I agree, I hate it when the media does things like this. Yep, he's hurt, life goes on, there are games to play

redram
06-06-2006, 01:28 PM
It's a pretty big deal, seeings how he is, was on track to break the HR record. He is about all the poor Cards lol have left. We can gain ground on them big time now. These 3 games, now 2 or big. A sweep pulls us even.

Blimpie
06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Wait a second, it is starting to sound like I am the only one who is wearing his black armband (provided by George Grande)...:nono:

OUReds
06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Nope, not tired of hearing about it at all.

It likely makes me a bad person, but I smile everytime I hear it.

smith288
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Wait a second, it is starting to sound like I am the only one who is wearing his black armband (provided by George Grande)...:nono:
I ran up my American Flag at half staff... Did I only imagine hearing the announcement by Bush yesterday?

smith288
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
It's a pretty big deal, seeings how he is, was on track to break the HR record. He is about all the poor Cards lol have left. We can gain ground on them big time now. These 3 games, now 2 or big. A sweep pulls us even.
Im going to be honest with myself instead of being a Steeler's fan who was convinced Palmer being out wasnt to their benefit. Beating the Cards down while their main slugger is nursing a hurt oblique is exactly what we need.

Will it make our season? No but it sure will help our mentality next time we face them.

LincolnparkRed
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I don't think it can be overblown. He is "young" and clean and had a chance to erase at least part of the human *'s stain on at least the single season home run record. The other part being that it is a hard to diagnos injury means there is more to talk about. If he his leg had just fallen off or been broken they would have an idea of when he would come back but with this no one knows for sure so everyone gets to speculate.

CrackerJack
06-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Yes George Bush (and Grande) have claimed a national day of mourning for Albert Pujols' strained buttocks muscle.

tsj017
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
As a Reds fan, I hope we hear about it all season!

Jr's Boy
06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
But the Reds have beat the Cards with Pujols in the lineup,so no one can claim we can beat them because Pujols is out.

RedFanAlways1966
06-06-2006, 03:52 PM
But the Reds have beat the Cards with Pujols in the lineup,so no one can claim we can beat them because Pujols is out.

I like your attitude, but I also remember someone hitting 3 longballs in one game against our beloved REDS... the last which was a 2R walkoff job.

I hate to see a great player like Pujols hurt. But it is nothing but HELPFUL for the rest of the NL Central teams. VERY HELPFUL! No ifs, ands or buts about it.

top6
06-06-2006, 03:57 PM
yes, it's outrageous that the media would cover the best player in the game being hurt.

KoryMac5
06-06-2006, 06:08 PM
I am actually more tired of hearing about Clemens than Albert's injury.

RedLegSuperStar
06-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I hate hearing about it.. but I also love the fact that it gives us a chance to regain some ground in this division.

RedLegSuperStar
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I am actually more tired of hearing about Clemens than Albert's injury.

Me too... Live updates of his Single A start? Seriously..

redsfanmia
06-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Me too... Live updates of his Single A start? Seriously..

ESPN has to have something on the air, what else are they going to talk about they have to fill the 2 hours a day they aren' rehashing the Yankees and Red Sox games/ goings on.

harangatang
06-06-2006, 09:51 PM
yes, it's outrageous that the media would cover the best player in the game being hurt.Or one of the best pitchers of all time coming back in the manner he has...It's outrageous...:laugh:

MattyHo4Life
06-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Nope, not tired of hearing about it at all.

It likely makes me a bad person, but I smile everytime I hear it.

I cringed when I saw EE go down last night. Not once did I hope that he was seriously injured even though it would help my Cardinals if he was.

GAC
06-07-2006, 08:36 AM
I cringed when I saw EE go down last night. Not once did I hope that he was seriously injured even though it would help my Cardinals if he was.

Exactly Matty. And that really is the attitude most fans should have.

I want to beat the Cards with their best people in there - face to face - so that no excuses can be offered... "Well, the only reason they were able to do it was because so-and-so is on the DL."

The Cards are banged up right now. And while injuries are part of the game, and there is nothing anyone can do about it - and it's obvious that it does help the Reds, who will take advantage (that's not the Red's fault) - no one should be wishing it upon anyone, or demonstrate glee when it happens, just so to help your team.

Finally - if you're playing the Cards, then it is only obvious that the broadcasters, regardless of who they are, are gonna talk about such a key injury.

When in Chicago, they talked about Lee's injury and how it affected their team .

if Dunn were to go down, then I guarantee that the broadcasters/media types would be talking about it whenever a Red's game was broadcast, and how it adversely affects the team.

Only natural to do so.

membengal
06-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Give me a break. You win however you can. The Reds have been ripped asunder the last 5+ years with Jr. injuries. Heck, they dropped two of three to St. Louis earlier this year w/o Jr., and having Jr. would have helped.

No one roots for it. But that doesn't mean you have to be sad either if the injury bug visits your opponent, anymore than they are sad when it happens to you.

MattyHo4Life
06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Give me a break. You win however you can. The Reds have been ripped asunder the last 5+ years with Jr. injuries. Heck, they dropped two of three to St. Louis earlier this year w/o Jr., and having Jr. would have helped.

No one roots for it. But that doesn't mean you have to be sad either if the injury bug visits your opponent, anymore than they are sad when it happens to you.

I just don't agree. Injuries to am All Century player for the last 5 years is bad for baseball, so I hated to see that happen. An injury to a player that had the potential to do the things that Pujols could have accomplish this year is also bad for baseball. I'm a Cardinals fan, but I am a baseball fan too. So yeah....if it is bad for baseball, then it does make me sad.

membengal
06-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, Matty, you are clearly a better person than I am. My love for baseball as a whole takes backseat to my fanaticism regarding the Reds. Pujols is an otherworldly player (whose loss has effectively crippled my NL-only fantasy team), and a joy to watch. But his presence on the Cardinals simply kills the Reds. His absence enhances their chances to win (as seen last night, IMO). I am a jealous, selfish, fan who is hoping against hope the Reds have caught some lightning in a bottle this year. Pujols' absence for a short time (and certainly in this series) helps their chances. Again, not rooting for it, but not exactly sad either.

I will now wallow in my pettiness. But, one game back against a Cards team markedly less effective without Pujols, perfectly fine with that.

OUReds
06-07-2006, 12:25 PM

Since you quoted me when posting, I'll respond.

I do not apologize for being a reds fan first and foremost. I refuse to even play fantasy baseball since I cannot bear the thought of rooting against my team's players.

I do not expect sympathy from other teams when the Reds have injuries, I do not have sympathy when injuries strike others.

In the context of a baseball season, anything that helps the Reds get to the post season is something to smile about.

Your concern for EE is fine, but this is baseball, where injuries have been a part of the game since Abner Doubleday. You play the hand you are dealt.

reds44
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
EE looked like he might have blown out his achillies, there is a different between that and an oblique.

Pujols will miss 6 weeks at the most (he won't miss that much) and it looked like EE might be done for the year.

RedFanAlways1966
06-07-2006, 12:52 PM
You play the head you are dealt.

I'm not sure I'd wanna play that kind of card game! :shocked:

:)

OUReds
06-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure I'd wanna play that kind of card game! :shocked:

DOH!!!! Edited!

Redus
06-07-2006, 12:58 PM
I was tired of hearing about Alberts game winning homers.