PDA

View Full Version : 2 Phenoms Matchup Tonight In Seattle

Jpup
06-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on a good game to watch tonight. Minnesota is at Seattle and the pitching matchup is, check this out:

Francisco Liriano vs. Felix Hernandez

10:05 ET from Safeco Field in Seattle.

Highlifeman21
06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Liriano has pitched much better than King Felix this year so far.

Hernandez and that 5.78 ERA aren't making people think Randy Johnson in Seattle. The fact he's not even averaging 6 IP/start isn't helping his cause either. Maybe he'll get that K:BB back over 3:1 as well.

I know the kid is only 20, but for all the hype so far, yikes.

Red Leader
06-06-2006, 09:55 AM
They matched up against each other in MINN a week or two back. Felix pitched well, but Liriano still pitched better and the Twins won. I think the final was 3-1. Will be interesting to see how they fare in SEA.

TheBigLebowski
06-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Felix is killing me. I'm loving Liriano.

I have both of them, and I started them both when they had their first H2H matchup a little over a week ago. Fortunately, it was a well-pitched ballgame. Liriano got the win, but Felix had a nice night.

I just don't see how hitters have caught up with King Felix so quickly. He was dominant last year. Perhaps he's injured.

CTA513
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
My guess is Liriano will win tonight.

:thumbup:

westofyou
06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Felix is killing me. I'm loving Liriano.

I have both of them, and I started them both when they had their first H2H matchup a little over a week ago. Fortunately, it was a well-pitched ballgame. Liriano got the win, but Felix had a nice night.

I just don't see how hitters have caught up with King Felix so quickly. He was dominant last year. Perhaps he's injured.
Me too, the M's say that he became too enamored with his breaking stuff, that was taking away from the stuff he really gets guys out with. He's just a big kid, growing pains.

I have him (with last years stats) in my Strat league... he's a stud.

captainmorgan07
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
this one should be one to watch if we weren't playing such a big game tonite i'll check the scores a few times but that's about all i'll be fixed on are game with the cards

vaticanplum
06-06-2006, 11:45 AM
The wife of one of my best friends is about to drop a baby in Seattle any second now. I say winner of this game should be the namesake. Especially if it's a girl.

KronoRed
06-06-2006, 04:19 PM
/\ Depends on the last name :D

Red Leader
06-08-2006, 11:17 AM
After going to dinner with Felix Hernandez Tuesday night Francisco Liriano went to the emergency room with food poisoning.

Liriano was reportedly fine by the afternoon and is scheduled to make his next start.

BTW, King Felix won the game the other night, and pitched well. Got himself out of a couple of jams early and it seemed to really help his confidence. Fantasy leaguers take note, he could be on his way back to Studsville.

vaticanplum
06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
...and the baby's name is Sophia. Sophia/Felix. I don't really know what they were thinking.

KronoRed
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Poor kid :(

vaticanplum
06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Ha, I should clarify that the baby's name is JUST Sophia, not any version of Felix, which is what I was advocating.