PDA

View Full Version : Cincy's time honored tradition - Ballot stuffing

smith288
06-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Ballot stuffing... Electronic style

I tried this last year but I believe I goofed regarding their CAPTCHA image security measure (its the image with the alpha/numeric code). If you dont enter that, I think they discount the vote and my little tool did exactly that.

Here is this years version...hopefully it works better.

Start here: MLB Ballot (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/ballot_reg.jsp)

Enter in your info and uncheck those pesky check boxes. Enter in the CAPTCA code (validation key) and then click "Vote Now".

When it gets you to the AL list, just paste this in your URL box and press enter:

javascript: SetCookie("as2006ballot","nl_1b=115135&nl_2b=&nl_3b=115135&nl_ss=115135&nl_ca=115135&nl_o0=115135&nl_o1=115135&nl_o2=115135&nl_w1f=Brandon&nl_w1l=Phillips&nl_w1c=cin&nl_w1p=2b","","/",".mlb.com"); alert("Thanks for voting for all Ken Griffey (and Brandon Phillips)!");document.location.replace("/mlb/events/all_star/y2006/ballot_success.html");

It will thank you and send you to the end of the ballot entering in Griffey for each position (but 2b as Phillips is the 2b) and Phillips for the write in. You can tell because the list of voted players will be presented on the NL side of the ballot. You are free to enter in AL players and it should keep memory of those picks but I just dont care enough for anyone on the AL to bother.

You can then click on the vote again and start the process over up to 25 times then you need to use a different email address though im not entirely sure how they validate its actually existing (based on my own experience in web/application development). Theoretically, you can say smith288@yahoo.com then smith289@yahoo.com, smith290@yahoo.com etc etc. and they shouldn't really know if its really yours or some other schmuck.

That is the ALL GRIFFEY (and Brandon Phillips as write in) ballot. If you want another player, you will need to find out how to look up their ID because I REALLY want Griffey to play in a Reds shirt for once during the all star game.

smith288
06-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Also note that I do NOT know MLB's rules in determinig vote tallying...who knows, they could see a ballot completely filled with Griffey and nullify it... I just don't know.

This is all just toying with MLBs ballot like a REAL Reds fan does.